India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will, Hogg isn't that bad a batsman and Brett Lee has test fifties so the tail is good. India didn't bowl as well as they could at them but they are capable.

None of us are contesting that fact manee, what we are disapointed with is the manner in which some Indian fans on here (some, I said some) immediately lash out at umpires straight away. Calling for their heads, saying they are disgraces etc etc.

Yeah manee, I have to agree with Matt, its just when people go on about it too much instead of looking to the future. Its fine when one or 2 people complain for one post but when you keep going on about it and suggest things such as Matt suggested, its a bit over the top.

Yeah manee, I have to agree with Matt, its just when people go on about it too much instead of looking to the future. Its fine when one or 2 people complain for one post but when you keep going on about it and suggest things such as Matt suggested, its a bit over the top.

Maybe. But the point of anger is that it is not a controlled emotion. Remember, it is a critical point in the series and if India had skittled Australia, they had a chance to go 1-1 after two Tests, but now, 2-0 is looking very likely with Australia likely to amount over 400 on a fast pitch and India's main scorer (Dravid) out of form.

No, I can sympathize but it won't change anything. The decisions were bad ones but it can't be changed you just have to move on in these times.

I mean I remember when England played the West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy Final in 2004. England needed 2 wickets to win and the West Indies needed round about 60 odd and Flintoff had the keeper Browne plumb LBW and Rudi Kortsen turned it down and these two won the match without England taking another wicket. I was heart broken you just have to move on.

Last edited:
My problem is that many of the India fans have made it out as if it is always them and only them in this thread that gets poor decisions. Bleeting left, right and centre won't solve anything.

None of us are contesting that fact manee, what we are disapointed with is the manner in which some Indian fans on here (some, I said some) immediately lash out at umpires straight away. Calling for their heads, saying they are disgraces etc etc.

Bucknor has been shocking to say the least. He was also a part of the WC Final fiasco.
Its time that Bucknor quits. He has been a good umpire over the years but now it has come to a point where it is getting shocking.

To be fair--it's really a circular fuel-fire relationship with regards to the umpiring. It all seemed to be well resolved by the end of the day with both Australian and Indian fans agreeing that the umpire was pretty pathetic. The argument was flared up when those who had not watched the match or chose not to post during it began repeating the same things over and over and over again. And hence those who were displeased with the umpires repeated their arguments again and in this way both sides continued without reading each other's posts.

However, that's what happens with most discussion PlanetCricket and eventually it fizzles out as people realize that it is basically doing nothing but detracting away from the actual cricket. I'm frustrated but I'm feeling much better now. We had a golden opportunity but our lack of ability to dismiss the tail in the past shows that this is a problem area that we need to address.

Finally, I'd like to apologize if I whined or gave out the vibe that I was blaming Australia's comeback on the umpiring. That was certainly not the case as it still took a valiant effort from Symonds and Hogg and certainly showed why Australia are the top side in the world. There are still points I feel strongly about with regards to what transpired yesterday but I think it's best that I keep them inside me.

i cant belive there are people here who say indias fault australia got that much we got symonds out twice so take that to 9 wickets in the day take away all his runs and the runs that ponting made extra. then what will you say. how many times do we have to get someone out for it to be given. australia world class team, symonds is a world class player. we are testing them and when we have them rattled the umpires decide we have to let australia look the best lets not give them out. when it is all set and done no one will think about the bloody joke decisions that has happened in this test. disgrace.

i cant belive there are people here who say indias fault australia got that much we got symonds out twice so take that to 9 wickets in the day take away all his runs and the runs that ponting made extra. then what will you say. how many times do we have to get someone out for it to be given. australia world class team, symonds is a world class player. we are testing them and when we have them rattled the umpires decide we have to let australia look the best lets not give them out. when it is all set and done no one will think about the bloody joke decisions that has happened in this test. disgrace.
People will definitely remember a lot of this match because of the umpiring decisions. The only thing that won't remember it is the scoreline. While we did have to take a few wickets multiple times, we also have to be faulted for bowling poorly to Hogg. Hogg had no chances whatsoever and the only reason he got to 79 is because we bowled short and wide to him, or half-volleys, and because we didn't plug the damn third man region.

Anyways, the day ended up so much in Australia's favor due to external influence (umpires) when it should have ended up India's way. I dont mind if people call me anything, but the umpires have controlled this game so far. How can both umpires make mistakes together and that too at crucial circumstances?

Then by that same token Australia should have won the Ashes in 2005 by 2-1? I don't think so. These things just happen you have to accept them. It's fine to complain and say what you feel about the umpire but it's a bit rich to say what 'should' have happened or that India 'should' be leading? How do you know that the day would have been won by India had Symonds, Hogg or Ponting been caught out earlier? Someone else could have also built a huge partnership? By the same token we could have been run through all out for 120 odd. I just don't think you can predict what that it 'should have' gone in favour of India had those umpiring decisions been correct.

I offically hate Steve Bucknor, thats the match gone now, we could have had Australia out for 250, but now they're going to make 450, but why didn't Symonds walk? I understand that all cricketers aren't walkers but that was a blatant edge for god sake...:mad:

Batsman's job to bat, Umpire's job to give him out etc etc.

Very true, but theres no harm in helping the Umpire from Indian newspapers, media and ICC keeping coming down on them like a ton of bricks...:p

I offically hate Steve Bucknor, thats the match gone now, we could have had Australia out for 250, but now they're going to make 450, but why didn't Symonds walk? I understand that all cricketers aren't walkers but that was a blatant edge for god sake...:mad:

Probably because of the monkey chants the fans gave him back in India even though he did admit in the conference afterwards that he had edged it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread