Your Cricket How did Cricket find you?...

well lets just say my first words were shahid afridi
i loved this guy before i even knew what he was famous for

and im becoming just like him too, a leg spinner and a lower or opening batsmen, and ready to explode

once i got to know about cricket more in 2006, i just loved the pakistan vs india series, that just got me into cricket, noone in my family likes cricket except for me and my dad, so my dad played a role in it too.

then this year i joined a league, and thank god i am excelling in spin, i have a speed of 50 miles per hour for spinning, and i have MASSIVE turn, i just need to learn how to get more flight. I can occasionaly also do the googly at times.

Last edited:
Mark Taylor 334* against pakistan was my first real memory watching cricket

i started playing when i was 7 (1997) and i played up until last year because of work commitments, not a week passes when i wish i could still wield the willow

Now that I think of it, I really don't know how I got interested in cricket. I think it was just something I researched and decided I wanted to try during the summer to keep busy. Then, after my first day at nets I was hooked, even though everyone thinks it's crazy that I (being an American) chose to play cricket as opposed to other "normal" sports here in the USA. :D

I can't remember how I got into Cricket. I remember watching the 2005 Ashes, but don't remember a thing about Cricket from 2004 at all. I think my dad was watching some of it, and I started watching, and now my life revolves around Cricket. Same thing happened with Rugby League, got into that in 2004, and been into that for ages as well. You could say my life revolves around only a few things. School, Cricket and league. :p

I think I got interested with it when I was flipping around and I saw that famous Australia South Africa game - that really did it for me

Users who are viewing this thread