India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I hate Mitchell Johnson, I've never liked him, even when he was getting 5 fers in the Champions Trophy I never thought he was that good. His first over just sums up why I don't like him.

Bring in Tait!

I am not worrying at all about Jaffer's wicket because he has been sorted out. All his runs against Pakistan were on "below the knee" wickets where its easy to hit through the line on either foot.

Dravid looked positive, and Laxman looked positive. Its going to be a good session coming up next. Obviously will decide the match. I would be happy with a draw here, though I want India to go for the win. If they play like an ODI, they have a better chance of drawing than if they played like a test.

You obviously don't know much about cricket if you think that is a fail mate.

Should be good here. Be interesting to see how they go about batting. Edge first ball!

I have been following cricket intensly for more than 10 yrs mate. A world class batsman (considered a legend!) not middling the ball well is a failure for me irrespective of what the situation in which he played.

And the first ball where Dravid scored a 3 was not an edge. It was a deliberate shot where Dravid opened the face off the bat.

Last edited:
Definitely if we are going for a all over the place bowler it should be Tait, he has shown in FC that he can rip teams apart when he gets it right. If Hilfy wasn't in a dip of form I would go him as he too has ripped teams apart.

Jaffer sucks lawl.

People want to give him one more chance and that too in all of all places, PERTH! My gosh!

I would say bring Sehwag in for Jaffer and let Sehwag open with Dravid who can be retained at that position. Laxman is doing extremely well at No.3 and if Dravid is relieved of the opener's slot, I dont think the team will push him down to No. 6 which will then mean Laxman loses that spot (of one down). Have an aggressor at the other end and let Dravid remain at that opening spot. Once we are back to India, our opening combination needs serious work. We shouldnt go by what these openers score on flat subcontinental wickets (for that matter, not only openers but all batsman).

I have been following cricket intensly for more than 10 yrs mate. A world class batsman (considered a legend!) not middling the ball well is a failure for me irrespective of what the situation in which he played.

And the first ball where Dravid scored a 3 was not an edge. It was a deliberate shot where Dravid opened the face off the bat.

Wow, yet you still haven't grasped the idea of what Gilchrist was doing. Ponting told him to go out after everything, didn't you see the first ball he faced? I don't like people going "OHHH THAT IS A FAILURE", it just shows they don't understand what Gilchrist was trying to do then. No one cared he got out, even he didn't he ran off the field.

And that was an edge, Dravid was shacking his head and practiced the shot three times over. If he is deliberately opening the face to gully infront of a 3 slip cordin, against a new ball and two gullys in the FIRST OVER, he is an idiot and that is worse than edging the ball. So if what you are saying is true, you are making him sound worse, hell he almost was caught, didn't you see Clarke's face?

People want to give him one more chance and that too in all of all places, PERTH! My gosh!

I would say bring Sehwag in for Jaffer and let Sehwag open with Dravid who can be retained at that position. Laxman is doing extremely well at No.3 and if Dravid is relieved of the opener's slot, I dont think the team will push him down to No. 6 which will then mean Laxman loses that spot (of one down). Have an aggressor at the other end and let Dravid remain at that opening spot. Once we are back to India, our opening combination needs serious work. We shouldnt go by what these openers score on flat subcontinental wickets (for that matter, not only openers but all batsman).

You have to stick with Jaffer. He has proven he is a good player on previous occasions. Don't bring him in for Sehwag who has had plenty of chances and failed. Stick with Jaffer because he has proven that he can play since he has 2 test double hundreds. I feel he can come good.

I would suggest that Sehwag's two double hundreds and one triple hundred suggests that he can also play though. If a batsman is out of form he should be dropped in my view. Jaffer can't buy a run so why not give someone else a go, whether it be Sehwag or Karthik.

I am not worrying at all about Jaffer's wicket because he has been sorted out. All his runs against Pakistan were on "below the knee" wickets where its easy to hit through the line on either foot.

Jaffer has big problems. He stands like a tree stump stuck to the crease. Never once moved forward even to almost half volleys. It is just a matter of time before he is going to edge to the slips or out LBW. He was bowled off a full toss/yorker last time. I do not think that he is going to recover in this series. Sehwag should play. He may also get out but at least he would attack. It is possible that he may get going. His average in tests is very good. It is about 49.5 which is much better than Jaffer, Karthik, Ganguly, Yuvraj and even Laxman. The South Africa Test series was the bad series he had but there too he scored some runs coming down the order. He got dropped after that and never got a chance. People getting confused with his one day form with that of the tests. He was made the fall guy for the world-cup fiasco by Vengsarkar, where he got more runs than most others in the team.

Jaffer has big problems. He stands like a tree stump stuck to the crease. Never once moved forward even to almost half volleys. It is just a matter of time before he is going to edge to the slips or out LBW. He was bowled off a full toss/yorker last time. I do not think that he is going to recover in this series. Sehwag should play. He may also get out but at least he would attack.

The odds on Sehwag not doing worser than Jaffer's scores like 3 and 0 are very high (almost 100%). Sehwag will at least get 10-20 runs before he gets out. Whats Jaffer done (not directed to you, but to those who are defending him)?

Good attitude by Laxman again. Looking very positive and scoring the boundaries when given the chance. Dravid can even more stonewall at the other end now with no pressure on him to score.

The odds on Sehwag not doing worser than Jaffer's scores like 3 and 0 are very high (almost 100%). Sehwag will at least get 10-20 runs before he gets out. Whats Jaffer done (not directed to you, but to those who are defending him)?

Good attitude by Laxman again. Looking very positive and scoring the boundaries when given the chance. Dravid can even more stonewall at the other end now with no pressure on him to score.

:hpraise

Jokes aside, I don't believe Sehwag is good enough, and I think he'd get out very early due to his lack of foot movement, but who knows. I certainly would rather watch Sehwag, he at least is entertaining.

Good stuff by Clark got the danger man Laxman out, now another 2 and then the wall and we have a chance. This is Hogg big chance we really need him to have any chance on this wicket.

Wow what a standing ovation for Tendulkar coming out for probably the last time at Sydney in which he scored a hundred as a 17 year old there and regarded as one of the finest knocks ever seen. Just hope we can see one more from him from a neutral point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread