How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Had couple of very good games online in the last week or so. havent lost in a while. i play cricket in its best form. no negative bowling, no only offside field setting, no bowling only with medium pacers and nothing that sorta kills the game! if any1 is up for a game PM me.

I have now played a test, a t 20, and a fifty over game against AI. T20 was on normal and was a close game. I played test and 50 over game on hard and I was disappointed. Won the test by 220 runs:facepalm with India (AI) getting out for 173 and 154. I Then then played the 50 over game on hard. I scored 353 off 40 overs and I was perplexed to see the ease at which i could score playing ground shots only. 360 degree control has made the batting enjoyable but AI was not compensating enough to control the flow of runs. Their chase was also pathetic and they were all out on 150 in 21 overs. Good run rate, but how can they not know that they have to play out fifty overs to win. All the claims that heath and jamie made about how Great the AI is were blatant lies. I think only enjoyable offline mode of this game is T-20. I wonder if Shane Warne was referring to this game, when he said there should not be any more 50 over games :laugh

Right now, I don't want to play tests - I want to play an ODI series. But can we do that? I mean, didn't someone at Transmission think that maybe at least the option of ODI series would be sensible, especially given the timeframe of the game's release? Surely it couldn't have been that hard to implement...

just had one of the best matches I've had, playing ODI West Indies against Pakistan. I won the toss and put Pakistan into bat, I also decided to bowl slightly straighter than recommended and set the according field. Anyway they started well, Manzoor made 117 and Younis made 58, top scorers. They did go a bit mental against Benn, Hinds and Gayle, and Benn went for 118 in 8.3 overs lol. They ended up on 329 ao after 38 overs or something and Hinds got 6fer84, only 2 run outs.

I started my chase with Gayle and Chattergoon, I decided to go reasonably carefully, at least to start, its quite a lot of runs and the WIndies aren't that great. Also their bowlers were all fearless after slogging me. Long story short, I got taken down to 209/7 after some overs, with Chanderpaul and Jerome Taylor in. In the end I got through by two wickets, Taylor got 32 and Chanderpaul on 113*, with 3 balls to spare.

All it all, it was a good match, really enjoyed playing it.

Gotta admit i love this game and enjoyable but to easy winning by an innings every match in test matches and well there my favourite and ive decided to make my own custom team and maybe upgrade a few aussie players and add in some legends maybe but i have a few questions that i need answered before i start to customize my new engand team. So if any one has time to switch over to the editing roster thread i have few questions on the subject im on xbxo 360 by the way so if any one else has done this i woud appreciate the help.

It's 15 days since i played AC09.Whenever i start a game imagining a beautiful and realistic test match,the AI slogs the hell out of me and i quit! as a result i fired up my BLC 99.even though the graphics are an eyesore, i am enjoying every bit of that game.Test matches are like test matches.

i have begun to create my custom england team on ac09 but not sure if i shoud re make everyone i was thinking just all rounders and batsmen what you think? And has anyone dont this yet and are they having better and tougher and very enjoyable matches??

My mate bought the game on PS3 and I played it with him for the first time yesterday. Only played co-operatively on the same team in a Test match and a few T20 matches and enjoyed it a lot. Playing with my mate was good fun, and although we scored at over a run a ball in a test match it didn't matter. We were 114/5 and then had a 200+ partnership between Collingwood (me) and Flintoff (mate) who both hit centuries.

We only batted when we played, and we only played on normal. Will get the game at some point and give it the full work over batting and bowling on 'hard'. But first impressions when playing with a mate was it was a lot of fun, even if it wasn't that realistic.

I am now strictly playing T20's until the patch is released.

The game is playable, minus the silly AI run outs. I have been playing on normal level and so far have not been beaten, playing with Australia.

When I first played I was being belted all over the park. Now my only tactic is constant out swingers outside off stump, and having an offside-field - Usually restricts the AI to under 100.

I am now strictly playing T20's until the patch is released.

The game is playable, minus the silly AI run outs. I have been playing on normal level and so far have not been beaten, playing with Australia.

When I first played I was being belted all over the park. Now my only tactic is constant out swingers outside off stump, and having an offside-field - Usually restricts the AI to under 100.

It's a damn sight more playable now, mate!

Ashes Cricket post beta 1:

matchsum1sttest1stdayst.png

End of day one of the 1st Test. It had a certain ebb and flow to it, with the Aussies dominating most of the day - by lunch, they'd reached 110/2. It was only a late collapse that restricted them to that total - for a long time, they looked like they were going to get 600 or something! As you can see, it was Swann who did most of the damage, but the wickets were mainly edges behind, not the usual 'slog up in the air and get caught in the outfield dismissals' that happened too often pre beta one.

Oh, and on a side note, a whole day of absorbing Test cricket and not a sign of the AI runout bug. It's dead as a doornail. :happy

Last edited:
Right now, I don't want to play tests - I want to play an ODI series. But can we do that? I mean, didn't someone at Transmission think that maybe at least the option of ODI series would be sensible, especially given the timeframe of the game's release? Surely it couldn't have been that hard to implement...

Yes we need a odi series and that would take no time to add to the game bigger things were implanted into beta patch.

At the moment the best way to play the game is to bat for both teams, i find that its the only way you get a realistic score and match.

At the moment meaning pre-patch? I'm finding it a lot harder to take wickets now even with spinners.

Indeed. I haven't had one 'caught in the covers' chance off the AI, or by my own batting and before the Beta, that was the only way I took wickets. Now, there's a nice variety of dismissal.

Users who are viewing this thread