India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is no proof in audio, I am faing to believe this, unless Harbhajan himself makes an announcement that he was being racist.

He is innocent until the decision from the hearing is released. Ricky Ponting essentially whined to the umpires, who decided to register his complaint with Proctor.

He is innocent until the decision from the hearing is released. Ricky Ponting essentially whined to the umpires, who decided to register his complaint with Proctor.

Well in the thread "Indians hit by racist chants" none of you said anything like that, it was all in defence of the Indians, even though you heard nothing of that. Stop being bias guys, if you are going to be bias you are honestly better of not taking part in the debate about this, because it will go nowhere.

Sunil Gavaskar made a valid point he said "What happened to the Australian saying of 'what happens on the field, stays on the field'?" Well Andrew Symonds didn't make an official complaint in India about the monkey chants, and Michael Slater just conformed Harbajhan said "monkey" to Andrew Symonds in India. (Which by the way, I don't think it is racist at all, but meh..)

Okay, so there so no official complaint made by the Aussies, then something came back up yesterday about the previous issue, and Harbajhan looks to have been baited by the Aussies slightly (maybe from a sledge?) and said something bad to the Australians. Now, I think that was 'monkey' once again, and Ponting's thought "well, this happened in India, it's gone too far, it's offensive and THIS time a complaint needs to be made".

Last edited:
Or maybe he didn't say anything of the sort and his retort was pretty benign. That's the point. At this stage, none of us know what was said, so it doesn't make sense to rush to judgments.

Besides, I'm not speaking for anybody. I don't know why you're grouping all the Indians together, as if we speak with one voice and one view.

Looks like rain will play a part in these last two days. If so, it will be some sort of a dampener.

Unusually slow start by the Aussies.

yeah very strange start from Australia, although Jaques is starting to play some good shots.

Horrible captaincy! The bowlers bowling at the wrong ends, Ishant not being able to bowl to his field, over attacking with a packed off side field. We badly need a wicket before the deficit is wiped off.

I don't see much guile in this sort of field setting. The offside is so stacked as to offer no temptation. I know they like to play shots, but any sane person is going to attack the point of least resistance.

Hayden and Jaques are starting to play there shots now. Some more boundaries are being recorded. Australia need these two to form a big solid partnership.

No wicket so far, and both the batsmen look so solid. Very ominous signs for India here

Edit: Oh wow! Jaques OUT! A breakthough! Chak De India! Come on!

Harbhajan's bunny is in now. I can't see Ponting lasting very long. ;)

Business has now got interesting, Ponting will want to make a 100 today seeing as Harbhajan might be gone for the rest of the series after this match.

Damn, it is too late to take out the smiley and claim my brilliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread