India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You stole that from someone. :p Gavaskar? I don't remember.

That's the thing. The very same thing happened on India's last tour here with the same umpire but nothing has been done about it. The ICC's policy is to let an umpire deteriorate completely before forcing them out of the elite panel. I've brought up the clear example of Asoka de Silva many times without evoking any response from the doubters.

Johnson to get a 50 here as well. Clark to fall just short and Indian openers to get out cheaply. This has been a huge bag of mental suffering for the Indian players and I don't know if they'll be able to withstand it.
Yep, Gavaskar :p Sums it up though. Gilly's alright though.

Whoohoo, the number 10 Bradman is gone!@

That's the thing. The very same thing happened on India's last tour here with the same umpire but nothing has been done about it. The ICC's policy is to let an umpire deteriorate completely before forcing them out of the elite panel. I've brought up the clear example of Asoka de Silva many times without evoking any response from the doubters.

Johnson to get a 50 here as well. Clark to fall just short and Indian openers to get out cheaply. This has been a huge bag of mental suffering for the Indian players and I don't know if they'll be able to withstand it.

Well surely the Australia commentators have sent out a strong enough message, talking about the issues that may arise and such. But it will be 'how' they take it on. There may be various continuous problems with implementing new rules, especially with technology. It's still a difficult area to fix.

Johnson was batting so well! Oh well, Clark to make a century.

Well surely the Australia commentators have sent out a strong enough message, talking about the issues that may arise and such. But it will be 'how' they take it on. There may be various continuous problems with implementing new rules, especially with technology. It's still a difficult area to fix.
Technology is seriously not the problem. I'm going to do a little bit of research into Bucknor's many mistakes to dispatch the myths that the Indians are just complaining about this being a one test wonder. On this note, any one who has anything to help me, I'd appreciate if you could PM it to me.

Please come on guys bat sensibly we need a Symonds century.!
Can't say Symonds should feel cheated on missing out on his double century. How ironic that the not out batsman is the one who was out 4 times. :p

Last edited:
Robbed of a double:(

Please we need to make early in roads into this strong Indian lineup but on such a belter I doubt we will. Johnson needs to prove his worth as a bowler because currently he's worth more as a tailender. Hogg needs to fire too to prevent this match petering out with each side making in excess of 400.

Technology is seriously not the problem. I'm going to do a little bit of research into Bucknor's many mistakes to dispatch the myths that the Indians are just complaining about this being a one test wonder. On this note, any one who has anything to help me, I'd appreciate if you could PM it to me.

Can't say Symonds should feel cheated on missing out on his double century. How ironic that the not out batsman is the one who was out 4 times. :p

Well it might be a coincidence that India are the victims, unless there are any real solution, I don't see it fixing any of the umpiring problems straight away.

Disappointing to see Clark out, but good to see a decent decision.

The tail has made a good contribution. India will have to know that this is a good pitch and runs can be made if you play the way you should play.

They need this strong top and middle order to post 500 or more and put Australia under pressure. It looks a tough ask indeed now.

Watching the 1st session of the days play some thoughts have struck me. Firstly umpire Bucknor he gave Brett Lee out for LBW it couldn't have been LBW coz it struck Lee outside the Line of the off stump. It also could not have been caught at 1st slip coz 1 Lee did not snick it, and 2 the ball did not carry to first slip. Also umpire bucknor refused a referral to the 3rd umpire of a Symonds stumping. IMO if Bucknor did go to the 3rd umpire i wud be interested to see the desicion coz it was almost impossible to tell if he was indeed stumped. Finally id just like to say congratulations to Andrew 'Roy' Symonds for a brilliant innings, he is one of my favs of the Australian Cricket team and always will be. :) Great FIGHTBACK AUSSIES! :)

Well it might be a coincidence that India are the victims, unless there are any real solution, I don't see it fixing any of the umpiring problems straight away.
I have not made any claims about one team or another being victims. I'm just making a claim about the general deterioration of his umpiring. I don't believe he is biased against India. I just believe that he has become increasingly incompetent. Having watched primarily Indian series', though, I have been exposed to his poor decision-making primarily against them.

The tail has made a good contribution. India will have to know that this is a good pitch and runs can be made if you play the way you should play.

They need this strong top and middle order to post 500 or more and put Australia under pressure. It looks a tough ask indeed now.

THey made a great contribution. I don't know the last time 3/4 tailenders made over 25 each.

The first step is to get through to lunch. That's one more over of Brett Lee. We'll need to regroup after that.

I have not made any claims about one team or another being victims. I'm just making a claim about the general deterioration of his umpiring. I don't believe he is biased against India. I just believe that he has become increasingly incompetent. Having watched primarily Indian series', though, I have been exposed to his poor decision-making primarily against them.

Bloody, hell. You're still going at it? Tony Grieg was right. You Indians will be at this for another week.

Symonds batted magnifecently and the Australians did not back down after they were in a spot of bother. The lower-orders/tail-enders did a great job. Well batted Australia :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread