India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This match will be a draw now that India has got lead on Australia. No matter how bad India can bat they will not be bowled out in 2 sessions at SCG and I dont see Australia declare before getting a lead of 400.

I'm going to keep bringing up that it's a tough pitch to even get 250 on, last. Assuming India get to around 100 lead by the end of the day and Australia bat tomorrow, they could easily attempt to get 350+ and hopefully declare early morning. Even with a lead of 250 (unlikely to declare) they'll probably bat on to around 300. There is always a chance that India could be bowled out in 2 and a half sessions or India chase down that total or go for the draw.

Scenario is tough though so draw is on the tables.

Assuming there's about a total of 300 on the last day (if possible).
Highest 4th innings score;
Australia 288/2 60.3 overs v South Africa

Highest 4th innings score by an opposition;
England 194/5 95.5 overs v Australia
England 168/2 71.2 overs v Australia
England 96/1 28.0 overs v Australia

Every chance the game could go either way and the pitch will start to crack up and more movement may occur. Let's not forget what happened to India in the Melbourne if the bowlers step up again.

Bizzare -- Tendulkar takes a single and gives Ishant the strike.

India need to score quick now so they can get 10 or so overs bowling to australia great chance for them to get 2 wickets before the end of days play

I do not know why Ponting gave so many overs to Johnson today. Clark was underbowled today. Johnson wastes too many deliveries by bowling them way outside the offstump.

Lamboo has scored more runs than Jaffer against Lee.

I do not know why Ponting gave so many overs to Johnson today. Clark was underbowled today. Johnson wastes too many deliveries by bowling them way outside the offstump.

He wanted Jhonson to get feel of test cricket grind. Also he is much stronger than Clark.

I like this Sharma guy.

Ponting's captaincy hasn't been very smart if you ask me.

Despite Johnson getting wickets, I reckon he's bowled poor. I'd bring in Tait for him next game.

Johnson and Lee are probably the best 2 at reverse swing and unfortunately there was no sign of that today. He's also got the belief in Johnson.

Definitely should go with Tait. He would really give the extra fire Johnson doesn't.

This would be some selfish batting the way I see it, a possible attempt at keeping his average up.

Last edited:
Johnson and Lee are probably the best 2 at reverse swing and unfortunately there was no sign of that today. He's also got the belief in Johnson.

Definitely should go with Tait. He would really give the extra fire Johnson doesn't.

Brad Hogg is under bowled. Lamboo against Hogg will be intresting.

I like this Sharma guy.

Ponting's captaincy hasn't been very smart if you ask me.

Despite Johnson getting wickets, I reckon he's bowled poor. I'd bring in Tait for him next game.

Yeah, bring in Tait I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread