Story India and Pakistan versus The World (World Unity Series)

Indo-Pak XI v World XI, World Unity Series. 1st ODI, Telstra Dome (Melbourne)

056447.jpg

Commentators for the match : Ravi Shastri and Tony Greig.
10_qns_ravi_shastri_20030908.jpg

tony1.jpg

RS: Welcome to Telstra Dome melbourne for the 1st ODI match of this historic World Unity Series between Indo-Pak XI and World XI.
As you all know this is an indoor stadium where first ODI was played between Australia and South Africa in 2000. Overall teams batting first have enjoyed a greater success rate winning 3 of 6 ODIs (58.3%), and one ended in a tie.
Tony Greig is out in the middle and Tony, surely this is one of the biggest cricket events in recent years.

TG: Absolutely Ravi, it's a great occasion and it's going to be wonderful to see such array of superstars going head to head.
The pitch for this important match looks a typical Melbourne wicket, green with some bounce and fast bowlers from both teams should enjoy the conditions here.
With me are the two captains, Ricky you will toss, Sachin to call.

ST: Tails!

TG: ...and it is Tails! Sachin what is your decision.

_40070846_tendulkar270.jpg

ST: We will bat first Tony. The pitch looks like it will assist seamers and we would like to get enough runs on the board first.

TG: This series is really an historic event, how are you feeling leading the Indo-Pak XI.

ST: It's a great honor to lead such talented players. We have received plenty of suppoert from people in both countries and we will give our best to give them a chance to celebrate this event.

TG: Good luck Sachin. Ricky, disappointed on losing the Toss?

_40062376_ponting270.jpg

RP: Not really Tony, we would have bowled first probably and as Sachin said the pitch will support seamers.

TG: Your thoughts on this unique series.

RP: We are thrilled to be here. All of us have enjoyed playing India and Pakistan over the years and it'll be great to face the talent together as team.

TG: Good luck Ricky, and it's back to you Ravi.

RS:
Thanks Tony, so Indo-Pak XI have won the toss and decided to bat first. We will be back shortly with live action.

Teams Lineups

Indo-Pak XI

V.Sehwag
S.Afridi
S.Tendulkar (c)
Y.Youhana
Inzamam Ul Haq
R.Dravid
M.Dhoni+
A.Razzaq
Z.Khan
Naved Ul Hasan
S.Akhtar

World XI

A.Gilchrist+
H.Gibbs
R.Ponting (c)
J.Kallis
B.Lara
K.Pietersen
A.Flintoff
A.Blignaut
D.Vettori
B.Lee
C.Vaas

Interesting no front line spiinner in Indo-Pak XI attack. At least Kumble or Harbhajan might have done the trick.
Shoaib Malik might have been handy too in terms of bat and bowl.

sorry for being off topic, but i need help with something. is there any way i can get the line up bug fix and the runout fix in the game or do i have to live with one of the problems

sunsamrat1980 said:
Interesting no front line spiinner in Indo-Pak XI attack. At least Kumble or Harbhajan might have done the trick.
Shoaib Malik might have been handy too in terms of bat and bowl.

I think Sachin went with 4 seamer attack keeping in mind the wicket..also he has Afridi, Sehwag and himself to call upon if needed :)

Guys, pl. vote in the latest poll..(and test your betting skills :P ) There will be different polls like Team Total, Head to Head etc coming up with a chance to win reps.

mjohnson said:
sorry for being off topic, but i need help with something. is there any way i can get the line up bug fix and the runout fix in the game or do i have to live with one of the problems

check out the sam's exe thread..

superb thread

There was a problem with the poll which is now fiexd..pl. vote again.

Just caught up with this thread S, great stuff. Should be a close series :cool: .

Nice work! =D Can't wait till the start.
Btw Tendulkar + Afridi = 20 overs of spinners! =)
Btw, I got a question, what if Afridi hit's the roof.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread