ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

I don't think it's a massive surprise that Ireland managed to beat Zimbabwe. If you were picking the best 3 or 4 batsmen from both sides combined, only Taylor would probably make it from Zimbabwe and in T20, those couple of decent quality players are all that you need to fire on the day to win the game.

On the Netherlands, is ten doeschate injured?

I don't think it's a massive surprise that Ireland managed to beat Zimbabwe. If you were picking the best 3 or 4 batsmen from both sides combined, only Taylor would probably make it from Zimbabwe and in T20, those couple of decent quality players are all that you need to fire on the day to win the game.

On the Netherlands, is ten doeschate injured?

RTD doesn't play for them anymore :cheers

Seems strange, you'd think if he wanted to show how good a T20 player he is in order to earn more cash, the World T20 would be the best place to show it.

Seems strange, you'd think if he wanted to show how good a T20 player he is in order to earn more cash, the World T20 would be the best place to show it.

I think he is getting enough cash and people have already seen how good he is. He is already retained by KKR for IPL and he is also playing for Otago Volts, Essex, and in BPL. The only tournaments that he is missing is Big bash and CPL.

----------

I'm the best spinner in the world: Chris Gayle - The Times of India

He might get to play more than about 3 games per season in the IPL if he turned up for this and whacked some good bowlers about for the Netherlands.....

Hah I would still doubt if he gets to play more than 3 games even after that.

AFG chased that very well. Was quite impressive how they kept calm amidst the creeping RRR

--

BD off to a fine start. Good to see Mortaza bowling well and maintaining his tight lines. With the amount of dew already on the field, looks like it will be an easy chase for BD. Unless Nepal whip up a massive total (unlikely)

Is there a list of commentators anywhere? I've been watching on sky and there is one voice that I definitely recognise but I can't think of his name.

That's about as easy as it gets. BD really dominated this game. The host nation has qualified for the tournament (still sounds ridiculous!)

Nepal were probably too star-struck at the chance of playing against a Test Team for the first time. AFG v/s Nepal will be interesting. Two upcoming, passionate teams. Love the spirit for the Nepali supporters

What is everyones thoughts on the format? Its great the associates are getting a chance on the big stage, but from the looks of things so far people are more interested in the warm up games than the actual games. I think eight teams is far too many for the qualifiers, four would have been fine so the main draw could start earlier.

What is everyones thoughts on the format? Its great the associates are getting a chance on the big stage, but from the looks of things so far people are more interested in the warm up games than the actual games. I think eight teams is far too many for the qualifiers, four would have been fine so the main draw could start earlier.

Ye i'm not sure why the have qualifiers as part of the competition. Find it very weird.

I thought with 16 teams, you would just have simple 4 groups of 4, top 2 qualify for quarters, semi's & finals.

I'm rather interested in the qualifiers because I think its good to see these sort of nations get more presence on the international scene and one of the guys in the HK team went to school with me :p

Qualifiers should be the part of main tournament because this will help small teams to get more importance. I also praise ICC for thier decision of making Bangladesh host as this will help in improvement of cricket in that country.

Good to know that Afridi will be having some match practice before the main event.He can surely be the X factor for us in the tournament given the form he's in.Hopefully he does something with the bowl as well because he's not in very good bowling form lately

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread