How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

While you're in a helpful mood Watson33, can I ask if you have any advice on what skills have the most and least effects when they are adjusted. I have tried to find anything on the forums but not had any luck.
Thanks and apologies for the hijack.

Absolutely no problem dude, it's what the forum is for :) As for your question, I am not too sure, but from what I have learnt from personal experience, strength is the most important batting skill, and if you have that full pretty much everything that is 'GOOD' or 'PERFECT' timing will be a six on any ground. As for bowling skills, I have never had a created player as a bowler so I cannot help. As for fielding, an overall balance is the best chances, but expect the ring on catches to move faster than other players. And for wicket-keeping, speed and outfield catching and throwing distance are not important, reflex catching is. But to be quite honest, a good overall balance of all the skills is best to make a solid player, then add to your skills as you pick points up in the game :)

Hope that helped buddy, Aidan :)

Absolutely no problem dude, it's what the forum is for :) As for your question, I am not too sure, but from what I have learnt from personal experience, strength is the most important batting skill, and if you have that full pretty much everything that is 'GOOD' or 'PERFECT' timing will be a six on any ground. As for bowling skills, I have never had a created player as a bowler so I cannot help. As for fielding, an overall balance is the best chances, but expect the ring on catches to move faster than other players. And for wicket-keeping, speed and outfield catching and throwing distance are not important, reflex catching is. But to be quite honest, a good overall balance of all the skills is best to make a solid player, then add to your skills as you pick points up in the game :)

Hope that helped buddy, Aidan :)

Thanks for your reply. I just manged to get some skill points for Scotland openers and don't want to squander them. We need all the help we can get.:)

Twenty20 super 8's game, need to win this to be sure of qualification, after beating Ireland convincingly and narrowly beating South Africa (they needed 6 off the last ball and it went for 4, thus meaning I won by 1 run) I am now playing Australia. Lost the toss and they batted.

Australia: 106/6 (13.0 overs)

J.Hopes 30* (14)
D.Warner 21 (17)

G.Swann 5/18 (4.0)

Lovely spell from Swann, really did enjoy the 4 overs he bowled and credit to the seamers who all held up an end when he was bowling, it made the 8 overs very hard to score from.

Will update when I have finished the game :)

Ignore my earlier posts, I completely got the figures wrong;

Aus vs Eng (me)

Twenty20 super 8's game; Aus won the toss and elected to bat first.

Australia: 136/10 (17.1)

J.Hopes 41 (28)
D.Warner 27 (25)
Johnson 21 (16)

K.Pietersen 3/10 (2.0)
T.Bresnan 2/21 (3.0)
G.Swann 2/34 (4.0)

England: 137/3 (11.5)

E.Morgan 58* (23)
J.Trott 31 (18)
A.Avey 28 (19)

M.Johnson 2/12 (2.0)

England won the match by 7 wickets :)

Progressed through to the Semi-finals of the Twenty20 cup :) India are my next opponents.

Hadn't played this since halo reach was out, but ive finished that now, and since deadrising 2 didn't turn up today, thought ide have a bash at an ODI.
Not the highest scores for an indian wicket, but it was an exciting finish and i really enjoyed playing it again! I was SA and the indian AI players were modified. It was min hud on broadcast view on hard. Incidently, the first over i bowled was a 2 wicket maiden by dale steyn!! Then on came sashin!! And there are no prizes for pointing out i have ONE player to thank for getting that final total!! (if anyone at all is interested of course)!!

DSCF2277.jpg

Last edited:
Into the final of the World Twenty20 Cup :) Should get more gamerscore when I finish this competition then i'm putting the game away for a while whilst I focus on F1 2010 but i'm sure I will be dusting the game off in the winter :)

Into the final of the World Twenty20 Cup :) Should get more gamerscore when I finish this competition then i'm putting the game away for a while whilst I focus on F1 2010 but i'm sure I will be dusting the game off in the winter :)

I played the game pictured above as a one off. I havn't played since, and prob wont play again. Deadrising 2 is taking up my time and then there's fallout :new vegas. IC2010 just doesnt have the play life of anything else. Maybe if trickstar read and pay attension to the "improvements for the next edition" thread, then perhaps it may be playable for a while longer.

Playing an ODI as England trying to get to the 300 needed to get the 'ODI domination' achievement. Currently 13/0 off 3 overs :) Long way to go, lol :)

Edit: Finished that, thanks to a magnificant 175 off of my Created Player :)

Now onto a Test Series to try and get some achievements, as all the remaining achievements I need are all part of a Test Match :)

Last edited:
I'll make a fresh post here to keep my test match updated =D

Australia (Me) vs India (AI)

Melbourne Cricket Ground

Toss won by Australia who chose to bat first

At Lunch;

Australia 1st innings: 121/0 (30.0 overs)

S.Watson 67* (95)
S.Katich 50* (89)

I.Sharma 0/20 (8.0)
Z.Kahn 0/33 (6.0)
A.Mohan (!) 0/34 (8.0)
H.Singh 0/33 (7.0)
Y.Singh 0/1 (1.0)

(!)= don't know his real life name :)

So comfortable session for me with no wickets lost and both my openers scoring 50+ runs =D Hope to press on and maybe end the day on 400+ :)

That is a bit slow in 30 overs. I thought you will be scoring at least 10 runs an over.

Update on my Test Match;

Australia 1st innings; 246/0 (50.0 overs)

S.Watson 138* (143)
S.Katich 102* (163)

I.Sharma 0/73 (13.0)
Z.Kahn 0/57 (9.0)
A.Mohan 0/41 (13.0)
H.Singh 0/33 (7.0)
Y/Singh 0/42 (8.0)

Nothing to really update you on apart from both Watson and Katich have now passed 100. Might try and push on in these final 40 overs of the day :) India's bowlers still struggling really, best bowler is Mohan, the leg spinner, but no one else seems to really be firing.

Users who are viewing this thread