ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

I was actually quite surprised by the way the Bangladesh team were celebrating when they got their wickets, did they not realise they were playing Afghanistan? I don't know why they have so much confidence when they are a very average team. Are they treated like superstars as the Indian team is? Because I suppose that would explain some of it.

After looking the way pitches are behaving, the ball is turning miles, I m predicting Pak/SL/Ind final. Even Bangladesh will pose challenge to the likes of WI/Aus. Be scared non SC teams, be very scared :p

There was never a chance of Bangladesh being knocked out at this stage, on any wicket that offers turn. They might have struggled a little if Ireland were in their group, but they really are a lot better than all the associates, no matter how much people want to knock them down. I mean T20 is as close to a lottery as Cricket gets and Bangladesh might struggle on a wet and windy day in England or something, but at home? Not a chance. They could do well in the tournament if their batting clicks. Their spin bowlers and part timers are pretty decent.

was actually quite surprised by the way the Bangladesh team were celebrating when they got their wickets, did they not realise they were playing Afghanistan?
They are a weak team. A ranking of 10 in Tests, 10 in T20 and 9 in ODI proves that they are still a growing team in the cricket world.
So they would take any win for celebration.

I don't know why they have so much confidence when they are a very average team. Are they treated like superstars as the Indian team is? Because I suppose that would explain some of it.
Superstars ? ..... may be yes.
It's because cricket is most popular sport in the Asian countries.

After looking the way pitches are behaving, the ball is turning miles, I m predicting Pak/SL/Ind final.
That's true..
But my question is that why an ICC World tournament is hosted only on 2 grounds of Bangladesh ?

----------

Finally... @MattW and other Administrators,
Why has this forum been moved from International Tour and Events ?

There was never a chance of Bangladesh being knocked out at this stage, on any wicket that offers turn. They might have struggled a little if Ireland were in their group, but they really are a lot better than all the associates, no matter how much people want to knock them down. I mean T20 is as close to a lottery as Cricket gets and Bangladesh might struggle on a wet and windy day in England or something, but at home? Not a chance. They could do well in the tournament if their batting clicks. Their spin bowlers and part timers are pretty decent.

Yes, the pitch spun a mile even though it was the first. But the other pitch didn't spin that much. I don't know which ground India will play but knowing out luck we will end up playing on a pitch which doesn't spin. :facepalm
Anyways, if India get that turning track we have a good chance.
My 2c.

After looking the way pitches are behaving, the ball is turning miles, I m predicting Pak/SL/Ind final. Even Bangladesh will pose challenge to the likes of WI/Aus. Be scared non SC teams, be very scared :p

Yeah I'm pretty much counting us out already, not that I really care too much about this tournament anyway the 50 over world cup is what really matters.

A decent competitive score for Zimbabwe. Brendan Taylor with a very good innings, in fact good contributions from everyone.

IMO, whoever plays the best cricket from group 2 will be the winner. I don't see group 1 causing much trouble unless Sri Lanka dominates every match that they play.

----------

Well Sri Lanka definitely has chance because there are no sub-continent teams in their group and they have England in their group.

Wow what a finish, poor bowling from Zimbabwe for about 3 thirds of the innings but the last 2 overs were brilliant, Ireland only just getting over the line.

So qualification from this group is now Ireland's to lose.

Is the India-SL match being telecast ? If someone is watching, can they share why Dilshan has scored only 6 runs from 16 balls ?

Surely our bowling cant be that amazing !

____

And subcontinent teams might have a slight advantage on these slow, turning tracks. But also add WI to the mix. They have the firepower and the spinners as well !

Last edited:
Is the India-SL match being telecast ? If someone is watching, can they share why Dilshan has scored only 6 runs from 16 balls ?

Whether we are bowling well or he's out of form is still a question. :p

Tbf Aaron has bowled with good control today! Only Bhuvi looked wayward in his second over. Match is being telecasted on SS3 though.

That stumping by MSD just reminded me of how DK fluffed a similar chance of Sanga and cost us the match in Asia Cup !!

God bless MSD

That stumping by MSD just reminded me of how DK fluffed a similar chance of Sanga and cost us the match in Asia Cup !!

God bless MSD
Lightening stumping......
Love you MSD

Anyway, good bowling by India. Great to see Ashwin back in form

Users who are viewing this thread