India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Symonds is on his fifth life. Going by his average of about 33 before the match, he should score about 155 before being given another life.

at last a wicket
and bucknor gets another 1 wrong
cant be a catch cos it was off the pad,
and cant be a lbw cos impact was way outside the line

i think bucknor is headed the darel hair way,
heres hoping he goes himself before hes pushed in disgrace

That was OUT! It was hitting the top of the off stump. It was not even close to being as bad as the Symonds decision yesterday off Ishant. Even today, Symonds survived a stumping chance off Dhoni.

Horrible horrible umpiring!!!

That was OUT! It was hitting the top of the off stump. It was not even close to being as bad as the Symonds decision yesterday off Ishant. Even today, Symonds survived a stumping chance off Dhoni.

Horrible horrible umpiring!!!
He was struck well outside the line of off stump and by the laws of cricket that was not out.

I'll give an umpire one bad decision an Inning, and that's being cushy. To be on the elite panel, you cannot make so many mistakes.

Cricketman, I'd suggest we not make a big deal out of it because it's just going to draw the same flak about people having good days and bad days, especially from the people who are not watching the match. Let's just watch it--after all it is pretty amusing how these umpires can get so many wrong one after another.

On another note, Symonds has reached 150. He's up for man of the match contention. If he does win that prize, he should use it to purchase a couple of High-Definition Televisions for Bucknor and Oxenford.

Obviously something will be done about it but for the moment, they are the men in charge and all you can hope for is that they make the right decisions. You can just feel the sense that we won't have any happy campers if Australia get a decision their way when they field.

Ponting will certainly look to Symonds making 200, certainly wouldn't 'need' to amass a large total as of yet. Anything over 400 would've been amazing.

This field is like an ODI field.
The singles are too easy to come by. FORCE HIM TO GO OVER THE TOP!
Have not been impressed with the captaincy.

Please Symonds, walk when you get out the fourth time!

The only time an Australian batsman will walk is when his car runs out of gas :rolleyes:
You stole that from someone. :p Gavaskar? I don't remember.

Obviously something will be done about it but for the moment, they are the men in charge and all you can hope for is that they make the right decisions. You can just feel the sense that we won't have any happy campers if Australia get a decision their way when they field.
That's the thing. The very same thing happened on India's last tour here with the same umpire but nothing has been done about it. The ICC's policy is to let an umpire deteriorate completely before forcing them out of the elite panel. I've brought up the clear example of Asoka de Silva many times without evoking any response from the doubters.

Johnson to get a 50 here as well. Clark to fall just short and Indian openers to get out cheaply. This has been a huge bag of mental suffering for the Indian players and I don't know if they'll be able to withstand it.

Last edited:
LOL

The only person who walks in our team is Gilchrist and he's out! A blessing in disguise.

Johnson is on fire there hammering the touted Indian spinners. The tail is really wagging here - I reckon 550-600 should suffice.

Ganguly takes a catch in the outfield! Johnson misses out on his test 50. I figure Clark will be feeling good about his innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread