India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Hussey - another hundred.
He now has Hundreds at every major Australian venue. He is a machine.

If Australia post a lead of 310-30 and India go out there and bat for the draw that could well be their undoing. Batting in a negative mindset is never good.

Nothing worse then being in the city and not allowed to go to the game the day your favourite player makes a century.

What are Australia doing? Just whack 50 more runs on the board and declare!

Yeah, Symmo and Huss should go for it. If they get out Gilly will make 10, Hogg will smash a few then the bowlers will throw the bat for a while.

Nothing worse then being in the city and not allowed to go to the game the day your favourite player makes a century.

What are Australia doing? Just whack 50 more runs on the board and declare!

Exactly! I hate the way Ponting does this.I knew this would happen.

It isn't that hard, I'm sure if they start playing there shots they will end up with 50 runs.

I am having a feeling that Ponting is flustered by India's batting display in the first innings, and isnt sure of what target to set for them. Even though India are not good going for the draw or chasing in the 4th innings, to me he seems to be trying to be careful. Both these batters are not taking any urgency measures and the scoring rate is moving at regular test match pace.

I feel India are also bowling well and tight to deny easy hits. I feel India could draw it here if they are set a big target (if it comes to one!). One or two balls spite off the pitch but nothing great. May be the rain has affected the true nature of a Day 4 & Day 5 pitch.

the australian approach is surprising considering the weather isnt the predictable.

300 would be a good target here, but Ponting might choose to let the lead grow to 350.

That's good. India might as well throw up a few pies to make Ponting declare quicker. There's no point in trying to bowl them out now.

Here we go, Australia are going for it now.

Both dont look like getting out. I feel there is not much that the wicket is doing (other than a few deliveries that surprised the two AUSTRALIANS out there!). Attacking cricket is also tough as that leads to wickets.

So surprising tactics by Ponting. If he wants to win, he should declare now. Thats what I feel (unless India decide to put up a pathetic batting performance).

Looking good for Australia now, 300 is a very decent total already, especially when you usually would be happy scoring 300 in a full day. Going to be tough for India to get up over Australia now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread