IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

what is it at around 8.4 over around 11.35 into the video , is it some sort of hud stuff or am i seeing 2 balls, cant make out what it is
dbctrails.jpg

Got really too much time guys :rolleyes

I think there was boy playing in the stands so he throw his ball in the ground as fun and none of the ball boys help him give it back.

P.S. I know you are not criticizing I am just having fun

It's on easy difficulty. won't be there for higher difficulties :) I guess its to help when fielding high balls to catch it where to stand under the ball :)

You sound rather hesitant. Don't agree with my stance or is what I said too good to believe? :p

I think he means that we actually probably all take it for granted that we will not pirate this game> Someone coming here saying that he wants to support the game by not pirating it is like saying "hey you know what, that's your house and I have got matches but I wont burn it down...aren't I a nice guy."

It's on easy difficulty. won't be there for higher difficulties :) I guess its to help when fielding high balls to catch it where to stand under the ball :)

thanks for clearing it, didnt know that it was part of Hud, on that delivery alone it looked odd hence i was bothered, now noticed its there for all lofted shots to assist fielders.

what is it at around 8.4 over around 11.35 into the video , is it some sort of hud stuff or am i seeing 2 balls, cant make out what it is
dbctrails.jpg

When the ball is in the air, it shows a replica of it on the ground as that will help you in knowing where the ball is when fielding manually. Along with this there is a circle which shows where the ball will land.

You might be able to switch it off, but I am not sure if you would want to do that when fielding manually as without that you would have no idea of where exactly the ball is whenever it is hit in the air.

The keeper and slips look like they are standing way too close to the stumps for international fast bowlers.

Eg, during the first over the batsman plays a shot that lands near his feet and the keeper only takes a few steps in to get the ball.

My guess is the type of pitch with the differing bounce on different tracks then maybe further back?

I loved that AC 13 catch in the video....;):lol

This video also demonstrated the real-time changes in batting animation. Two similar shots were attempted towards the off side where the batsman tried to guide it down to thirdman, first one connected and went for four with the batsman playing it on the up....the second one hit the pads and was adjudged lbw after the review. Both these shots were the same, but based on the where the ball was pitching, the animation played out differently. Great stuff!!

My fav moment though was the leg glance played on the first delivery in the video. It looked sooooooooo real, specially the way the ball flew towards the fielder.

Users who are viewing this thread