India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The damm ball is wet. It will not swing, not seam and will even not turn. Merry time for batsmen. Even McGrath would have got 50 now.

I think the rain has flattened out the pitch as well. But really Bhajji was getting plenty of assistance, turn and bounce even before the rain and he wasn't as effective as he could have been...

It's a problem he has bowling to the left handers which he hasn't sorted out even after a long time in his career. But to be fair on him, he was unlucky that the couple of edges he got did not carry to Dravid.

He is getting better, but in Perth I doubt whether he could be a force...

Australia is the team that is playing this game. India seem to have given up. Kumble is bowling wide off the stumps, and Harbhajan is a bit better but not good enough to look like taking a wicket.

Australia are being asked to do the actions here. A wicket will help in getting India back some confidence, but that doesnt look likely at all. If Ponting sets 300, I still think India should go for the chase because apart from a few deliveries, the wicket isnt exactly playing lot of tricks, and Australia dont have spinners of the calibre of Harbhajan and Kumble. So 300 should be chaseable if India decide to. If Australia go for 350 (they need 180 more), it will take up some time for them leaving India a better chance to draw the game.

I think the rain has flattened out the pitch as well. But really Bhajji was getting plenty of assistance, turn and bounce even before the rain and he wasn't as effective as he could have been...

It's a problem he has bowling to the left handers which he hasn't sorted out even after a long time in his career. But to be fair on him, he was unlucky that the couple of edges he got did not carry to Dravid.

He is getting better, but in Perth I doubt whether he could be a force...

Monty got 5 wickets in Perth last Ashes. But maybe it will be traditional perth wicket for Indians. Somehow India need to get away with draw here.

Australia is the team that is playing this game. India seem to have given up. Kumble is bowling wide off the stumps, and Harbhajan is a bit better but not good enough to look like taking a wicket.

Australia are being asked to do the actions here. A wicket will help in getting India back some confidence, but that doesnt look likely at all. If Ponting sets 300, I still think India should go for the chase because apart from a few deliveries, the wicket isnt exactly playing lot of tricks, and Australia dont have spinners of the calibre of Harbhajan and Kumble. So 300 should be chaseable if India decide to. If Australia go for 350 (they need 180 more), it will take up some time for them leaving India a better chance to draw the game.

Well if you're asked to get 13-14 wickets instead of 10 in every innings, any bowling side would be down. Once again a plumb LBW was turned down (Kumble to Hussey) and another edge down the leg side was missed by Benson. Yes, Kumble does seem to give up a lot earlier than other captains.

India must believe in their chances to win, otherwise they will lose. A draw still seems unlikely, but with more rains tomorrow, it might just be the only result.

Well if you're asked to get 13-14 wickets instead of 10 in every innings, any bowling side would be down. Once again a plumb LBW was turned down (Kumble to Hussey) and another edge down the leg side was missed by Benson. Yes, Kumble does seem to give up a lot earlier than other captains.

India must believe in their chances to win, otherwise they will lose. A draw still seems unlikely, but with more rains tomorrow, it might just be the only result.

India should stop appealing to these umpires.

Kumble is much like Tendulkar that he wants everyone to perform at his intensity but actually it does not happen and you loose cool.

India should stop appealing to these umpires.

Kumble is much like Tendulkar that he wants everyone to perform at his intensity but actually it does not happen and you loose cool.

Kumble displays his frustration far more than many other Indian captains. Got to display that less.

I agree with harish. Its very tough when you have to pick 15 wickets per innings.

Edit: Hayden GONE! Can this do something?

Oh what has Clarke done. He's having an absolute shocker.

Symonds will need to work his way in before he starts thinking big.

if india win despite all these decisions it will be an awesome victory. The best ever in history. after chasing a total of 463 in the first innings...

I still think 250-300 is chaseable provided the wicket stays as flat as it is. Only Brett Lee is the threat in the Aussie attack at the moment.

Two quick wickets by Jumbo.

Funny Clarke stood at crease after hitting cover off the ball. He was thinking that Bucknor will do favour to him now.

He almost looked confused. Everything seemed to have went at such a fast pace. And that hat-trick ball looked so close to out.

Oh that's disappointing, I wanted to see that given.

That was a ripper of a hat trick ball. It was high.

Bhajji to Symonds?

Roy is and now we can forget getting him out. Lets concentrate on Hussey and hope hes run out of his luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread