India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, even if Australia score 360 runs tomorrow, they'll only 300 runs ahead going into the fifth day. So unless India do something really stupid and leak a lot of runs, I doubt they're going to lose this match (confidence, eh :p ). Hayden is the key man for me; he looks unbeatable. If we get him out early I reckon we've got a chance. Lot of work for Kumble and Bhajji tomorrow.

India won't want to chase more than 250 because they won't.

I heard Sachin was plumb LBW early in his innings? I haven't seen it yet but interesting.

Last edited:
This pitch seems to crack alot on the 5th day and will be a mine field. If aus do get 300+ runs it will be good considering the highest ever target chased by the opposition is a little under 200 and then by Aus its over 250.

I think in my opinion that India have the upper hand because of the pitch, it is suited to spin and we have Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh, whereas Australia only have Brad Hogg. Obviously the first session is the most ipmortant and will determine the outcome of the match.

Yep if the spinners dont rip through our batsmen i expect a lead of atleast 300 an then depending how much time at end of day is left will be hoping to get 10 overs of bowling at india.

Trouble is i dont like our chances of bowling them out on day 5 because all they need to do is see off lee wait for him to finish his spells an the other bowlers wont cause them much trouble.

its a tough one too call. great day for india. i am not that happy that yuvraj and dhoni did not contribute alot. excellent innings by tendulkar and also great work by ganguly and harbhajan. its a real tight one. i dont think india would want to chase anything over 200+ that would mean indian got to bowl them out for 269 which is possible the way india have been bowling at times but can they do it. its a tight one to call. on the other hand australia can score such a good rate like they did in their first innings then india will be on the back foot. too tight to call but should be good. come on india i hope you can do it.

Tbh, I won't mind if India are chasing anything around 280 on the last day. I think the Aussie bowling attack isn't looking very threatening atm, apart from Lee. The Indian batsmen are in good form and are scoring quickly on this pitch. If Australia get bowled out for about 330, it'll be an awesome finale.

280 seems a bit too much. you cant say all of the indian batsmen are on form. jaffer has not perform also dhoni and yuivraj have not. dravid looking very cautios but i dont mind that if he gets runs am fine with that.

Sachin, Sourav, Dravid, Laxman, Harbhajan have changed the smell of the match. Simple and straight calculation. The team who will perform tomorrow will win this match. I think india's target should be to restrict Australia in a score less than 300.

hmm i agree its almost a replica of the AMAZING ADELAIDE test in the ashes series.

Or the AMAZING ADELAIDE test of the 2003-04 Border Gavaskar series which India won. The problem is who`ll do a Agarkar here ?

The pitch has not started cracking too much. It should have by the end of the day's play today, but it hasnt. So I feel 250 will be chaseable though a bit challenging, and 300 will be very challenging and anything over it will be a mountain to climb. India need to restrict Australia to a lead of 250 and then look to chase it down (its possible). Seeing the way Australia bats, that will leave India with a day and an hour in Day 4 to bat to chase it down.

Our batsmen are now in very good frame of mind after such a huge score of 532. I feel this test match will turn out to be very exciting if both the teams keep up the display that they have shown so far. I am worried about India because they could drop guard and lose the plot (they are prone to doing it). I wish for an Indian victory that would make the series damn interesting (would give us big confidence for the nasty Perth).

hmmm two more days to go,has been a great test so far and the indians have shown that they will stand up and put up a fight against all odds(alteast according to the aussies and the neutrals here).Lets hops india keep at it and make every indian proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread