ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Michael Holding needs to get off his high horse and join Manjerekar among the clownmmentators of the tournament!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The umpires have been really poor this match, its poor decision after poor.
Chris Gayle wasn't even out and I lost count the amount of times West Indies have to review the decision.

B

Bigby Wolf

Michael Holding needs to get off his high horse and join Manjerekar among the clownmmentators of the tournament!
Can you please elaborate on exactly what holding is upto? As I am just checking the scores only.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Can you please elaborate on exactly what holding is upto? As I am just checking the scores only.

He just called umpires weak and umpiring in today's match atrocious.

What a brainfade from Russel. Absolutely worthless inning if you can't play according to the situation. He knows he has enough power to smack any bowler in the world and he still goes big against their best bowler even after already getting 6 runs in the over. What a horrible match awareness by Russel, just poor cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Braithwaite is still there and Holder is holding up well so far (no pun intended). WI could run this close if these two can stay in.

But I'd love to watch the highlights of Australia's innings. From 79-5 to 288 was a brilliant recovery.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
If they keep their wickets, There is nothing they cant do, After all its the Windies we're talking about. Feel sad for Gayle.

B

Bigby Wolf

If senses prevail in the WI batters then they should win this one quite comfortably now.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Think Shai Hope played rather too slowly and this could cost Windies the match.
No way, Hope played a Smith type innings from the first one. RR wasn't that high when he got out, I would fault Hetmyer for running himself out and Russell for throwing his wicket away at a crucial time.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Beautiful batting from Smith and Coulter Nile aside, Carey isn't getting enough credit. Stable innings and great rotation of strike. Brilliant comeback though. One of my favorite matches so far this CWC. Both teams are definitely 2 of my picks for final 4

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He just called umpires weak and umpiring in today's match atrocious.

Sounds likes a fair assessment .. umpiring has been quite poor throughout, especially in the second innings[DOUBLEPOST=1559841990][/DOUBLEPOST]Andre Russell's wicket was the turning point .. the way he threw it away was just not done ~~

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Think Shai Hope played rather too slowly and this could cost Windies the match.
I thought he played relatively well, he held the innings together to allow a platform to follow for the big hitters down the order. The Hetmyer run out shifted the momentum of the match I feel, and agree with Aalay on Russell showing very poor match awareness. Starc needed to handled with care and that is shown by his demolition of the Windies hopes towards the end of the match. Trying to take on Starc was a huge risk and WI felt the brunt of trying to do that. Coulter Nile and Stoinis would be easier to pick off if they had taken singles off of Starc's overs. But he did bowl quite well too, with that excellent short ball to Holder ended a possibility of a West Indies victory.

There is definitely hope in WI's chances of making the top 4. They let the game get away from them from 79-5, but on the whole they performed really well throughout the match. Australia on the other hand is looking very dangerous and I will not be surprised if they retain the Cup. Some sort of energy goes through Australian sides when it's time for WC. They should fancy themselves as favorites alongside England and to an extent India.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

He was after umpire error from the outset and if you were to gather his tone, it almost seemed like he was blaming WI situation on it. I'll elaborate-

1) Gayle given out caught behind- The ball nicked the off stump (no idea how these bails don't fall off) and "LIVE" it seemed to everyone that it was a goner. The umpires have an ear piece and Gaffney must have heard it. I'm pretty certain, any umpire in the world would have given it.

2) Gayle given out lbw in the same over- Hit on the full Yorker. Poor decision. Thanks to the review, it was overturned.

3) Gayle given out lbw by the same umpire an over later- Umpire's call on impact and wickets. "LIVE" it looks out to me. Regardless, it was "OUT" on field.

By this time, Holding had blown his lid off. The Holder LBW accentuated his feelings and I don't think the Holder review was Mike Gaffney.

Please note, I am not defending the no ball. That's straight up nonsense. I get that. I am just calling out Holding, just like Manjerekar and Raja.

And for everyone that's calling out the umpires, it's fair that they are criticised but are they ever praised? The players are too powerful and the on field umpires are literally there to just signal 4/6 (after the 3rd umpire confirms it). Everything else the 3rd umpire does officially. Okay, may be wides. We need to make the umpire powerful and more importantly, respected again!!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Some very bizarre captaincy is going on this World Cup. Really, really weird stuff!

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Lol ! Seems that I would have to watch that over , as with the posts above .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Users who are viewing this thread