How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Try playing no hud on normal, batting is a bit more forgiving.My thoughts were the same as you when I first purchased the game but as with all things you get used to it. You really have to concentate though, after a couple of hours batting hud off personally I feel mentally drained, just as you would batting for real!!
As I prefer bowling for the moment I simulate a lot of the batting but then bat when I have low targets to aim for e.g. 100 - 200 and once I feel I have really got to grips with the batting I will start batting and bowling all innings

Well. After stuffin around for a while, getting used to the game I thought I would give a test match a go on Hard, minimal HUD 3rd person view. Here is how I am going so far.

I'm Australia, playing against the mother country England.
Australia won the toss and decided to bat first on a clear bright Sydney day.

Scorecard as follows.

S. Watson not out 80 (68)
S. Katich c Strauss b. Anderson 19 (22)
R. Ponting b Collingwood 24 (32)
M. Hussey not out 20 (19)

So Australia are 2/146 off 23 overs. Scoring rather quick at the moment I would say. Watson has played some wonderful strokes especially though the off side straight down the ground and seems to be simply in great form. Ricky Ponting was looking good for his 24 until he miss judged the line of a straight ball and played across the line resulting in Collingwood removing his off stump. Which was a shame. As I was compiling a good hard fought innings with him unlike the seemingly easy innings established with Watson. Hussey has mainly pushed the ball around lookin for quick singles to rotate the strike with Watson, happy to play second fiddle for now though in the process managing to score at better than a run a ball.

Oh and I must add Andersons ball to remove Katich was a beauty... A nice ball just outside the off stump which had Katich poking at it resulting in a nice catch behind in the slips.

So far so good. I really hope I can get Watson to his century, and then guide Hussey to a half century. I will be well placed if I can achieve that. Especially with the rate I'm scoring.

Well thats it for now wish me luck I'll keep you posted.

Jocar83 added 17 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Update: Well it didn't take long for Watson to get his first century. And boy am I delighted. The run rate is a little concerning considering I'm not using and 6 hit strokes etc. Though Watson is an aggressive player.

Australia now 2/172 off 26 overs.

S. Watson not out 101 off 85 deliveries
M. Hussey 25 off 20 deliveries.

Interesting to note that England haven't brought on any spin bowlers yet. Maybe too early, though Sydney has been known to take spin early....

Jocar83 added 12 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Just when I was wondering when I was going to face some spin Swann has come on to bowl. First time facing spin in this game so I'm going to be a little tentative to play my shots here. Time to get a feel for the spin of the pitch and play each ball on its merit. After a couple of tight good overs from England its now time to test Watson's patience and skill. I've heard spinners cause all sorts of damage in this game.

Watson 104 (91)
Hussey 25 (27)

Jocar83 added 5 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Well it was a tight over from Swann. Just the single off it from Watson from the first ball. Very next ball Swann puts down a caught and bowled chance off Hussey. Lets hope Hussey makes him pay for his mistake.

Jocar83 added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Lunch. 2/181 off 30 overs.

Watson 109 (99)
Hussey 25 (31)

The pick of the bowlers:
Collingwood 1/30 off 4
Anderson 1/60 off 11

Interesting to note that England haven't brought on any spin bowlers yet. Maybe too early, though Sydney has been known to take spin early....

I wouldn't concern yourself too much in regards to this as the AI bowling changes leave a lot to be desired in my opinion, quite often the spinner comes on after 5 or 6 overs on a seamers track!!

I am currently involved in a great game against Pakistan as England. After England posted a mighty 588 Pakistan replied with an even more impressive 621 with Yousuf top scoring with 239. Despite the huge total this has been the tightest I have bowled for such a long period and really got me playing around with field settings to stop boundaries, and keeping RPO at a respectable rate. England managed 369 in the second innings leaving pakistan with 337 to win in just over 2 and a half sessions on the fifth day.

So far so good for England, a breakthrough in just the third over with Anderson bowling a great line, a fraction outside off to Butt swinging the ball in to the left hander. After a couple of good leaves Butt had to play at one, forcing the edge into the hands of Strauss. 3 overs later Farhat played on to the stumps from a ball from Flintoff leaving the game poised at 23 for 2 and lunch a few overs away.

Swanns second over reaped rewards with Hussey being bowled first ball of his 2nd over. Well outside the line of leg stump, Hussey looked to play the ball towards mid on/mid wicket when the ball turned a mile and took the top of leg stump. Great ball. A few balls later he had Michael Clarke bowled trying to cut a ball outside the off stump to point, again surprising the batsman with a lot of spin. Australia now 4/198

Update on my test between Australia and England (ME)

Australia 1st innings: 157 (40.4 overs)

R.Ponting 42 (71)
S.Watson 27 (49)

G.Swann 7/86 (15.0)
S.Broad 2/7 (4.4)

England 1st innings: 117/2 (30.0 overs)

A.Strauss 60 (94)
A.Cook 36 (59)

N.Hauritz 2/27 (7.0)

Gonna be a end to the final session of the day with two new batsmen at the crease, Pietersen is taking a while to settle and Trott is, well, trotting along nicely (Pun intended =D)

Swanns second over reaped rewards with Hussey being bowled first ball of his 2nd over. Well outside the line of leg stump, Hussey looked to play the ball towards mid on/mid wicket when the ball turned a mile and took the top of leg stump. Great ball. A few balls later he had Michael Clarke bowled trying to cut a ball outside the off stump to point, again surprising the batsman with a lot of spin. Australia now 4/198

You clearly havn't had this game too long!! Day 1 or day 5 the ball turns with spinners on any pitch. And once you suss the pace they bowl you can knock them about quite well. Try bowling with them. Im normally knocked for 5-7 per over with set batsman. And thats getting the timing spot on. I too was mighty impressed with this game after the first few goes. But once you play it, the little details it lacks all kick in. Still its much better than AC09, but not a massive amount.

Try bowling with them. Im normally knocked for 5-7 per over with set batsman. And thats getting the timing spot on

If this is happening to you and you are being pro-active with your field settings i.e. creating your own and plugging the areas where boundaries are being scored regularly then I would suggest lessening both the strength and placement of the opposing batsmen. It has worked wonders for me so far and I've managed to get the run-rate down to between 4.2 to 4.7 an over which is fine by me for the time being...

If this is happening to you and you are being pro-active with your field settings i.e. creating your own and plugging the areas where boundaries are being scored regularly then I would suggest lessening both the strength and placement of the opposing batsmen. It has worked wonders for me so far and I've managed to get the run-rate down to between 4.2 to 4.7 an over which is fine by me for the time being...

Very true, and i have done that. but if you give them low placment then you will get alot more catch oportunities. Strength is just how easy they can hit boundries. And with the silly field placing on this game you are unable to fill all the gaps. If the AI can hit yorkers for 6 off the back foot, then what chance do you stand?! Ive been pulled for 6's when ive pitched well wide of off stump to a right hander and the batsman hasn't even moved. Trust me, the more you play the game, the more you'll notice these things.

AI shot selection leaves a lot to be desired and is frustating as hell for sure. It has to be fixed next time.
I use custom fields most of the time and just a few of the presets. If your prepared to move players individually it can work wonders and as for sixes, are you getting hit for that many? The game I am currently playing, I bowled over 130 overs and had 11 sixes hit against me which is not a large amount.
I've had the game for a while now and although I haven't played it a huge amount, I have spent enough time playing it and tweaking attributes to get it to a point so far that I havn't played a cricket sim as good or enjoyable since BL99.

I too use custom fields, and yes, they do work a treat. I always have a custom 1 (for my pace bowlers) and a custom 2 (for spinners) and then just tweak them from there. If anybody is being hit around the ground then custom fields are the way to go!

True enough, but am i right in saying silly point on this game doesnt even exist?! I know thats prob the only one that doesnt, but i went to do my own field settings and wanted silly point, when i saw it wasnt there i just left it at that!!

True enough, but am i right in saying silly point on this game doesn't even exist?! I know thats probably the only one that doesn't, but i went to do my own field settings and wanted silly point, when i saw it wasn't there i just left it at that!!

This is why the cries for a more in-depth field editor are so justifiable and so correct! Anyway, update on my test match tomorrow, just finished day 1 in a commanding position, would update you now but I turned my PS3 off and am about to go to bed.

Well I made England follow on and bowled them out again winning by an innings. Watson got 270 odd not out with Haddin making the only other notable score of 89. I didn't bowl much this time around due to time constraints. But I was hoping that would result in England scoring a decent score. Oh well.

This is turning into a very interesting match although probably only to me!!

After the 2 early wickets Yousuf and Iqbal got things under control and took Pakistan to lunch with 104 on the board. England began the 2nd session bowling Swann and Broad and after just 4 overs Yousuf(46) edged Swann to Strauss ending a very useful 96 partnership. 5 balls later Iqbal played a loose shot off Broad also going for 46. Afridi was then completely done LBW by a Swann armball and Pakistan were looking dead and buried.
Not so though!! With the real world calling I had to end my session with about 7 overs left before tea and despite a miserly spell from Flintoff backing up Swann at the other end another solid partnersip between U.Akmal and M.Ul Haq scoring 73 between them leaves the game poised at 201 for 5

Hope to update very soon

This is why the cries for a more in-depth field editor are so justifiable and so correct!.

Fair play then. Another definate addition is diving on the boundry. I liked what someone said before about having the catching circle around the fielders hand as you do with catching. I think that would work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread