India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
there were a few against Australia too

1) Ponting lbw when he smashed it (he was out beforehand I know)
2) Laxman lbw against Hogg first innings
3) Sachin lbw against Clarke first innings
4) Dhoni caught by ponting

Laxman was never out to Hogg.
Sachin dismissal you talk i never watched on screen.
dhoni was not out cos ball hit ground mate.
So in all fareness it 2 against 8. Very good if you are an Aussie. Admit it Australia did not desrve to win at all.

Yes. Because it's a fact that the Australian media is going all out to tarnish the Indians image...

I don't really give a damn whether I look a fool or not. This is my emotions speaking here...

I am a damn proud Indian...

I accept this defeat, but the tarnishing campaign started by the Australian media against Harbhajan and the Indian team was completely out of order...

The media dont care about India, why are you so uptight about thinking there gonna slam you guys?? I watched the news and nothing bad was mentioned about India.

OUR NEWS EVEN COMPLIMENTED YOUR TEAM

And i fully respect your passion for your country, but please, put things in perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Because it's a fact that the Australian media is going all out to tarnish the Indians image...

I don't really give a damn whether I look a fool or not. This is my emotions speaking here...

I am a damn proud Indian...

I accept this defeat, but the tarnishing campaign started by the Australian media against Harbhajan and the Indian team was completely out of order...

We are proud Austalians as you are indians, therefore we dont accept your rubbish about blaming the media, umpires, lets forfit matches etc.
You lost end of.... you shoud be proud your team can so close to holding the match.

What the hell? I have said there were some bad decisions against BOTH TEAMS. But you people are to narrow minded to see it!!!! If we lost, we would say the umpiring was bad, but we woulndt say rubbish such as "boycott series" "sack umpires "David Hookes dying is funny" "the game should be unofficial"

I dont Indian people relise that cricket in Australia isnt THAT big unlike thiers...

Ofcourse cricket in Australia isnt big compared to that in India.

But the number of bad decisions against India =7 or 8
And those agianst Australia = 3 ?

And please explain where does 'David Hookes death' come into the picture.
If we start on all that,you might be required to close the thread,else rename it - India v Australia , the Virtual PC Seres. :p

What the hell? I have said there were some bad decisions against BOTH TEAMS. But you people are to narrow minded to see it!!!! If we lost, we would say the umpiring was bad, but we woulndt say rubbish such as "boycott series" "sack umpires "David Hookes dying is funny" "the game should be unofficial"

I dont Indian people relise that cricket in Australia isnt THAT big unlike thiers...

There were not so many against Australia in this match.

Even so, it's not worth talking about now. I am just upset at the Indians' loss. Definitely hurting me, as it should every Indian fan.

Do you realize how much we Indian fans have been affected in the last four days over all these race controversies and the umpiring decisions?

No I dont' think we need much of a makeover. We aren't good on final day pitches. We can't really win in those situations. As has been seen, our bowling is solid, and our batting is good when the big 4 come into play. We need all four to fire in order to rack up a good score.

Concerning the decisions, I think this is a pretty fair and balanced article written by Peter English (Cricinfo's Aussie correspondant.)

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/329392.html?CMP=ILC-DIR

I thought this section was very good, and pertaining to the discussion at hand:

cricinfo said:
In the same session he had to deal with Michael Clarke's low catch off Sourav Ganguly, who stood with hand on hip as he waited for a decision. Of course the Australians raced to the fielder and swamped him. They were certain it was out, but Benson wasn't sure. He looked to Bucknor at square leg and then walked down the pitch and asked Ponting what he thought. "He caught it," Ponting seemed to say and put his finger up. Benson did the same.

Fortunately for Ponting, who gained credibility for the decision by refusing to accept a low catch in the first innings, the replays did not show the ball falling short. Typically, they also could not clear all doubt from the take. Ponting's noble request for all teams to have an honesty system for these incidents has been rejected by the rest of the world - he had a small victory before this series when Kumble agreed the captains would have the final say on contentious catches - and they must have squirmed when they saw Ponting relaying the message to the umpire.

Australians see catching differently to appealing and walking. They say it's up to the umpire to decide on edges and lbws, but when it comes to knowing whether a ball has carried, the fielder is the best person to judge. What they miss is that both arguments are about telling the truth. Why should Clarke be trusted to rule on a potentially match-turning catch when he stayed at the crease on day four after edging a ball to first slip?

One of Gilchrist's finest traits is he walks whenever he gets an edge, and claims to appeal only if he's sure the batsman has got a nick. Apart from Dravid, Gilchrist was the best-positioned player to know what Symonds' delivery had touched. It was definitely not bat or glove. Gilchrist also did not see the puff of dust from the ball bouncing after Dhoni hit it into his leg before ricocheting back to the wicketkeeper, who appealed with his team-mates for a catch. It was an easy decision for Bruce Oxenford, the television umpire

Australia played good cricket too, along with the luck. I don't think a team ever deserves to lose when the umpiring decisions have that much bearing on the match. A lot of those decisions would have changed he game greatly. Infact, had the first Symons one been correct, the other 7 odd bad ones may have never happened since the circumstances would have been so different.

84792.jpg

84791.jpg

I think I know what Pup said there. ;) F*ck yeah if you didn't know.

Laxman was never out to Hogg.
Sachin dismissal you talk i never watched on screen.
dhoni was not out cos ball hit ground mate.
So in all fareness it 2 against 8. Very good if you are an Aussie. Admit it Australia did not desrve to win at all.

You know that Sachin dismissal was big, even if Australia were bowled out for 200 then India would've been gone for around 300 because they would've run out of partners. Australia would've steadied the innings on late day 2. That could've really changed the game.

The media dont care about India, why are you so uptight about thinking there gonna slam you guys?? I watched the news and nothing bad was mentioned about India.

OUR NEWS EVEN ****ING COMPLIMENTED YOUR TEAM

And i fully respect your passion for your country, but please, put things in perspective.

It was reported in the Indian papers that the Australian newspapers have already branded the Indians racist and that the team was selected on the basis of caste, which is clearly outrageous.

That's why I am so heated up here. The loss I can handle. But insinuations against the Indian team is just unsportsmanlike.

We are proud Austalians as you are indians, therefore we dont accept your rubbish about blaming the media, umpires, lets forfit matches etc.
You lost end of.... you shoud be proud your team can so close to holding the match.

We definately are proud of our team.
We also respect your team.It has been a great match.
But i actually hurts to lose after coming so close in a match against one of the best in the world,due to certain reasons that were beyond your control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread