India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't wicket, but when Symonds dropped Dravid off Johnson, it was a no-ball, which was not spotted by Benson.

Well Stop bringing it up, any team that plays in India cop the same thing.....same as in england and west indies and every other country....... so get over it.

Well since you guys love to bring things up which suit you, I don't mind bringing up facts which suit me.

Look, the debate over this match will go on long and there are more people in the media who will write about it till the cows come home... you cannot stop that. So it's better you stop responding if you don't want to read it.

In India, we have much better local umpires than guys like Mark Benson anyway.

I only responded because one post suggested that Australia would have dominated this match even without the bad umpiring. That's just not correct.

Last edited:
yeah australia will always attack and fight back. Go for win all the time. Going for a draw is for wimps. But i must admit i reckon ricky declared a tad late anyway

Why oh why can we not have Bob Willis commenting on the umpiring in this match.:)

LOL. You wish mate. Tendulkar was the main carrier for that innings, with his attack and lower order support with him. If Tendulkar were given that LBW then it would've been a lead of only around 100. Australia had full-control over their 2nd innings and pretty much gilded to 400+ while losing 4 cheap wickets. Australia would've easily set a benchmark total of 500 if those first innings decisions were actually right.

you forget laxman.
And aussies would never had controll of 2nd innings if a legside nick of hussey of RP was given.

Well, in the end, despite the string of bad luck because of some rather dodgy umpiring decisions, you have to admit that the better team over the five days won in the end. India were trying to save the game, really.

Steve Bucknor has had too many controversial decisions against India, and although till now I used to rubbish them as pure coincidence, I think, the ICC needs to probably review this. I have nothing against bad umpiring decisions, as every team will benefit and gain from it over a decent period time. But this case is slightly different.

And this test match was indeed very identical to one in Adelaide last year, where the Aussies had once again proved, that they were the better team over the entire length of the test match. This is also why I rate test matches over One day internationals and Twenty20, as it requires more consistency, and allows fewer "fluke" wins to take place.

Now all i care about is winning the next test match. Sure its a nice thought at back of my mind (possibly front) anyway im just thinking what we shall do with our sqaud.

Well since you guys love to bring things up which suit you, I don't mind bringing up facts which suit me.

Look, the debate over this match will go on long... you cannot stop that. So it's better you stop responding if you don't want to read it.

In India, we have much better local umpires than guys like Benson anyway.

Cant you just accept you lost, it was a great game of cricket and the spectators were the winners in the end.
Your the one who said you were not going to say anything else then blah blah blah blah... oh maybe its a child thing, so ill let you have the last word.....

yeah australia will always attack and fight back. Go for win all the time. Going for a draw is for wimps. But i must admit i reckon ricky declared a tad late anyway

Yes, India should have gone for a win because it was so easy chasing 333 in around 70 overs on a wearing final day track isn't it?

Yes, Kumble was a loser and a wimp. :rolleyes:

(for those with less than agile intelligence, that was SARCASM)

you forget laxman.
And aussies would never had controll of 2nd innings if a legside nick of hussey of RP was given.

So all of a sudden you're bringing every little aspect of the innings in? And do you think Hayden would've played that aggressive? Would Jaques have slogged down to Square Leg? Would Gilchrist, Symonds and Hogg try to attack the ball as if a 6 were needed on the last ball?

I wasn't implying anything with nationality, it was a sarcastic joke. Yes, he was dropped, and if I can't say that he might've won then Indians fans have no right to say they would've won. Situations would've been different, run chasing would 've been a different amount, wickets wouldn't have been taken the way they were. So unless Indian fans stop saying they could've won then I have every right to voice my opinion on the facet of the game.

What the hell?

You attempted to counter a huge mistake by the umpire by saying that Dravid won't have survived longer, so where does this Indian fans stop saying they could have won come from?

Cant you just accept you lost, it was a great game of cricket and the spectators were the winners in the end.
Your the one who said you were not going to say anything else then blah blah blah blah... oh maybe its a child thing, so ill let you have the last word.....

I brought it up only because a post suggested that Australia would have dominated the match if there had been no bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread