India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see Australia winning either.

I think India should have declared at 5... had 45 minutes at us and If they got a wicket they could win but now I think we will go out tomorrow and who ever can get on top in that first 15 overs will be vital. I think if we can we will score at 4-5 and over for most of the day then try and hit some real quick runs in the last session and try and bowl you out on the last day.

Anyway, this should be some exciting cricket.

I can see either team winning. Australia make a good enough total and go on the attack to try and get India out on the final day or India chasing down that total. If there's interruptions then I can't see anyone winning.

Finally, a 5-for for Lee! Oh and yes...finally out.

Hope Sachin is happy with his average.

the only team really with a chance of winning from here is india.
This is poor defensive play.
They should have gone after quick runs an then if they were still not out declare.
So they can bowl 10 overs at aussies perfect chance to attack an pick up 2 wickets.

2 aussie wickets is more important than 30 more runs to total when your chasing a test win.
Plus they would have stopped Lee getting his 5 for

Seems india would rather a draw than take a small risk to ensure a win

im just happy we got sharma out. i kept on saying yorker yorker! Well i guess the bouncer worked in the end. Superb bowling Brett Lee a 5 wicket hall in the 1st innings. Now we need 30 40+ runs in the final 20 mins in my opinion

im just happy we got sharma out. i kept on saying yorker yorker! Well i guess the bouncer worked in the end. Superb bowling Brett Lee a 5 wicket hall in the 1st innings. Now we need 30 40+ runs in the final 20 mins in my opinion

I disagree. Just survive the day... If we can not lose a wicket at the end tomorrow we can come out and have a hit.

Hope Sachin is happy with his average.

With all fielder on boundary he could only get 1's so why risk getting out when lead is 40 runs. Infact the edges and some good shots by Lamboo ment we have 69 run lead now.
He did not let him play 1 ball from Hogg cos he knew that will be death for tail.

See the sportsman ship from Brett Lee when Tendulkar got his 150, he ran to the bowlers end and Brett gave him a pat on the shoulder, his a great bloke Brett Lee.

Anyway, well played Tendulkar, looked a little pokey streaky at times but you can't diss a score over 100.

Should be a really really interesting game from here.

Lol my last 2 posts have been started with "I disagree" :p

Yeah, I'm sure when the match is on the line our bowlers will lift and we can bowl 'em out. Either team can win from here, its just a question of who wants to more or who wants a draw.

At the start of the day, the intent for india was to bat out the day and score as many runs as possible. Thats what Ravi Shastri said too (on Cricinfo). So it was an effort from India to use up the day and try to embarass and deflate the Aussies (which they have achieved to some extent). You still have 5-6 overs and 2 full days (weather permitting!) to force a result in this game. Seeing the way the Aussies bat, either they will hit out and get a good sizeable target for India or they will collapse and give India an easy total to chase in the 4th innings (Adelaide 2003).

So I dont see anything wrong in India's approach today (though I wanted Sachin to go for some shots as I am his huge fan!). Ishant batted superbly, and the shots he played were awesome. The wicket is still very good for batting though it is turning for the spinners with bounce. The new ball is crucial, and if RP and Ishant can get a wicket today, India would be well ahead in this game (they already are ahead now!).

India have a great chance to win a test match here at Sydney. We should take initiative and bowl really well to get another sensational victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread