India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
India wont go for the win (knowing Kumble). If Australia set a target of 300 or above (which is the most likely!), India WONT GO FOR THE WIN! And they will lose.

The only option for India is to bowl out Australia soon enough now and set up a target of 260-270. That would urge them to go for it. But Australia have the only chance of winning it

Absolutely. I feel the final day could have some more twists in the offing. Its India vs Australia and the sight of the other team always brings out the best in both the teams.

We must still try and go for wickets when play resumes tomorrow.
Wickets will do two things to the game, it`ll bring in a chance of India bowling Australia out and if that does not happen, it`ll bring the runrate down and reduce the overs India will have to play out.

Wickets are thus the key to the game tomorrow. If we are set 270-300, we must start off going for a win rather than trying to block it out but knowing Jaffer and Dravid, they`ll do the latter. We are`nt good at playing defensively for a draw.
Hence, it makes sense for Australia to set India 300-320 in around 78 overs.
That leaves them about 20 overs to get about a 100 runs which won`t be easy against the spinners and the new ball. There in lies out chance of getting wickets.

Should be a fascinating day unless the Indian side that turned up at Melbourne decides to turn up.

Great partnership by Huss and Hayden as I predicted they were the best two for the situation we were in. I suspect we will blast off tomorrow morning get about 300 runs lead and then go for a miracle.

It would not be a miracle if you bowl India out in 70 overs. Trust me, we are not great at playing out draws.

Last edited:
The only way there will be a result in this match would be if Australia play T20cricket for 20 overs and then bowl out India in 70 overs which is very much possible. Or if india bowl out Australia for 300-odd and then chase it down which is not so likely...

300 would be a breeze if we had Sehwag, Karthik, Irfan, and the people who should have played playing.
We can not have Jaffer open with Dravid. Too Slow!
Laxman and Dhoni sent to face the new ball? Dhoni is not in the best form of his life...Tendulkar?

Nah Harbhajan and Tendulkar facing the new ball, then we'll stroll towards the target ;)

I think Dravid and Jaffer would know that runs need to come quickly, therefore they's speed up their game for the sake of the team. And then they should send Dhoni, Laxman, Ganguly and Yuvraj in, in that order. But of course Dhoni and Yuvraj arent in great form...

I would send Tendulkar to open with Jaffer and ask him to think as if its an ODI and play the innings, and push Dravid down to No.5 or No.6, having all the strokemakers above him. This would be my tactic if India needs to win.

I would send Tendulkar to open with Jaffer and ask him to think as if its an ODI and play the innings, and push Dravid down to No.5 or No.6, having all the strokemakers above him. This would be my tactic if India needs to win.

I agree, India just can't play the test match way (leave balls outside offstump and put away balls on the pads), they need to play as if they're play an ODI. Jaffer needs to get back to his old self and play attacking cricket, Tendulkar plays attacking cricket anyway and Dhoni and Yuvraj will have a big part to play if India are to win this.

Although IMO, Australia will declare late and it will be a boring draw...:noway

I agree, India just can't play the test match way (leave balls outside offstump and put away balls on the pads), they need to play as if they're play an ODI. Jaffer needs to get back to his old self and play attacking cricket, Tendulkar plays attacking cricket anyway and Dhoni and Yuvraj will have a big part to play if India are to win this.

Although IMO, Australia will declare late and it will be a boring draw...:noway

There is still a lot of cricket to be played. Wait for it to unfold.
Either way, I feel this could be a classic.

There is still a lot of cricket to be played. Wait for it to unfold.
Either way, I feel this could be a classic.

Well I though the recent Kolkota and Bangalore tests were going to be classics ;) .....

I really can't see India going for a win. I'm 100% sure that Jaffer and Dravid will open and the WILL play cautiously. They'll have "go" only when they're completely confident that they won't lose. So, unless they're 100/1 or similar, they won't be looking to go for the win.

Two results that I can see, unless India gets these last 6 wickets for 30-40 odd. India have a tendency to collapse and that is very much a possibility. And if the Australians lose early wickets, they may prefer to draw as well.

We have no one who can get us off to a positive start. Dravid has only got one good knock behind him and he would not want to be over-aggressive. Jaffer has failed 3 times and he would want to ensure his selection with a biggish score rather than play for the team's cause. Then we have Laxman, Tendulkar and Ganguly who are basically the guys who can get a freak result out of the game. Yuvraj and Dhoni might as well make way for 2 more bowlers because they haven't contributed anything with the bat.

Oh, and Ponting is Bhajji's bunny. :)

Oh, and Ponting is Bhajji's bunny.
Amen!

I hope India get a few wickets. It'll really spice up the game. I don't think India will be looking for a win at all, whatever the score (Aussies aren't really gonna get bowled out for a lead of under 250). A really sporting declaration could also do the trick. However, I fear India are gonna lose this.

Australia need to declare really quickly. If they go out there and bat normally for an hour I'd be annoyed. Surely, they have to smash the ball around and then declare as soon as possible.

showers are predicted for later in the day,so a draw is the most likely result.

the pitch is spitting and turning but pretty well played so far by the aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread