How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Did you buy it on console or PC? If the latter, I will gladly refund you the money if you transfer your steam purchase to my account and I'll gift it to someone on the forum for them to enjoy.

Well... You know... You're just such a great guy....

Into my 3rd Season at Essex now, and have been made captain (which, tbh i'm not too thrilled about, really happy just bowling and doing the odd bit of batting- would much rather simulate to career player when im not bowling...) Didn't last too long in the first innings, and bowling wise, Warwickshire are 167/2 chasing 244. Captains prerogative - give yourself the most overs, sent down 13 overs of the 50...but then again, i've taken both the wickets...

One was a catch, and the other one was a really really dodgy lbw call, which thanks to the big eye in the BARS, where it pitched was okay, but hit outside off stump, and completely missed offstump too, both in height and line...Guess if you appeal enough, the umpire might eventually give it out...

Q: When captain, will the bowlers actually appeal for their own catches/lbw...can't say i've heard enough appeals by the bowlers so far (And too used to simulating)

You can't actually do that...

I was more just calling his bluff, because it's clearly not a waste of anyones money

This may sound weird, but I was stripped of captaincy in the middle of test match. Has that happened to anyone?

In my 2nd season now as a no. 3 batsman playing for Essex in career mode (on Legend). My FC average has plummeted to below 40 now as I'm not able to get the big knocks. Surprisingly was able to score much easily in my 1st season as compared to the 2nd one. My stats at the moment...

FC: Ave 39 (2 100s, 12 50s)
List A: Ave 30 (2 100s, 1 50)
T20: Ave 32 (2 50s)

Most of the times I'm able to get a start and then lose the wkt. One common dismissal in the 2nd season has been caught by wkt keeper down the leg side! Almost 1 in 3 dismissals are caught down the leg side and most of the times the ball seems to pass through the bat. Would be good if wkt keeper actually dropped some of the one handed blinders he takes down the leg side, or the ball occasionally misses the wkt keeper and goes for a 4 to the fine leg boundary.

Playing an opening batsmen for Gloucestershire since I'm finding I'm becoming a bit reckless with batting and getting annoyed at myself when I get dismissed so I need to learn some patience and pick the bad balls for scoring etc.

First few knocks didn't go so great, got a good innings of 72 before I played a wild pull shot and got caught on the boundary line.

Currently I'm on 43(50) and still going strong. Being a lot more cautious with my shot selection and still somehow maintaining a mid 80s SR.

This may sound weird, but I was stripped of captaincy in the middle of test match. Has that happened to anyone?

i havent been a captain but Im sure I read of other people having this problem when they change the batting order, for example if you switch with number 7 then number 7 gets the captain role.

Im assuming this is due to the static lineup changes that game has making anything that messes with the teams broken or bugged. Maybe something for @BigAntStudios to look at :/

Keep restarting my career I just want to bat and bowl from time to time so I picked batting all-rounder spin and they have me bowling in the 7th over of the first game, a head of 2 seamers and the main spinner :(

i havent been a captain but Im sure I read of other people having this problem when they change the batting order, for example if you switch with number 7 then number 7 gets the captain role.

Im assuming this is due to the static lineup changes that game has making anything that messes with the teams broken or bugged. Maybe something for @BigAntStudios to look at :/

Keep restarting my career I just want to bat and bowl from time to time so I picked batting all-rounder spin and they have me bowling in the 7th over of the first game, a head of 2 seamers and the main spinner :(
There's also an issue where if you select your batting position as the same position as a team's wicketkeeper, your player simply replaces them in the team. For Warwickshire this caused me to replace Ambrose and it made either Bell or Troughton the keeper...

It would be great if there were a system in place where teams could automatically pick their best XI ensuring a suitable number of players in each role, sometimes taking into account the pitch and having an extra spinner on for instance.

I suppose these things will be ironed out in future iterations.

completely agree, the idea of career mode is amazing, and it sounded epic when I first read about it last year buts its just a way too basic for me abd little issues like you just mention are frustrating. Career mode is very static in lineups, batting orders, whatever the players are first game thats it forever :/

The biggest loss for me so far is that theres no consequences for good or bad for, you cant get dropped or fall/go up the order. I hope things will be added to career I really do

That's why I've started playing as a batsman only. I was opening the bowling far too many times as a batting all-rounder wrist spinner. And bowling more overs than most of my team mates.

My cricket career has been put on hold until I sort out my over heating power supply. Stupid fan stopped working. :facepalm

can i play career mode with already created player? or i again create my player to start career?

Users who are viewing this thread