India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we ever declare with such a small lead? The higher the lead becomes, the lower the chase has to be.

Getting the wicket of Jaques or Hayden isn't worth those 30 or so runs which took like 30 minutes?

Idealy, Jaques and Hayden are in the best form. Jaques consistency in scoring and Hayden's large numbers have been good enough for Sri Lanka and India in the first test, they just need to find something to play on. They know they'll need to pile on the runs to stand any chance of getting that 16 in a row. Just could be a problem with that middle order. Ponting, Hussey and Gilchrist all haven't really looked to go on at any stage, Symonds may struggle to bat with his ankle, Clarke has some form making that 70 odd last match and can't eliminate how well Hogg and Lee played as well. So there's quite a chance of 400 on the cards as long as those early wickets aren't lost, although spin will be a factor to consider.

Unless either side had a major collapse, it's gonna be a draw.

I doubt it. Either Australia will collapse on day 4 or India will on day 5 or even both might happen. Actually I hope the Australian batsmen attack Kumble and Harbhajan on day 4 trying to score quick runs... that'll give us a chance.

Great Knock for Sachin Tendulkar!

Anyways I think this match is heading for a draw but nevertheless if India take a minimum of 3 wickets in the first session tomorrow the match is still on...

Our openers are naturally aggressive so they won't need to change their game plan. Symonds and Gilly are the same so thats 4 batters that can score quick without forcing it so makes for an interesting 4th day.

i think the aussies are gonna win it on the 5th day

bat till tea sensibly and then go all out attack,
then give india the last few overs of the day to bat and the indians to collapse on the 5th day

Our openers are naturally aggressive so they won't need to change their game plan. Symonds and Gilly are the same so thats 4 batters that can score quick without forcing it so makes for an interesting 4th day.

Then we got Punter when once he gets going he can be destructive and Pup who can rotate the strike and score pretty fast.

Yea just a question of keeping the wickets in tact. This is where we need Hayden 100 and Jaques consistency of making biggies. If we lose early wickets India's spinners could take charge.

i think the aussies are gonna win it on the 5th day

bat till tea sensibly and then go all out attack,
then give india the last few overs of the day to bat and the indians to collapse on the 5th day

You wish. It's not that simple though. India will be going into bat with a lot more confidence the second time around. It's still a very good pitch and I doubt whether it will become a minefield on day 4 and 5.

I reckon the match will be drawn. australia will have to bat pretty poorly if they are to lose. and australia will have to bowl well to win aswell

I reckon the match will be drawn. australia will have to bat pretty poorly if they are to lose. and australia will have to bowl well to win aswell

That's why this is such a great match. We're well into it and yet all 3 results are technically possible. But draw is the least likely outcome in my opinion.

I rule out a draw purely because both teams will push hard from here. Unless of course Australia pile on a mountain of runs which India cannot chase down.

In that case, India is more likely to go down rather than bat out day 5. You cannot bat defensively and hope to survive 100 or so overs.

That's why this is such a great match. We're well into it and yet all 3 results are technically possible. But draw is the least likely outcome in my opinion.

I rule out a draw purely because both teams will push hard from here. Unless of course Australia pile on a mountain of runs which India cannot chase down.

In that case, India is more likely to go down rather than bat out day 5. You cannot bat defensively and hope to survive 100 or so overs.

Yeah, this game is turning out to be a ripper, probably the best looking test so far of the summer and probably the best test we will see this summer at the end of day 3.

Forgot about the bowling side of things for us, this is where we will miss Warne and McGrath. Our bowling attack has been tested for the first time and went to concede 500+ runs, even if we set a good total it's going to take a really good spell from someone for us to get 10 wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread