India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect the unexpected.
I would go in with India as far as Vbookie for the 3rd Test is concerned.

Harbhajan will not play.
Strong chance of Pankaj Singh making his debut.He is 6'5,which says a lot.
Else Pathan might get a look in.I'd really like Pankaj to have a go,atleast at Perth.

Anyway, dont see a result happening here unless India collapse, which would only ever happen if we had Warney, oh how i miss good ol' Shane.
Having Warne would actually increase India's probability of winning.

I dont get it.
Why is the BCCI not complaining ?

Benson-okay,this is the first test wherein he has committed blunders.
Bucknor-well he is well past the retirement age.

Maybe he should try FIFA for the South Africa Final 2010.
The umpires were decided before the series started. India have cried themselves hoarse with regards to Bucknor so it is quite clear that the ICC, like Bucknor, seems to lack a decent pair of eardrums.

Last edited:
Oh for goodness will you two stop it! You're still acting like India are worse off than any other country when Bucknor umpires and to be honest, you're worse than a broken record.

No,well,i have long maintained the view that all umpirers need to retire at 58.
Bucknor is 62.
But,as you say-I will stop it. !
:happy

Oh for goodness will you two stop it! You're still acting like India are worse off than any other country when Bucknor umpires and to be honest, you're worse than a broken record.
How about the argument that the umpiring in general has been ****-poor? You and others seem to ignore that point completely and immediately categorize any umpire-related post by an Indian supporter as "Indian-blaming-performance-on-umpire"? There have been plenty of Indian supporters, one of them me, who have been amazed at the generally pathetic performance of the umpires in this game. Given Bucknor's track record in the past (most of which have coincidentally happened in series' involving India), do you disagree that the ICC should question his ability at the highest level?

No,well,i have long maintained the view that all umpirers need to retire at 58.
Bucknor is 62.
But,as you say-I will stop it. !
:happy

I agree he's past, I agree he shouldn't be umpiring. What's getting on my nerves are (what is now a very small number from what I've seen on here in the last couple of days) Indian fans moaning like hell that you're somehow worse off than everyone else when he umpires.

How about the argument that the umpiring in general has been ****-poor? You and others seem to ignore that point completely and immediately categorize any umpire-related post by an Indian supporter as "Indian-blaming-performance-on-umpire"? There have been plenty of Indian supporters, one of them me, who have been amazed at the generally pathetic performance of the umpires in this game. Given Bucknor's track record in the past (most of which have coincidentally happened in series' involving India), do you disagree that the ICC should question his ability at the highest level?

I don't disagree, it's as I just said, a small number of Indian fans who are still flogging the hard done by story.

Yeah,well,just switch on any news channel and the Aussies will come to how the ppl in India treat Bucknor.

If India were to somehow lose this Test,I would'nt be surprised if the fans burn effigies of Bucknor and Benson.

If India were to somehow lose this Test,I would'nt be surprised if the fans burn effigies of Bucknor and Benson.
And I'm sure much of the global audience will think that every Indian, or a significant amount, will have gone out of their way on a normal day to participate in it, like every time effigies have been burned. I have actually never seen an effigy being burned, which suggests strongly to me that it is only done in places where news cameras are.

And I'm sure much of the global audience will think that every Indian, or a significant amount, will have gone out of their way on a normal day to participate in it, like every time effigies have been burned. I have actually never seen an effigy being burned, which suggests strongly to me that it is only done in places where news cameras are.

Neither have I seen it myself.
And I believe that the news channels are the ones who might be actually providing the crowds with effigies.
Well,its getting away from the original topic though.

Great partnership by Huss and Hayden as I predicted they were the best two for the situation we were in. I suspect we will blast off tomorrow morning get about 300 runs lead and then go for a miracle.

Its not going to be easy for the two teams.
Australia,will have to give India some target to chase and then try and bowl them out.
India,on the other hand,will be playing on a fifth day track,trying to go for a win.

India wont go for the win (knowing Kumble). If Australia set a target of 300 or above (which is the most likely!), India WONT GO FOR THE WIN! And they will lose.

The only option for India is to bowl out Australia soon enough now and set up a target of 260-270. That would urge them to go for it. But Australia have the only chance of winning it

I've seen wins come out of a lot worse situations than this mate.

P.S I am assuming you mean 'now' by 'know'? I hope so, because if you seriously do mean know, well my reply then looks really silly.

Absolutely. I feel the final day could have some more twists in the offing. Its India vs Australia and the sight of the other team always brings out the best in both the teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread