India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody, hell. You're still going at it? Tony Grieg was right. You Indians will be at this for another week.
Did you even follow any of the other posts? If you did, you will realize that we were having a mature conversation about the general quality of umpiring, especially with regards to Bucknor, over an extended period of time. It is something that I am currently researching, instead of making blanket statements like you are, especially with implied rudeness used to instigate the situation.

Really, the only thing you can complain about my post is that it is off-topic. I have not made any suggestions that India is in the situation they are purely because of the umpiring. I have only brought up Bucknor's deterioration as an umpire, something that you cannot deny especially if you watched the World Cup final.

I just sure hope the aussies can get a quick wicket before lunch, that'd really set us up.
Luckily we have avoided that. :) Hopefully the SCG really holds up its reputation of being a fantastic batting track on days 2 and 3. And hope the luck pendulum swings our way a bit.

Last edited:
Too wide from Lee in that over before lunch. India haven't lost a wicket but Dravid is having trouble with Johnson. He needs to show more intent and at least look for singles and there is no point stonewalling since he'll just get out for a low score anyway. India need something from him now.

Too wide from Lee in that over before lunch. India haven't lost a wicket but Dravid is having trouble with Johnson. He needs to show more intent and at least look for singles and there is no point stonewalling since he'll just get out for a low score anyway. India need something from him now.
I'm praying that he was just trying to play out the 3 overs before Lunch. If he produces another of his overly defensive innings, I cannot see anyway that the team management can continue asking him to open.

Or possibly play in the team all if the other middle order players are making runs. If that the case despite Dravid being a class act he's not the captain and he's very much vulnerable. Badrinath and Sehwag are looking for his place so there is pressure on him. If the other make runs in this match, it could be Dravid which gets dropped.

Or possibly play in the team all if the other middle order players are making runs. If that the case despite Dravid being a class act he's not the captain and he's very much vulnerable. Badrinath and Sehwag are looking for his place so there is pressure on him. If the other make runs in this match, it could be Dravid which gets dropped.
Badrinath is not in the squad. I figure it will be Karthik who will come in since Kumble seems intent on taking Sehwag just for a shopping trip.

How many appeals were there in yesterdays play??

I got no idea but there were alot so that means the umps still ended up getting alot of decisions right an a couple of obvious ones wrong.

Happens every game to every team on any other day them appeals could be given even though there was doubt.

Thats how it all evens out.

WHy should batsmen walk thats just silly
They get given out every now an then when they arent actually out and have to walk off without complaining.
So when the ump gets 1 wrong might aswell stay there.

No matter what though there is still no excuse for india to allow symonds batting with the tail enders to add about 300 runs to the total.

Decent survival by the openers for those tricky 10 mins. But if Dravid continues this well into the 2nd session, cant see him sticking around for long and he will take down the whole team with him. If that happens, I would give Dravid the same treatment meted out to Saurav Ganguly and it will then depend on Dravid if he is as mentally tough as Ganguly to make a comeback (which I dont think he can becoz he will buckle down and retire).

I would say if the openers bat OK and score well, Kumble should send in Yuvraj or Dhoni at one down to may be take on the Aussies (IF and ONLY IF the openers bat well and post a decent partnership at the top).

Wow Brett Lee is bowling really really well. Great away swing, he'll pick one up soon.

How many appeals were there in yesterdays play??

I got no idea but there were alot so that means the umps still ended up getting alot of decisions right an a couple of obvious ones wrong.
There were 13 appeals yesterday and 6 of them were ruled incorrectly. The number 13 includes minor appeals where the bowlers just appealed for the sake of appealing.

No matter what though there is still no excuse for india to allow symonds batting with the tail enders to add about 300 runs to the total.
There isn't, it was over aggressive field-settings and poor bowling that allowed for a lot of that. But you cannot deny that having to take Symonds wicket at least 3 times had a telling factor--right? He was out on 30, 48, possibly on 106 and possibly on 148. Good on him not to lose his concentration, though.

I would say if the openers bat OK and score well, Kumble should send in Yuvraj or Dhoni at one down to may be take on the Aussies (IF and ONLY IF the openers bat well and post a decent partnership at the top).
No way. The last thing we need to tinker with our batting line-up. Doing that is what put us in a mess in the first test match in the first place so I don't know why you would suggest that we confuse our batsmen any further.

Last edited:
I know, but for the future. If the middle order keeps making runs including Yuvraj, the selectors shouldn't drop him for that. Of course Badrinath is knocking on the door as well as Karthik and Sehwag.
I honestly don't think Sehwag will get a game in this tour. He may be selected for the 2-day tour match between the 2nd and 3rd tests if these openers fail again, but it seems that the team management just brought him for a holiday without any intention of actually using him.

Decent survival by the openers for those tricky 10 mins. But if Dravid continues this well into the 2nd session, cant see him sticking around for long and he will take down the whole team with him. If that happens, I would give Dravid the same treatment meted out to Saurav Ganguly and it will then depend on Dravid if he is as mentally tough as Ganguly to make a comeback (which I dont think he can becoz he will buckle down and retire).

Nah, that wont happen mate. Laxman is perfectly capable at 3 to take on the aussies if need be, but really in test match cricket even if you are 1-150 you shouldn't start going for everything and act like a pinch hitter. It's not ODI, you need to build a score in test matches.

Gilchrist is the only batsman I can think of that consistently walks.

Some previous posts have made me ponder:

Why should there be more expectation of a batsman to walk if the decision is obvious? Obvious or not, the batsman still knows he is out. Is it to save an umpire from further embarassment? Is it to show some kind of sportsmanship? Obvious or not, the batsman doesn't have to walk. It's the umpire's job to give him out and if the umpire still fails to make the correct call than that's a reflection of his credentials.

300 from the tail is a magnificent effort and it's set Australia up beautifully but they've got to bowl straighter, especially Johnson. I think that 4 first ball from Dravid is a show of intent. At least, I hope so.

Jaffer's not making a good showing against the short ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread