India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day Steve Bucknor retires would be the best thing to happen to cricket.

He's old, he's deaf, he's blind. GTFO.

// If the batting fails once again, my interest in the series might be lost forever. So you might not see me making a nuisance of myself here... :p

You know what Harish, I have taken the same pledge here. If the Indian batting fails again in this test, then I am giving up on this series to do something else better. It will then just not be worth it (FOR ME).

yeah Yuvraj Singh is a joke. From what i have seen of him this series is poor poor poor and poor. Bad batting poor fielding, and i heard that he is consistently going to night clubs. Maybe alcohol and a mix of bad performances with the bat has damaged his confidence to bat and field. He has got to get things right.

Not only alcohol, he is rumored to be good with the 'girls'

Last edited:
Anyways, the day ended up so much in Australia's favor due to external influence (umpires) when it should have ended up India's way. I dont mind if people call me anything, but the umpires have controlled this game so far. How can both umpires make mistakes together and that too at crucial circumstances? I am also referring to the Ponting wicket where he was ruled out when he nicked it into his pads. When you have a series of high billing, you expect good decisions. Add to this the jeering of the crowds when India does badly and the brickbats they receive when the opposition does well, you know how much pressure it becomes when they did not deserve it at all.

I hope Day 2 goes off better on the umpiring front, but knowing Steve Bucknor, there is almost 0% chance of that. Indian fans, go to your nearest temples and pray that Bucknor doesnt continue his stuff against India for this match. We now have only god to fall back on.

I cant even talk about our batting now after all the drama that took place today. Will talk abt it tomorrow.

Well the Indians just have to put everything behind them. I certainly hope they don't get as easily ruffled by it as we fans do, but unfortunately their body language on the field during the end of the second session and the last session didn't go a long way in proving that. I will in fact end up waking up at 5.00 am again tomorrow not only to work on my little umpiring project, but also because it will be the second last day of test cricket I will be able to watch fully for a while since I'm going back to the States at the end of the week.

Tendulkar has a phenomenal SCG record with an average that is something like 249. He scored 301 runs without being dismissed last time around and had an unbeaten 148 or so in his first knock at the ground. India still will get best use of the pitch, so they really cannot complain if they end up getting bowled out easily twice in this game, because they would lose the game regardless of the umpiring.

Having THE WALL opening might be a good idea in this match the pitch will provide alot of assistance for clark an lee early with the new ball if they can surive that the pitch becomes very good to bat on so we will see if this so called great indian batting side is up to the task tomorrow.
I think Clark will be a real handful on this pitch in the early overs.

And everyone agrees umpiring was terrible today no nedd to keep going on an on an on an on about it.

Ask any fan they will say there team always is on the wrong end of bad umpiring decisions.
For me this is the 1st time as an aussie fan i believe we have had alot of luck from the umpires every other game i swear they gotta be against us an where always on the wrong side of it an i complain.
But once is enough then u get over it.

So many times warne was robbed of wickets by umps not giving out lbw's coz they didnt pick it wasnt his big leggie waaa waaa :crying useless umps he could have had an extra 100 wickets to his total we could have won even more matches :crying.

bad umpiring is part of the game live with it we all just hope it evens out over a players career but ofcourse each teams fan will say it doesnt because they only focus on decisions that go against them not the ones that go in their favour or how many the umps get right.

India let Australia slip away and Australia is well on their way for a record equalling 16 Tests win in a row.

I haven't actually spent enough time fuming about our team selection. :p Dravid may end up as a solid pick for opening but I doubt it. He definitely needs to be way more positive. And I hope someone talked to the Indians about running between the wickets--it's not all about hitting the boundaries.

Luckily for us, this ground is smaller and the outfield is quicker. We rely a lot on boundaries--many of the balls that should have been 3s in Melbourne and we got 2's for will easily rush for 4 here. I guess the massive difference in fielding will be a little more evened out here.

Some of the Indians on here are pathetic, everyone gets bad decisions, get over it or at least act sensibly and with some respect for umpires who know a hell of a lot more about cricket than they do. Everyone gets bad decisions, deal with it. None of the other fans on here act like this. The fact is these are the best umpires we've got an until they build some robots your not going to be happy. Stop bitching.

Bad decisions or not, India should not have let Roy and Hogg add 176. They should take a look at themselves before blaming the umpires.

Bad decisions or not, India should not have let Roy and Hogg add 176. They should take a look at themselves before blaming the umpires.

They got Roy out twice, it is a bit much to ask India to get him out a third time:p.

Some of the Indians on here are pathetic, everyone gets bad decisions, get over it or at least act sensibly and with some respect for umpires who know a hell of a lot more about cricket than they do. Everyone gets bad decisions, deal with it. None of the other fans on here act like this. The fact is these are the best umpires we've got an until they build some robots your not going to be happy. Stop bitching.

I agree. I'd just like to point out though, there are some Indians on her being sensible about it.

I just wish the bitter ones would wisen up to the fact that it happens to every team. It's not just some wicked agenda against India. England had some absolutely dreadful umpiring in Sri Lanka but us English fans just got on with it and accepted it. It ALWAYS balances out. Just remember that.

I agree. I'd just like to point out though, there are some Indians on her being sensible about it.

I just wish the bitter ones would wisen up to the fact that it happens to every team. It's not just some wicked agenda against India. England had some absolutely dreadful umpiring in Sri Lanka but us English fans just got on with it and accepted it. It ALWAYS balances out. Just remember that.

Definately. The umpiring is unaccepable and it has affected India today. On other days, it will certainly affect every other team in the world.

A couple of things have quite frankly disgusted me in this thread today:

1) Several Indian fans (not all) have said if their team fails again they won't follow the rest of the series. How can you even contemplate that? It always baffles me when I see comments like this, you support your side through thick and thin, stick with them. Look at England fans, beating after beating in the Ashes, yet they were still there at the end, cheering, singing and even applauding the players! Even in Sri Lanka when they were quite rightly outraged at the performance in the third test, they still turned up, cheering the team on.

2) This belief that Steve Bucknor that a few Indian fans have (again, not all) somehow makes more errors against India than everyone else. Got some stats to back it up? Any sort of proof at all? How many of you have seen him umpiring in other matches? To make comments like that you really need something to back it up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread