India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
India is suffering from a "tail will smash you" disease. In almost all the test matches since December the tailenders are simply smashing India. Sami,Lee,Hogg etc etc are putting up huge partnerships and are throwing India in front of a challenge. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

You can apply whatever theory you like, but it always does balance out. You get bad decisions go against you, you get bad edecisions going in favour of you. It always balances out.

We need it to balance out in the same match :p:D.

It's heart breaking for me as a viewer when I see so much effort go unrewarded. Especially for a young bowler like Ishant Sharma.

Do you seriously think that red-blooded, passionate Indian cricket fans will take this lying down? Our team might play crap at times, but no way we're going to overlook 4 or 5 bad decisions going against India...

This pitch was a good wicket to bat on, our bowlers bowled their hearts out to get 6 wickets against a strong batting line-up like Australia and then an umpire like Bucknor once again takes it all away in a matter of moments.

He's had a history of being anti-India. Don't tell me that these decisions wouldn't have affected this match. Sure as hell they would.

On India's part, they've made crucial mistakes, true. Picking Bhajan is once again a great mistake. Sure, he took 2 wickets, but his bowling always releases the pressure built up by the seamers and he bowls too many short balls for an off-spinner...

We needed 3 seamers, for god's sake and where the hell is that third man? They've leaked so many runs there... :mad

The fielding has once again been a serious let-down.

True. We bowled superbly to get Australia on the mat.
Tell me an instance recently when a side has had Australia struggling to get 400 in the first innings of a test, let alone have them at 136/6 ?
And this was not even out first-string pace attack. Quite a stupendous achievement for a side which was deemed to be struggling to get 20 Australian wickets.
Monty Panesar`s effort at Perth to get the Aussies out for 242 comes to mind.
Sri Lanka , for instance came in with a very highly rated attack of Mallinga,Vaas,Fernando and Murali but they failed to make an impact. The less-rated Indian bowlers have fared a lot better so far.

In the end, what the scoreboard shows is 376/7 which is not a true reflection of how well we did in the day`s play.

However, the team must show the resolve they showed with the ball in the first two sessions today and try getting batsmen bowled out because that seems to be our best chance of getting a wicket and it does not need the umpire`s nod (if it is a legitimate delivery).
I feel we will make a fist of this game with the bat and may get quite close in this test. Lets see.

Our batting has a point or two to prove. Sachin,Dravid and VVS must step up .

Uhh this is what freaking annoys me!

You lose respect for people who don't walk? Is that it?..

Let me fill you in: About 95% of cricketers stand their ground. I know for a fact that Sachin doesn't walk. If he nicked one behind like Symonds did, he wouldn't walk, he'd stand HIS ground. Would you then lose respect for Sachin? Doubt it.

Walking is stupid, you WILL be given out when you're not out, it's a fact of a cricketing career. If you walk when the umpire isn't going to give you out, the luck will never even it self out, it will always be bad luck.

SACHIN in fact walks when he nicks it. There was even an instance in Pakistan where he walked, only to find out that he had not gloved it. I think it was the 2006 series in Pakistan.

Last edited:
The fact is, you don't have to walk. Your under no real obligation to walk, nothing in the rules about it etc.

And it's just bad luck, plenty of teams have days when they should have been given wickets, haven't and have ended up on the back foot. It's nothing knew, get over it.

then why stick him in a test match?
why not tell him to bulk up abit and then cme back,
like pakistan did with asif

Were you even watching the game today ? Ishant bowled his heart out today and could`ve easily got a couple of wickets.

Asif was smahsed all over by Australia when he toured there in 2005. Ishant was very good for someone playing his first game in Australia and he is just 19-years old.
And for the pace-freaks out there, he cranked it upto 142.6 kph today. He could easily get upto the 145kph mark when his build gets a lot stronger.

I expect him to be a handful against the tailenders tomorrow with the steep bounce he gets.
And Kumble will clean up the tail tomorrow, don`t worry. Iam looking at it with optimism. It is not all lost. The wicket looks great for batting. If Hogg could smash it around, why can`t our top-order do that ?

We must quickly forget these umpiring blunders and look ahead and try to stage a comeback.

They got Roy out twice, it is a bit much to ask India to get him out a third time:p.

Lol. True. However, allowing a so far unproven Test batsman to add over 200 with the tail is simply not good enough even if he was out twice.

This next statement has nothing to do with your post, Manee:

I am tired of fans constantly playing the victim and it's pretty pathetic to keep track of an umpire's record against your team in my opinion. It makes it seem as if he is biased against you. It's annoying and doe nothing but harm.

Also, some fans are inconsistent in your views towards walking. It's obvious not everyone does it so there's no point berating an opposing player for not walking. It's not his job to give himself out.

Sachin walks sometimes, doesn't walk other times. Either way, I'm not blaming Symonds and Ponting because they had all right to stay put. The umpires though...need a bit of a kicking.

Anyhoo, we must move on. Can't go on about this all day.

I'm pretty sure a few Australians will argue that Bucknor has made plenty more mistakes against them than against India. Simon Katich at Trent Bridge anyone?

So you want me to give you the list of those Bucknor decisions that have gone against us :
1.) Tendulkar got a howler at the GABBA in 2003-04 when he was given out to a ball going way over the stumps. Gillespie, the bowler was`nt much interested and had stopped appealing, turned his back to the umpire when Bucknor decided to rule him OUT!

2.) At Sydney in the same 03-04 series, Bucknor gave Langer not-out twice in two balls when he was caught plumb to Agarkar. India had scored 700+ and were trying to win the series.
In the same innings he missed two LBWs against Martyn who was again plumb to Karthik and Kumble.
Martyn again got a reprieve in the second innings at Sdney where India were trying to force a win.

3.) Bucknor had Sachin again at Kolkata in 2005 where he managed to spot an edge when there was none.There was a lot of daylight between bat and ball but Bucknor thought otherwise.

4.) Bucknor again missed a big edge today of Symonds.

There are quite a few other instances that I can think of but will post at a later instance.This is the reason why we are upset, not just because of the bad decisions but with the frequency with which this has been happening with Bucknor.

And to add insult to injury, Mark Benson and the Third umpire made a couple of howlers as well.

And guess what i bet there quite a few that
1) May have gone against the Aussies

and

2) That may have gone against your opposition in past tours.

Lol. True. However, allowing a so far unproven Test batsman to add over 200 with the tail is simply not good enough even if he was out twice.

That is rubbish (or, at least your phrasing is). How is he supposed to prove himself if he shouldn't be scoring many runs?

That doesn't prove anything to me other than the fact you're actually quite sad if you can recount an umpire's mistake history. Get over it.

That doesn't prove anything to me other than the fact you're actually quite sad if you can recount an umpire's mistake history. Get over it.

Yes to put it plainly. As I said its something that happens in cricket. You have to concentrate on whats ahead instead of dwelling on the past.

well we can just all hope that tommorow will have better umpriring and the same (sort) quality cricket as today bar the indian feilding at stages. but alll in all a very good contest and the australians got asked the questions and answered them beautifully with the bat. good on aussies.

Up course Australia answered beautifully with some help from India's bad fielding and a lot of help from the umpires including the Australian TV umpire.

That is rubbish (or, at least your phrasing is). How is he supposed to prove himself if he shouldn't be scoring many runs?

Maybe I could rephrase that.

To allow Symonds to add over 200 with the tail, in all honesty, is poor.

I just wanted to add (not in reply to anyone) that I think that fans have a right to complain when their team gets a few bad decisions. It happens to everyone, so let everyone release some steam and complain when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread