How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

You've got Flintoff hiding at number 11 there lol

I've got no idea why he's there, I dunno if it's the roster I got or what, I was shocked when he troddles out at Number 11 in the first innings.

Having dismissed Australia for 350 odd in the first Ashes test I faced a difficult few overs at the end of day 1. 3rd over and on comes Hauritz. Oh dear. 77 overs later, I've got a healthy lead and am facing the frightening prospect of the new ball.....

In the hands of Katich and Hauritz.

Deary me, if I have to bat again are they even going to use their pace bowlers????

Having dismissed Australia for 350 odd in the first Ashes test I faced a difficult few overs at the end of day 1. 3rd over and on comes Hauritz. Oh dear. 77 overs later, I've got a healthy lead and am facing the frightening prospect of the new ball.....

In the hands of Katich and Hauritz.

Deary me, if I have to bat again are they even going to use their pace bowlers????

Weird: AI always use their pace attack with the new ball for me. :eek:

Edit: I'm playing on Hard.

Last edited:
I've just been playing a failry good Test match vs South Africa and I'm currently at day 2.

They elected to bat but were bowled out for 110 off 30 overs with Harris top scoring with 25, Bresnan and Anderson both got 3 wickets, Broad and Collingwood got 1 each.

I then came out to bat, Strauss and Cook put on a decent 43 for the first wicket before Strauss was caught out for 21 off 55 balls.

Ian Bell came in but his partneship with Cook only lasted 14 runs as Cook was out for 24 off 55 balls

Then Jonathan Trott came in and the 2 Warwickshire batsmen put on a very good partnership of 83, Bell was batting rather slow and was eventually out for 39 off 98 balls.

Collingwood came in, him and Trott then started to annoy the South African bowlers by putting on a very good partneship, Collingwood got to his 50 off about 110 balls but he was out for 51. But just before he was out Jonathan Trott hit a 4 off Graeme Smith to bring up his Century at a strike rate off 62

Since then Priro has came in and has 2 runs off 5 balls, and Trott is on 111 from 178 balls, after 75 Overs, England are currently 296/4

What difficulty you playing on Kev?
I'm playing on Hard.

I must admit, I didn't have much luck with my seamers during the first innings. Monty bagged me a 5'fer, but still.

Finally started the second test at Lords (as Australia). I'd forgotten just how big the outfield is: 119/2 at lunch and only one boundary!
Katich and Ponting both out chasing wide ones and getting an inside edge. I lose a lot of wickets that way!
I've put Hughes spider below because I've never scored a 50 without a boundary in it before...

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-04 22-24-41-84.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-04 22-24-41-84.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-04 22-27-14-61.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-04 22-27-14-61.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
Finally started the second test at Lords (as Australia). I'd forgotten just how big the outfield is: 119/2 at lunch and only one boundary!
Katich and Ponting both out chasing wide ones and getting an inside edge. I lose a lot of wickets that way!
I've put Hughes spider below because I've never scored a 50 without a boundary in it before...

WOW good score this.. Pretty realistic score. good to see not many boundry are being hit. I am just eager to know how is AI going to play.

Excuse me for the noobness, but how do you SAVE a game? Or enter the menu during a match for that matter? I'm talking about the PC version of the game.

Excuse me for the noobness, but how do you SAVE a game? Or enter the menu during a match for that matter? I'm talking about the PC version of the game.

You can either press P to access the menu or "start" on your XBox PC controller to access the menu options or alternatively see the manual in your procession.:)

I'm finding spinners get wickets much easier than pace bowlers regardless of conditions. But I love how much more realistic the edges are, and how good line and length is rewarded.
The AI still play some questionable shots in ODI 50 overs once they have gotten themselves in, usually around 20-25 runs and they will play a lofted shot which results in their dismissal.

You can either press P to access the menu or "start" on your XBox PC controller to access the menu options or alternatively see the manual in your procession.:)

I got it. I thank thee! :)
Game looks good. What difficulty do you guys find optimal? I found Easy way too easy, but I'm struggling somewhat on Medium. Then again, I haven't played much.

In my Test match against South Africa I got my highest score ever with a batsmen, Trott got 222 :D, before being run out :doh

This is the scorecard of 2nd innings of a test match (Difficulty- Hard) between India and SL. India batted first (simmed) and scored about 491. (?) Dont remember what SL scored in their 1st innings (did'nt take screenie).. but I enforced the follow-on. The Day 3 pitch at Colombo turned out to be a real minefield for them! I did'nt use any exploits, BTW.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-06 11-34-37-39.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-06 11-34-37-39.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-06 11-34-57-56.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-06 11-34-57-56.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread