IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

It all sounds great so far guys.
Sorry to say it again but i don't no if you
guys got the no ball problem as much as i did.
I once had 5 no balls in a row, what is stupid.
Also did anyone try some test matches.
If oneday,t20 is hard then test should be slower,
like real tests.

Sureshot, Irfan thanks for the info. Have three questions pertaining to the game and would really appreciate it if you can answer the same...

1. Line and length - Has line & length in IC10 been rectified? In AC09 good line & length was a half-volley or a full pitched delivery on or outside off. Hopefully now good length is closer to 3/4th length of the pitch, i.e. when the ball pitches on 3/4th length it should hit the top of stumps

Much better, I know they've worked on this quite a lot, it was quite good in the 09 patch.
2. Bowling marker or HUD off gameplay - Very interested to know what is the timing for playing shots with HUD off. Based on AC09's timing mechanism you need to play a shot as soon as bowler lets the ball go so the batsman will not have enough time to judge line & length and play a shot. Thus, unless the timing mechanism in IC10 is tweaked a bit (batsman to play a shot when the ball hits the pitch and not as soon as the bowler lets the ball go), it seems the only way to time the shot is to play a pre-determined shot which is not what cricket is all about. Pls let us know how much time you get before you play the shot and does it force you to play pre-determined shots a bit?

Well, it felt very instinctive, so you have time. Obviously there isn't a lot of time with the fast bowlers, spin bowlers obviously, give you plenty of time.

3. Power stick - How useful is this feature to control power of the shot? Is there any relation between power of the shot and timing? i.e. more powerful the shot, smaller the timing window and vice-versa thus giving you a better chance to score 1s and 2s by playing less powerful shots.

I forgot to mention the power stick. It's very useful and far improved from 09, you can place where you want the ball to go quite easily, of course that is also pending good timing.

When batting, before you ready yourself (there is a timer on this) you have a chance to look around the field with the batsman (POV from his head) to see where the fielders are, etc.

In tests, I didn't get a chance to play against the AI batting in a test, so can't comment. I should really have tested it, but ended up batting in the test I started on (lost the toss), which was good for me because I enjoyed the batting so much, especially with the HUD off, as you enter that mentality of "lets settle down for a big'un lads."

Is the CPU still very formulaic in where it pitches its balls? In AC09, it would be 1 over of pitched up deliveries then a whole over of short deliveries. They weren't mixed in together.

Thanks for the response Sureshot... much appreciated. Looks like a cracking game and am glad I pre-ordered it :)

Is the CPU still very formulaic in where it pitches its balls? In AC09, it would be 1 over of pitched up deliveries then a whole over of short deliveries. They weren't mixed in together.

I didn't notice whole overs of yorkers like we got in AC'09, you'd get a couple of yorkers in a row, etc, but that's to be expected.

Sureshot, i know you already mentioned about positioning the reticule and stuff.....but was it easy to move the ball last second from leg to off or short pitch to yorker?

Does batsman get enough time to adjust...say at start I see a outside offstump ball and at last second its a legstump yorker...

Sureshot, i know you already mentioned about positioning the reticule and stuff.....but was it easy to move the ball last second from leg to off or short pitch to yorker?

Does batsman get enough time to adjust...say at start I see a outside offstump ball and at last second its a legstump yorker...

I think Irfan or Sureshot did mention that it was quite difficult to do so using "Action Cam" but relatively easy in multi-player mode. So looks like in multi-player and online mode pitching a ball will be similar to AC09 but in offline gameplay things would be far more interesting. Good news for folks like me who generally play more offline.

well from what you are saying......its difficult in action cam mode which should be available online as well...........but same as before in broadcast mode which is the only option for offline 2 player.

Am I right?

Yes, you could still move the reticule around, but I don't see how you could change that. It could well be a case of playing against people you know, but people will always exploit games on-line, unfortunately.

A thing I forgot to mention. Stump physics - They are new for this year and look brilliant when you knock them out the ground.

well from what you are saying......its difficult in action cam mode which should be available online as well...........but same as before in broadcast mode which is the only option for offline 2 player.

Am I right?

I am not too sure about Action Cam being available online. I think online would be pretty much similar to AC09 with broadcast cam the only option. To me offline multi-player mode should be pretty close to online gameplay.

cricket_online added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

A thing I forgot to mention. Stump physics - They are new for this year and look brilliant when you knock them out the ground.

Great! That means you can finally get bowleds and LBWs against AI without exploiting the off-spinner bug :)

online shud have action cam n other features in fact it is easy when batting have batsman cam and on the other side hv bowling cam simple

Wee to ensure consistent online gameplay generally only one set of gameplay modes is available. That is why I don't expect Action Cam and HUD Off features to be available online. The problem is how do you ensure fair play, consistency and consensus if multiple modes & options are available?

Let's say player A opts for Action Cam and HUD Off whereas player B goes with broadcast cam with HUD On. This is clearly a mismatch and don't think game developers would want to open pandora's box related to these kind of issues. Maybe these options/modes will be available if you play unranked matches against friends (I mean someone in IC2010 friend list) but not for ranked matches online.

Generally game developer only provide bare minimum game modes/options for online gameplay to minimize issues & bugs and that's the reason you can't play with your customized squad online as well. Hey this is my gut-feel and I could very well be wrong.

i think u r getting it all wrong
what if A wants to play test and B sets up T20

bro mismatch only happens when both give commands
in this case u can just set up a game with desired options and it is upto the other player if he wants to join that game or not

as simple as that

i think u r getting it all wrong
what if A wants to play test and B sets up T20

bro mismatch only happens when both give commands
in this case u can just set up a game with desired options and it is upto the other player if he wants to join that game or not

as simple as that

But these ate basic game types (T20, test or odis) and fundamental to online gameplay and it is something you select BEFORE the game starts. You wouldn't have something like "ODI with Action Cam and HUD off" or "T20 with Broadcast Cam and HUD On" - there are way too many permutations and combinations possible.

Also, how do you tackle issues such as online stats? Right now there are three main categories - Tests, Odis and T20s. So should we have separate sub-categories as well with various permutations & combinations such as "T20 Action Cam with HUD On", "T20 Broadcast Cam with HUD Off" and so on so forth. To provide consistency, stats for different options will need to be tracked separately as it will be more difficult to score with Action Cam and HUD off as compared to Broadcast Cam and HUD on.

But as I said these are the issues I see but maybe Codies have accounted for these issues and have online game modes & gameplay as you suggested. Can't wait to get my hands on the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread