India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the selectors do not drop Yuvraj and Dhoni in the next match for Sehwag and Karthik, their incompetence will border on the ridiculousness.

Lead now is down to the 80s !
Although it is a decent lead already, it may not be that big a lead because the pitch is good for batting.

Lead now is down to the 80s !
Although it is a decent lead already, it may not be that big a lead because the pitch is good for batting.

Just wait for it to die and turn even more at the end. Highest chased total in 4th innings is 288 by Australia, by an opposition is 194 and only twice done by an opposition (Both times were England). History shows it's tough chasing down big totals last.

If the selectors do not drop Yuvraj and Dhoni in the next match for Sehwag and Karthik, their incompetence will border on the ridiculousness.

I don`t think they`ll drop Dhoni as he is the vice-captain. You`ll never see the vice-captain dropped in Indian cricket.

Yuvraj will make way for Sehwag IMO.
In that sense, we are lucky that we have a replacement of the caibre of Sehwag on the bench (althogh not in great form).

Johnson finally comes up against a quality batting lineup and his coming undone.

Lee is bowling well enough to play Tait.

All the hype about Johnson bowling well and saving himself in Test Matches with 3 wickets last week. He was bowling to the tail end. So of course he is going to bowl them out. I wouldn't be getting excited for him yet. If he did that to Sachin, Ganguly and the likes like that, then i would say he is a good Test bowler. Still a long way to go for JOhnson yet

Johnson finally comes up against a quality batting lineup and his coming undone.

Lee is bowling well enough to play Tait.

It was we here in India who were overhyping Johnson`s bowling after what he had done to us in a couple of ODIs. Maybe that was just a flash in the pan because he is just bowling up and down stuff here (fully expect this comment to backfire on me).

We must first get up to 400 which will make us feel a lot more confident and then take it from there.
At least this has been a spirited effort with the bat from India, mainly because of the VVS-Rahul partnership.

The innings runrate has gone up close to 4r.p.o (3.85) .

Look at how just a couple of 100 run partnerships can get the score to 400, even against a top quality attack like Australia. Having said that, we should`ve got 500 here considering the position we were in during the first session today before Ganguly got out.

Last edited:

There is a case for dhoni to remain. He looks like a tailender but he's keeping superbly. A keeper has to be good one otherwise India could go down the England road of Jones. Kartik is a good keeper but judging by the last test match i think dhoni would be far better as a keeper. Harbhajan Singh is batting well. Right now Yuvraj is embarrassing.

Vital runs from Harbhajan , he has dominated this partnership of 45.

Harbhajan living dangerously but he is living alright !

Last edited:
There is a case for dhoni to remain. He looks like a tailender but he's keeping superbly. A keeper has to be good one otherwise India could go down the England road of Jones. Kartik is a good keeper but judging by the last test match i think dhoni would be far better as a keeper. Harbhajan Singh is batting well. Right now Yuvraj is embarrassing.

Yuvraj definitely needs to rest for a few matches. To be honest, Dhoni hasn't been particularly sharp with his keeping in this test. I guess it'll come down to the result of this test.

good fight back by this pair.yuvraj has been caught out against a quality bowling attack which just showed why he isnt a regular test fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread