India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'd just like to point out though, there are some Indians on her being sensible about it.

I just wish the bitter ones would wisen up to the fact that it happens to every team. It's not just some wicked agenda against India. England had some absolutely dreadful umpiring in Sri Lanka but us English fans just got on with it and accepted it. It ALWAYS balances out. Just remember that.
the on fireld umpiring can be over looked,what do u say bout the 3rd umpire decision??

Ok, I stopped watching after Brett Lee hit a four. I don't mean to moan, but wasn't Symonds out 3 times?

I'm also very disappointed with the team selection. I have no idea why Dravid is going to open again with Jaffer. Two batsmen in a defensive mode will not bloody work! The Aussies will be effin loving it. Atleast Sehwag will try to get on top of the bowlers and if (and that's a big if) he can lay some sort of a foundation for the coming batsmen to build on (knowing that if Sehwag can do it they can too) then things could begin to look up for India.

2) This belief that Steve Bucknor that a few Indian fans have (again, not all) somehow makes more errors against India than everyone else. Got some stats to back it up? Any sort of proof at all? How many of you have seen him umpiring in other matches? To make comments like that you really need something to back it up with.

I watch a lot of cricket and can assure you that Bucknor makes more 'howlers' against India than other teams. However, the right/wrong ratio is likely the same and any indifference is definately coincidence.

A couple of things have quite frankly disgusted me in this thread today:

1) Several Indian fans (not all) have said if their team fails again they won't follow the rest of the series. How can you even contemplate that? It always baffles me when I see comments like this, you support your side through thick and thin, stick with them. Look at England fans, beating after beating in the Ashes, yet they were still there at the end, cheering, singing and even applauding the players! Even in Sri Lanka when they were quite rightly outraged at the performance in the third test, they still turned up, cheering the team on.

2) This belief that Steve Bucknor that a few Indian fans have (again, not all) somehow makes more errors against India than everyone else. Got some stats to back it up? Any sort of proof at all? How many of you have seen him umpiring in other matches? To make comments like that you really need something to back it up with.

I agree. I will watch this series no matter what because I always hope for the best and I will continue to support India through the good, the bad and the ugly. Steve Bucknor has been a poor umpire over the last few years and it hasn't been only against India. However, it is very ticking off when he continuously makes those bad decisions (be it against us or any other team).

I'm pretty sure a few Australians will argue that Bucknor has made plenty more mistakes against them than against India. Simon Katich at Trent Bridge anyone?

There was a discussion I had on Cricketweb a few months back when I used to post there where I was bagged because I suggested that you need some sort of counterfoil while opening the batting. I was told that the opener's job is to see the new ball off but obviously it is more than just about that as India's performance in the first match showed. Runs are equally important. Hopefully we can have a better start this time around though I imagine the Australians will be pumped up after getting out of what seemed like a high-security prison so convincingly.

I agree. I will watch this series no matter what because I always hope for the best and I will continue to support India through the good, the bad and the ugly. Steve Bucknor has been a poor umpire over the last few years and it hasn't been only against India. However, it is very ticking off when he continuously makes those bad decisions (be it against us or any other team).
It is ticking off that he keeps making mistakes yet the ICC seems to turn a blind eye towards it. How ironic, that.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure a few Australians will argue that Bucknor has made plenty more mistakes against them than against India. Simon Katich at Trent Bridge anyone?

Trust me, it seems like every series that he makes a few howlers against India...but as I said before, the exact right/wrong ratio is likely the same across the board.

PS: Does anyone else think that the cricinfo title, Benson and edges was genius?

I just wish the bitter ones would wisen up to the fact that it happens to every team. It's not just some wicked agenda against India. England had some absolutely dreadful umpiring in Sri Lanka but us English fans just got on with it and accepted it. It ALWAYS balances out. Just remember that.
Erm...no it doesn't always. Theoretically, that might be the case...but it doesn't happen. If it does it's just coincidence. Each mistake the umpire makes is independant of the previous one (hopefully). Therefore, if India have one go against them, it's still a 50/50 that the next one will go towards them. That's logic. It makes no sense to say that it "ALWAYS balances out".

According to you, India will get more decisions going towards them than against in the rest of the series. There's no reason why that should happen.

Check out the beginning of this article. It was ironically in the SCG and India again missed out on three plumb decisions. That time around we responded by scoring 700+ so hopefully that trend follows.

The ICC loves a bit of incompetence. So Bucknor's job is safe and Stevie will be getting a call anytime soon.

Lttle Known fact, the I in ICC actually stands for Incompetant.

Erm...no it doesn't always. Theoretically, that might be the case...but it doesn't happen. If it does it's just coincidence. Each mistake the umpire makes is independant of the previous one (hopefully). Therefore, if India have one go against them, it's still a 50/50 that the next one will go towards them. That's logic. It makes no sense to say that it "ALWAYS balances out".

You can apply whatever theory you like, but it always does balance out. You get bad decisions go against you, you get bad edecisions going in favour of you. It always balances out.

Why is it the Sub Continent teams always seem to have something with umpires. The Indians have a problem with Bucknor
The Pakistanis had a problem with Hair

I would love to see you do a better job, These guys stand in basically the same position for about 8 hours a day, In the heat concentrating as hard as possible. Every ball checking to see if its a no ball, Wide wether its come off the bat, pad, glove any other body part. They dont exactly have any banter to take part in nor do they maybe a day off when the fielding side go to bat. They stand there for 5 days. Yes they may make a few decision that are wrong but usually they balance out over the course of time.

Yes, I agree today that 3rd Umpire decision was probably wrong but with the Symonds nick, Yes we can all here it when watching it on TV but when the Crowds are singing at the top of their voices sometimes things cannot be heard aswell in the middle.

Umpiring is never perfect, today it was pretty bad, but as it's been said, all teams get bad runs at times, you have to suck it up and keep going with the match.

The on field umpire decisions, I agree were bad judgement. However the third umpire's decision (who is Australian) not giving Symonds out stumped seems to be a case where patriotism took precedance over good judgement. The umpires are supposed to be from neutral countries. How did Australia manage to get one of their own (Bruce Oxenford) for a TV umpire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread