How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I have reached Helmet 2 level in my first year of career as offie all rounder [Legend difficulty]...:D

Can you post your statistics? I really need to know what to
do to reach helmet levels quick as an allrounder.

----------

[/COLOR]

Awesome stats. there mate. But don't you feel bored of just batting all the time? And do you reach helmet levels quicker as just a batsman than an all-rounder? :rolleyes

lol thanks. yea i started out as an batting allrounder n got bored bowling. so i may another career as an opening batsman.

A bit of an oversight on my part. I am a leftie so for me it's the other way round. :facepalm

Can you re-assign left & right analog sticks and select which one you want to use for footwork and playing the shot?

Still at Level 1 at 17 bowling all rounder.

I'm 17 now and in the England test squad still only a 1 helmet.

Front foot almost halfway
Back foot a quarter
Straight bat a third
Flat bat a quarter
On side a third
Off side a quarter
Arm ball almost half
Off break maxed out
Doosra nearly a third
Drift almost a half
Flight over a third
Top spinner a third

----------

England Test Career

Test Series: 2
Test Series Wins: 2
Test Series Draw: 0
Test Series Losses: 0
Test Matches: 8
Test Match Wins: 7
Test Match Draws: 0
Test Match Losses: 1

Batting

Matches: 8
Innings: 10
Not Out: 1
Runs: 311
Top Score: 89*
Average: 34.56
Balls Faced: 506
Strike Rate: 61.46
Hundreds: 0
Fifties: 3
Ducks: 2
Fours: 31
Sixes: 3

Bowling & Fielding

Balls Bowled: 1068
Wickets: 48
Runs: 348
Average: 7.25
Economy: 1.95
Strike Rate: 22.25
5WI: 1
10WM: 1
BBI: 7/33
BBM: 10/47
Maidens: 39
Catches: 3

I can't get my head round batting at all, I read a lot of tips on here, did a bit of practice match in middle to play cut shot to spinner, thought I had it sorted. Go into my career as batsmen( I have 2 goin) can hardly get a run, so I save and quit and go to my bowler and rattle off 40 not out no problem. The batsman has a far better skill set for batting than the bowler, who has hardly any but I'm averaging more with the bowler and have 2 FC 50s with the bowler compared to a high score of 49 with the batsman. I play pretty much the same way with both, I'm probably more cautious with the batsman, but edging a lot to keeper blocking with batter but hardly ever do with the bowler! I can't wait for the patch, much more abuse and my controller will need anti depressants and painkillers!!

Spin please turn!!!

My bowling all rounder particularly for off breaks puts 2400revs on the ball. Have not seen any dramatic turn and next to no breaking most of the time.
I wondered why and realised I was bowling on 1st and second day pitches. I noticed more turn the later in the games. However not a grand amount.

I love this game but I would love to pitch it in the rough patches and on occasion see some rip!

----------

The most turn I have seen was Mendis from Sri Lanka. He flight end the ball and it turned from middle stump and went outside off when I looked to straight drive.

The game said 1800rpm.
Why doesn't my bowling do something like that at 2000+

----------

[/COLOR]
I can't get my head round batting at all, I read a lot of tips on here, did a bit of practice match in middle to play cut shot to spinner, thought I had it sorted. Go into my career as batsmen( I have 2 goin) can hardly get a run, so I save and quit and go to my bowler and rattle off 40 not out no problem. The batsman has a far better skill set for batting than the bowler, who has hardly any but I'm averaging more with the bowler and have 2 FC 50s with the bowler compared to a high score of 49 with the batsman. I play pretty much the same way with both, I'm probably more cautious with the batsman, but edging a lot to keeper blocking with batter but hardly ever do with the bowler! I can't wait for the patch, much more abuse and my controller will need anti depressants and painkillers!!

Play in front foot as long as you don't get a hold of this game mate, specially for spinners. Just use sweep reverse sweeps for spinners,later on you can come down the ground if you time it, surely it'll be a six.

----------

How is the resolution for everyone? Not that good always or is it?

----------

[/COLOR]

Play in front foot as long as you don't get a hold of this game mate, specially for spinners. Just use sweep reverse sweeps for spinners,later on you can come down the ground if you time it, surely it'll be a six.

----------

How is the resolution for everyone? Not that good always or is it?

The funny thing is when I was doin the practice match, using v poor batsmen v good spinner, I found that playin straight down the ground on/off drive off back foot was the best along with back foot cut between point and third man, however if its a leg side delivery play front foot leg glance, it was working fine in practice but in career it just seems it doesn't work as well, I can reverse sweep when there's no point in place but if there's one its too risky. It definately feels that playing on amateur with decent stats is too easy but playing career with low stats is too hard. Thanks for you help though, love this game but wish there was a middle ground.

My bowling all rounder particularly for off breaks puts 2400revs on the ball. Have not seen any dramatic turn and next to no breaking most of the time.
I wondered why and realised I was bowling on 1st and second day pitches. I noticed more turn the later in the games. However not a grand amount.

I love this game but I would love to pitch it in the rough patches and on occasion see some rip!

----------

The most turn I have seen was Mendis from Sri Lanka. He flight end the ball and it turned from middle stump and went outside off when I looked to straight drive.

The game said 1800rpm.
Why doesn't my bowling do something like that at 2000+

I still think the biggest issue with seeing lots of turn is that the AI will struggle to be competitive.

Would love to be wrong about that but that is my hunch

Users who are viewing this thread