If Rashid Latif can be banned why not Michael Clarke?

no. But the pact states that if the fielder is 100% sure then take his word.

If any right minded Match Refree sees any fielder cheating he can suspend him. That what happened with Rashid and Clarke appealed for catch which was a close call so no reason to ban him.

Clarke caught it. You can see from the replays that his fingers were underneath the ball and their was absolutely no hestiation in celebrating once he caught the ball so that rules out any intentional cheating which you Indians are accusing him of. This is just an overeggeration from Indian supporters.

Do you call this out :(
sillyclarkena0.png

The replays are incoclusive - it does not show that he caught it cleanly nor does it clearly show if the ball hit the ground. It was too hard to judge and if the umpire had referred it to the 3rd umpire he would've no doubt had to give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman. But as the captains made that agreement, since Clarke thought he caught it the rest is history and any complaints can only be laughed at as being sour grapes. It should of been referred to the 3rd umpire certainly, but i'm sure the umpires were aware of the captain's arrangements and these arrangements were made to ensure the right decision was made in these 50/50 situations - so this has to be assumed to be a clean catch and the correct decison. Ban Clarke? That's about as laughable as sacking Ponting.

Clarke caught it. You can see from the replays that his fingers were underneath the ball and their was absolutely no hestiation in celebrating once he caught the ball so that rules out any intentional cheating which you Indians are accusing him of. This is just an overeggeration from Indian supporters.

A picture surfaced on the forums a week ago which clearly showed the ball on the ground with Clarke's hand above, not below the ball. That being said, he cannot be accused of cheating as it was Ponting who claimed the catch and there is a possibility that Clarke was not aware of the ruling that if the ball touches the ground, without your consent, it is not out.

everyone knows that thats not out
but the main reson was that the umpire asked ponting that was veryyy wrong if the umpire would hav asked for the third umpire and if the third umpire says that ist out then it would be not so controversies. but still australians think that they r the best but they r wrong no one could be perfect

but the main reson was that the umpire asked ponting that was veryyy wrong if the umpire would hav asked for the third umpire and if the third umpire says that ist out then it would be not so controversies. but still australians think that they r the best but they r wrong no one could be perfect

But it is not the umpire's fault. He was going by the pre series agreement to go with the fielder's word. Kumble and Ponting agreed on this before the series. Ponting had been pushing many captains to do this but Kumble was the first to accept.

Its clear from these type of responses that some of the Australians don't get it, especially when one of their own cricket writers, neutral cricket writers, and even Australian sporting greats have problems with the way the Australians are playing their cricket out there. These fans also have some sort of arrogance complex that prevents them from seeing any logic whatsoever, which leads them to conclude that the reason for all displacement of matter is the greatness of the Australian team. When these fans are asked for proof, they lie low until they have an opportunity to repeat their querulous arguments when their instigating Indian counterpart inevitably posts an angry message. Furthermore, you are not a moderator, so don't try to stamp your inexistent authority.

Come one mate, 99% of articles over here have been in support of the Aussies - a 1980s sailor, an unrespected journalist and some other wally doesn't make a majority. Every cricketer is backing the aussies - every cricketer outside of india. The amount of BS that the indian media is spinning is hilarious, it's quite sad that you are all suckers for it.

There was a clear picture (can't find it at the moment, just take my word for it, for now) which showed the ball on the ground with no part of his hand underneath the ball.

Just take my word for it - good choice of words.

I am going to seem extremely biased now but I don't think that Dhoni would have known if he had grounded his catch against Kevin Pietersen.

That's an interesting position to take :D Considering the vision of that is twice as clear as that of Clarke's and it shows it hitting the deck. But then it's a question of integrity right? Obviously every non indian can't be trusted. I mean, of course the little master was picking mud out of the seam :rolleyes:

It's a shame it's all Kumbles fault that this catch wasn't referred to the third umpire eh? Imagine if a close catch had been claimed by an indian and we had complained about it...we would be called poor sports for not going along with the agreement.

It's impossible for the aussies to win any of these arguements because the indians are very short sighted - it's a little frustrating because it's like a 2 year old who just won't accept that 1 + 1 = 2...but it is quite amusing also. The most amusing thing is that with a bit of money india will probably be able to make 1 +1 = 3.

u have to ask urself y do people attck ozzies, i dont know y?

Tall poppy syndrome mate.

come on mate - it seems a symptom of the indian arguement that they fail to read anything outside of their own propaganda. Kumble said it was ok for Australian fielders, including ponting, to claim catches. So if anything blame el mighty Kumble. Australians don't think they are the best, we know we are the best.

By the way manee, i'm intruiged to see this photo - get digging.

Last edited:
Just take my word for it - good choice of words.

Are you doubting me? If you are, I will search for it but other members can vouch that I posted the picture.

That's an interesting position to take :D Considering the vision of that is twice as clear as that of Clarke's and it shows it hitting the deck. But then it's a question of integrity right? Obviously every non indian can't be trusted. I mean, of course the little master was picking mud out of the seam

Seriously, get a life! I already said that it would sound biased, but having kept myself for a short period of time, I just wanted to comment on that particular incident. I also said in that post that Indians have claimed dropped catches before but I just wanted to comment on that incident.

It's a shame it's all Kumbles fault that this catch wasn't referred to the third umpire eh? Imagine if a close catch had been claimed by an indian and we had complained about it...we would be called poor sports for not going along with the agreement.

You really are naive. It is not that there was an agreement. It is that Ponting pushed so hard for every country to get the agreement and as soon as he got it, he was the one to give the umpire a signal to say that a catch which has been proved as hitting the ground was caught.

By the way manee, i'm intruiged to see this photo - get digging.

I cannot find it. However, I will take a picture from a youtube video (something you should not link to, here at planetcricket).

This seems pretty clear.

Last edited:
It's still nothing like Latif's incident though, Latif actually dropped the ball, stopped, looked down picked the ball up and claimed the catch. There is no way that Clarke knew the ball had touched the ground, i've just watched the clip 4-5 times and its a smooth movement as he rolls, theres no looking round to make sure the ball hasnt touched the ground, it is NOTHING like Latif's incident.

Stop crying Indian people. The game finished days ago. When will you say, ok we need to move on.

2nd Test match - biggest dummy spit in cricket history

Are you doubting me? If you are, I will search for it but other members can vouch that I posted the picture.

Seriously, get a life! I already said that it would sound biased, but having kept myself for a short period of time, I just wanted to comment on that particular incident. I also said in that post that Indians have claimed dropped catches before but I just wanted to comment on that incident.

You really are naive. It is not that there was an agreement. It is that Ponting pushed so hard for every country to get the agreement and as soon as he got it, he was the one to give the umpire a signal to say that a catch which has been proved as hitting the ground was caught.

I cannot find it. However, I will take a picture from a youtube video (something you should not link to, here at planetcricket).

This seems pretty clear.

Jeepers pal you are a vitim of the indian propaganda!!! You guys beleive there is some major conspiracy here dont you - ponting blackmailing all captains to do what he wants so that he can back stab them later - you are quite the dumb ass if you believe this sort of garbage.

And you say it has been proved to hit the ground? Have you read through this thread?? It so has not been proved, in fact if anything he caught it. You don't have the picture to back up your claims - and a shot from well above looking down can hardly be close to conclusive - I don't know what it is but you fail to provide any logic to your arguements.

By the way Manee, I like how you close every thread that is accusing of indians because "it's heading no where" then spin all your propaganda in the threads that are accusing the aussies. I feel sorry for you having to be force fed all the BS propoganda, but I can't feel sorry for you for believing it. That's just the sign of stupidness.

Jeepers pal you are a vitim of the indian propaganda!!! You guys beleive there is some major conspiracy here dont you - ponting blackmailing all captains to do what he wants so that he can back stab them later - you are quite the dumb ass if you believe this sort of garbage.

And you say it has been proved to hit the ground? Have you read through this thread?? It so has not been proved, in fact if anything he caught it. You don't have the picture to back up your claims - and a shot from well above looking down can hardly be close to conclusive - I don't know what it is but you fail to provide any logic to your arguements.

By the way Manee, I like how you close every thread that is accusing of indians because "it's heading no where" then spin all your propaganda in the threads that are accusing the aussies. I feel sorry for you having to be force fed all the BS propoganda, but I can't feel sorry for you for believing it. That's just the sign of stupidness.
You are a legend, telling it like it is is well done.

I think the same - but can't be bothered arguing about it anymore.

Well i dont wanna get into any fight over a issue which has already been burried and i hope everyone else moves on and stop arguing over what has happened at second test match.
Just for a case as per cricket rules the fielder needs to be in complete contraol of the catch inorder to claim the catch. If you have a look at that picture you will find that the ball touched the ground as he rolled over in act of completeing catch. The cath was not completed hene it was not a legal catch.
But as I said what is point discussing something that has happened and will not change no matter how much we debate. There is no point of banning Clarke for this as nothing intentional there.

Lets hope another cracker at Perth:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

I barely read the Indian media. Ponting was not blackmailing all captains, I just find it a bit suspicious that this has happened after Ponting tried so hard to push the honesty system.

What are you talling about? The ball is on the ground clearly from that shot.

I don't read all this 'propaganda', so that kind of makes your arguement a bit pointless. I get my information from cricinfo and the BBC and only used elsewhere sources to help me gauge what happened.

I close the threads under the advise of other staff members who are keeping a close eye on all the issues, but I guess you are going to twist that somehow.

It's still nothing like Latif's incident though, Latif actually dropped the ball, stopped, looked down picked the ball up and claimed the catch. There is no way that Clarke knew the ball had touched the ground, i've just watched the clip 4-5 times and its a smooth movement as he rolls, theres no looking round to make sure the ball hasnt touched the ground, it is NOTHING like Latif's incident.

I myself have pointed that it is crazy to compare the two incidents.

Stop crying Indian people. The game finished days ago. When will you say, ok we need to move on.

2nd Test match - biggest dummy spit in cricket history

I am not crying, I am just replying to earlier posts from Australians who are intent on proving that they are totally in the right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread