India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all fielder on boundary he could only get 1's so why risk getting out when lead is 40 runs. Infact the edges and some good shots by Lamboo ment we have 69 run lead now.
He did not let him play 1 ball from Hogg cos he knew that will be death for tail.

But the overs before that, he took singles on the first ball. He could've simply waited for the last 2 balls or so and then go for it when all but one fielder was on the boundary.

I think it was unfair to let Sharma face 4-5 balls from Lee and Clark.

Dont forget first innings. Australia 134-6.

That's why the game can turn either way, simply backing up the fact that India aren't the only one's that can win this.

Pfft, we should've held out and tried to save runs then we wouldn't of had to bat tonight.

Tendulkar was batting for his average.

Yes my point exactly. It couldn't be any clearer he was. One of the world's best/greatest players ever, runs a single for the first ball and leaves a tail-ender to face 5 balls.

Yes my point exactly. It couldn't be any clearer he was. One of the world's best/greatest players ever, runs a single for the first ball and leaves a tail-ender to face 5 balls.

When the tail ender is batting well, and when the opposition has the field well spread out reducing the chances of getting boundaries, I dont think he can do anything else.

I still believe we can win but india are in perfect position.

I can guarantee the aussies wont be defensive tomorrow.
They will be coming out trying to score atleast 400 in the days play an then try an bowl india out on day 5.

Trouble is india will be very defensive if that happens an we have no spin bowler to take advantage of day 5 scg wicket.

Thats why i say there in best position for a win.
An if there spin bowlers bowl slow enough they will be hard to face tomorrow.
So a chance with us being so aggresive to get us out cheaply.

When the tail ender is batting well, and when the opposition has the field well spread out reducing the chances of getting boundaries, I dont think he can do anything else.

But to take a single off the first ball? Ponting was always going to pull the field in for the last 1-2 balls and even the commentators were frustrated with the way he was playing. He really should've blocked a few and then go for those last few balls.

He's one of the world's best, he should've been able to do more, and there were always chances of 2 runs.

I disagree because I dont think the whole Indian outfit could go at 4-5 runs an over which the Aussies can.

Do you not sense the absurdity in stating that a team thats on a 15 game winning streak would risk playing so fast on the 4th day of a match on a pitch that's increasingly suitable for spinners of the opposing team, one of whom has an excellent record against the Aussies in the recent past?

Do you not sense the absurdity in stating that a team thats on a 15 game winning streak would risk playing so fast on the 4th day of a match on a pitch that's increasingly suitable for spinners of the opposing team, one of whom has an excellent record against the Aussies in the recent past?

Well playing for for a draw wont get them the record so they dont need to worry about that, just worrying about winning the game.

But to take a single off the first ball? Ponting was always going to pull the field in for the last 1-2 balls and even the commentators were frustrated with the way he was playing. He really should've blocked a few and then go for those last few balls.

He's one of the world's best, he should've been able to do more, and there were always chances of 2 runs.

31 off 53 balls fort last wicket is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread