IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

I think Big Ant ppl will really be happy with ppl picking out on really small things. It shows they got the big picture right and these small things can be worked out in the future if the need be
I really enjoyed the video, well done to both the development team and the guys who created the teams.

Looks very, very good. The guys playing it obviously realised that their lack of skill and newness to the game was why some things didn't pan out as authentically as they'd have achieved with more time and play. They seemed very pleased with the game and there's not much reason not to be fairly excited about getting to play this, so well done Big Ant. :clap

Should be a fun weekend come the end of March if all goes according to plan. :yes

The little things that you see happen in this video such as when the ball hit the batsman on the body and rebounded onto the stumps really show how much time and effort has been put into this game. The more detail that is put into a game the longer you can keep playing it without becoming bored.

I really looking forward to playing this game and I am sure a lot of people are going to have loads of fun playing Don Bradman Cricket 14 as well.

Well done to Ross for all the hard work his team has done on this game!

Amazing stuff, not perfect as others have said but each day is going to be a killer before release:(. PS Ross can you give us a little information on the patch if you can, like will we see a difference from the IGN preview so on.

WHY WHY? why did i watch that video? im gonna be so sad when i wake up tomorrow and realize that there are still at least 15 days until it releases :(:noway

(or maybe i can borrow the ign guys copy?)

WHY WHY? why did i watch that video? im gonna be so sad when i wake up tomorrow and realize that there are still at least 15 days until it releases :(:noway

(or maybe i can borrow the ign guys copy?)

Lol...watching it makes it even more tougher to wait..doesnt it :D! I am just glad they released it now when we would, most likely, be able to play the game within 3 weeks. Imagine the torture had IGN released this video a month (or 2) back :p

We must also remember that the game will look clunky when played by two first-timers, e.g. the Watson runout and late timing with batting.

The game looks very good:) thanks to ross and big ant team for their hard work:) cant wait fr grabbing a copy:)

Looks really good as usual. Good to see a little more into bowling control in this one but love to see more about spin and pace and actually ball swinging. I think in coming days we may see some previews played by better players then these two and with actual sounds and commentary.

I disagree with they say it is not up to level of (fifa and nba). For cricket game it is really really huge jump in quality and game-play and if it turns out to be successful I am sure next version would be super amazing. I for example was never sure of playing off-spinner over cover (kind of lofted drive) as I fail to get any feel of it, but in nets I play that shot all the time still get edges but thats reality.

Kudos to bigant team for such hard work and coming up with this brilliant game.

One thing that I've noticed hasn't been discussed much but probably should be are the commentators, now I know we haven't really heard much of them but I only (just) recognised David Basheer. He's a soccer commentator so I'm not sure how he got the gig and I can't even remember the other bloke. Now I've got no problem with Ross not spending big money on commentary if he's concentrating on gameplay but maybe as we get some sequels we could get some more renowned commentators. I personally would like Bumble, Warney and Mark Nicholas but I'd much rather Ross spending his dollars on the gameplay and his cents on padding (commentary, match presentation etc)

after watching for a few minutes i put it off. i would have died of waiting

One thing that I've noticed hasn't been discussed much but probably should be are the commentators, now I know we haven't really heard much of them but I only (just) recognised David Basheer. He's a soccer commentator so I'm not sure how he got the gig and I can't even remember the other bloke. Now I've got no problem with Ross not spending big money on commentary if he's concentrating on gameplay but maybe as we get some sequels we could get some more renowned commentators. I personally would like Bumble, Warney and Mark Nicholas but I'd much rather Ross spending his dollars on the gameplay and his cents on padding (commentary, match presentation etc)
Here:
Commentary needs improving for sure, happy other than that.
The scripted commentary is something we need to improve on.
The commentary is undoubtedly the weakest part of the game, not because of the commentators as they are both professionals, but because there are just two of them - always have to leave something for the sequel
I think commentary isn't very important, as I get bored of it quickly, no matter how good or lengthy it is. Others will definitely think differently though, just like with the number of grounds.

Gameplay first, scenery second.

Last edited:
@ChinamanSpin It's just I've noticed people have hardly seemed to notice the commentary. I think that once the game is out there will be some complaining but right now I haven't heard a whimper about it, though I don't read the 3,000 posts a night in the General and QA threads. It seems all the trolls are too focussed on the release date.

^China human flesh search engine at work:p

ps; take the lieral meaning not the actual phenomenon in china

@mbgrice its actually discussed a lot before, and commentary however good it is will get stale after sometime, i personally prefer ambiance and the game sounds more than commentary. and also since most of us would be playing in behind batsman view it wont be affecting that much i guess as you probably feel like playing and know what you are doing rather than the usual broadcast cam type games where commentary suits it better.

there was a fair bit of talk about commentary, and in general people were a bit disappointed that there were only 2, and they weren't cricket guys... but in a stunning display of maturity that in no way set a precedent at all, we had to agree that the money was better spent elsewhere... i think that's right, but i'd certainly hope it could be improved in future iterations.

Users who are viewing this thread