• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Michael Clarke
Stuart Clark

I don't know who dadi is anyway.

That was out anyway. Clarke had control of the ball when it touched the ground.

Oh... how did you exactly Knew he was out? Clarke did'nt have controll over his body as he was still completing his dive and in the process the ball touched ground quite clearly. Might even've bounced before he caught it as shown by a particular angle.

I think the ICC should seriously think of removing the neutral element.
Add Simon Taufel and Aleem Dar.Best umpires in the World.

And .Mob,they have already started.

Thats a disgrace and nothing to be proud of.... this is why a lot of people sterotypicaly think Indian fans are nutters, throught these actions

As if it will be unoffical! CA dont care if you guys forfeit because you sore losers. Your not passionate Indians, your just sore losers.

Yeah we are sore loosers but you are also not great winners either. Whtas with the celebration at end. India had to take 25 Australian wickets in match and still 3 were left in bank.

A proud day for Australia

A proud day for Australia.

The 5th and Final Day of the 2nd Test between Australia and India. With Australia posting a huge score in the 1st Innings, a score of 463, with Andrew Symonds getting Australia back on track. Australia were in real trouble being 5/113 before Andrew Symonds came to the crease. Adam Gilchrist couldn't trouble the scorers either only making 7, and in came Bradley Hogg.
Hogg never making a Test 50 before, played some wonderful shots. Timed the ball beautifully out of the middle of the bat, and his some exellent boundaries.
He and Symonds put on a team boosting partnership. Brad Hogg went out for 79 after hitting 10 boundaries in his Innings. Andrew Symonds was very watchful at the start of his Innings. But then let loose when Brett Lee came to the crease.
The Right arm quick bowler for Australia, made 59, a very handy one for Australia. That was Lee's 4th Test Half Century.
Young Mitchell Johnson came to the crease after the wicket of Lee, and he scored quickly. 28 runs from 29 balls, including 5 boundaries was a great sign for Australia.
Loooking knocked out in the 1st Innings, Australia fought hard, thanks to Symonds and the tail end to post a total score of 463.

India, after a very poor start to the Series, in Melbourne, came out and looked poor again. Jaffer was slow in his start, and only getting 3 runs before he was sent back to the pavillion by Lee who bowled superbly.
The Innings was set up by VVS Laxman who made a Test Century. 109 from the number 3 batsmen was a highlight of his career. 18 Boundaries to go with the 109 he made, which was his 12th Test 100.
But he was outshined by Sachin Tendulkar. A veteran of the game, and arguably one of the best batsmen ever, made another Test Century at the SCG. Sachin loves playing at the SCG, and it might of been the last time he'll play on this ground, so he was making the most of the oppourtunity. Sachin made 154 and being not out at the end of the Indian Innings, who posted a total of 532 for Australia to rise to the challenege.

The Last 2 days of the Series would turn out to be a cracker. Matthew Hayden and Michael Hussey gave Australia a commanding lead coming into the last day with both Hayden and Hussey making centuries in the 2nd Innings. Hayden 123, and Hussey 145 turned the game towards the Australian's. Ponting had to declare, to try and win this Test Match. So all things came down to the Indian batting line-up.
There weren't many standouts by the Indian's this time around. Just alot of good starts, but nothing to get really excited about. It was a long afternoon of cricket. Play didn't really finish until about 7 o'clock Sydney time.
It was a close finish to the Test.

India were only 10 minutes away from the close of play. They needed to survive 10 minutes to make it a draw and have it being only 1-0 down to the Aussies going into the Perth Test. Australia needed 3 wickets in 10 minutes to win the match, and it was looking highly unlickely. Ricky Ponting decided to give the ball to Michael Clarke who said he was on Punter's back to give him a ball all afternoon. Ponting didn't rush into anything. Michael Clarke provided something Australian quick bowlers couldn't. And that was quick Wickets. Harbajan Singh was his 1st man to go. Hussey took a wonderful catch and Clarke had his 1st. The next ball, he pitched a ball to RP Singh, and caught him infront of his stumps, umpire raises the finger, and Clarke had 2 in a row. Australia needing one wicket now to win the match. Clarke was going for a hatrick. The next ball was a dot ball. Nothing came from that ball. Clarke came in for the next ball and the 19 year old from India, went for the shot. Edged the ball to Michael Hussey who was at 1st slip. GAME OVER. Australia win a thriller. Australia win by 122 runs. "Michael Clarke has the Golden Touch."

By Roofrom50

Comments and Critisim wanted. thanks

It was reported in the Indian papers that the Australian newspapers have already branded the Indians racist and that the team was selected on the basis of caste, which is clearly outrageous.

That's why I am so heated up here. The loss I can handle. But insinuations against the Indian team is just unsportsmanlike.
Sorry? Please show me a link to one of our newspapers saying that? I doubt we'd say that.

To be honest, there is probably more sore winners then sore losers posting here at the moment.

Thats a disgrace and nothing to be proud of.... this is why a lot of people sterotypicaly think Indian fans are nutters, throught these actions

Believe me, we (logical Indians) hate them more than anyone else.

Get over it, we won. Your just in denial because India were in a strong position in the first few days and yous lost your chance.

You mean the umpires robbed us of the chance which is precisely our point. Oh, yes. I will keep harping on the umpiring. Take away my right to do so if you can...

Yes, don't bother calling me a sore loser or any other names. I admit that I am. I won't lose any sleep over your abuse. :p

Yeah we are sore loosers but you are also not great winners either. Whtas with the celebration at end. India had to take 25 Australian wickets in match and still 3 were left in bank.

Infact,i believ that the Aussies are sore losers-
Back to the T20 World Cup semi-final.

now,i dont want to start anything here-but thats a fact.

That's all we can do, it was beyond our control. Take away the bad umpiring decisions, and I think that we can really hit back hard next two matches. We've got a solid team here.

Sorry? Please show me a link to one of our newspapers saying that? I doubt we'd say that.

I won't. Find it yourself. I don't get your Aussie papers here. I only read our papers.

As far as the match is concerned, I am over it now. Yes, it's just a game. Yes, the Australians played well and yes, we could have probably drawn the game had luck favoured us, but it didn't.

No more point in arguing the issue.

Last edited:

OMG! The umpires made mistakes but we still played really well and you guys couldn't take control of the game. You bowled poor and we put enough pressure on you to bowl you guys out. We played great.

lol, what happened to today's game.. I missed all the actions completely. I had a 100% draw in my mind when I left the house this morning. And was suprised to see the headlines in cricinfo.

Wondering how the team which had outplayed the host in first innings failed to play less than a day's play? This is ridiculous. :laugh

Just a poor display of cricket by India. I agree that umpiring have been poor for us in first innings.. but after getting such a good lead in first innings and loosing the game have no reasons to complain other than just a very poor cricket by us. Yuvi's attempt to get test spot might now play a crucial self-damage in ODIs as well since his mental confidence is down after 4 poor innings.

An Article about this test:
Australia's attitude lacking in appeal

Peter English at the SCG

January 6, 2008

The decision that ended Rahul Dravid's resistance was one of many poor calls that went Australia's way ? Getty Images

Andrew Symonds turned in disgust and threw darts with his eyes at Steve Bucknor. Mahendra Singh Dhoni had not played a shot to Symonds' offspin and the bowler was furious even though the ball was heading over the stumps. After the umpiring perks Symonds received during the match he had nothing to complain about.

On the last ball before tea it was Ricky Ponting who could not understand why Bucknor did not agree with a similar appeal against Rahul Dravid. Ponting crouched down and muttered as if nothing ever went his team's way. In this Test, from the moment Ponting's legside edge on day one went unnoticed by Mark Benson, almost everything did.

Symonds was the most fortunate man in the game. Following his batting reprieves, he was at the centre of another crucial decision that went against India and led to them losing the match. Poor Dravid, who battled to 38, was providing a formidable obstacle when he pushed his pad forward to Symonds and hid his bat and gloves behind his front leg. A sound was heard, Adam Gilchrist caught the ball, the Australians yelled and India's comfortable position of 3 for 115 was soon to be 6 for 137.

Bucknor was swayed in a ruling that was as bad as his miss of Symonds in the first innings. Listening to the edges has obviously become more difficult, but soon a fine servant may actually hear the calls for his retirement. The decisions contributed to India losing the Test, but the visiting players shook the hands of both officials after the match. While they took their caps off and lined up, the Australians danced, jumped and whooped in a manner that would have reminded the Indians of their World Twenty20 celebrations.

The noise of Symonds' nick on 31 was so loud it could have carried to the shoppers in nearby Oxford Street. Bucknor's decision cost India 131 runs and he also refused to call for the third umpire during a close stumping when Symonds was 148. Two days later Anil Kumble missed a hat-trick when Bucknor judged a wrong'un to be going over the stumps when Symonds pushed forward. He went on to score another 61.

Most Australian players believe luck evens itself out over a career, but their long-sightedness is not shared by visiting teams. Bob Woolmer reckoned Australia received almost six times more line-ball decisions than Pakistan during the 2004-05 series, and while it sounded like an exaggeration, it does seem that the benefit of the doubt favours the home team in Australia and around the world

Umpires must feel like frontline soldiers on the final days of the Tests. Fielders crowd round the batsmen and they are shouted at every couple of balls over fantasy and non-fiction. Every country has its ways of pushing the rules and one of Australia's traditional pet hates was the amount of appealing conducted by teams from the subcontinent.

Shane Warne helped alter that view and on the final day his former team-mates were expert at trying to influence the officials with shouts at all volumes. (Despite the consistent requests, none was as ridiculous as Kumble's plea for an lbw of Brad Hogg in the first innings when the ball was struck through cover for two.) Benson was so worn down late in the afternoon that he sent a run-out call to the third umpire even though the batsman was in by a metre.

"Both arguments are about telling the truth. Why should Clarke be trusted to rule on a potentially match-turning catch when he stayed at the crease on day four after edging a ball to first slip?"

In the same session he had to deal with Michael Clarke's low catch off Sourav Ganguly, who stood with hand on hip as he waited for a decision. Of course the Australians raced to the fielder and swamped him. They were certain it was out, but Benson wasn't sure. He looked to Bucknor at square leg and then walked down the pitch and asked Ponting what he thought. "He caught it," Ponting seemed to say and put his finger up. Benson did the same.

Fortunately for Ponting, who gained credibility for the decision by refusing to accept a low catch in the first innings, the replays did not show the ball falling short. Typically, they also could not clear all doubt from the take. Ponting's noble request for all teams to have an honesty system for these incidents has been rejected by the rest of the world - he had a small victory before this series when Kumble agreed the captains would have the final say on contentious catches - and they must have squirmed when they saw Ponting relaying the message to the umpire.

Australians see catching differently to appealing and walking. They say it's up to the umpire to decide on edges and lbws, but when it comes to knowing whether a ball has carried, the fielder is the best person to judge. What they miss is that both arguments are about telling the truth. Why should Clarke be trusted to rule on a potentially match-turning catch when he stayed at the crease on day four after edging a ball to first slip?

One of Gilchrist's finest traits is he walks whenever he gets an edge, and claims to appeal only if he's sure the batsman has got a nick. Apart from Dravid, Gilchrist was the best-positioned player to know what Symonds' delivery had touched. It was definitely not bat or glove. Gilchrist also did not see the puff of dust from the ball bouncing after Dhoni hit it into his leg before ricocheting back to the wicketkeeper, who appealed with his team-mates for a catch. It was an easy decision for Bruce Oxenford, the television umpire.

Under Steve Waugh the Australians devised a Spirit of Cricket document that they swear by. They insist they play the game "hard and fair" and are shocked whenever their outlook is challenged. After emotional days like this it is hard to sympathise with their complaints.

Peter English is the Australasia editor of Cricinfo

Come off it,you think i'm proud of this ?

We can't even move outta our places for the fear of incriminating ourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread