India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not aware, if there is an article, please show me to it.

1) Are you aware which grip Pathan has which prevents him from swinging it properly. As a left arm bowler myself, I am intrigued.

2) That is an interesting arguement. To lean back or not, that is the ethical question. On one level, weight is going back which negates the run up, but on another level, it helps you coil to create a better explosion. However, I agree with Wasim Akram that it is a way which Pathan loses pace. But be assured that he will lose some accuracy if he starts leaning back.

They should hire Wasim as a bowling consultant, he seems to really know his stuff.

Star Cricket showed it LIVE yesterday during the post tea session. Wasim spent some time with Pathan. Irfan was showing Akram on how he(Pathan) has learnt the inswings and outswings in recent times. He said that he will be spending some more time in today's(Day5) play too. I didn't see the match today though.

1) Its thumb's grip(that holds the ball) on ball. It seems, the thumb has to come acorss the ball but Pathan seem to be holding it in sides.

2) Even Waqar agreed on the fact that fast bowlers tend to get more pace as they(their body) lean backwards. Waqar and Wasim had a short discussion on our Indian bowling line up yesterday. It was interesting to hear as well.

And ya I always said, Prasad cannot be a good bowling coach to Team India. If Wasim/Waqar can spot these defects in few hours, then what was Prasad doing for these long days? :p

Hey guys, stop predicting what would've happened because you're just wasting your breath. No one knows what would've happened had so and so not been given out or vice versa and it's a mistake to say he would have stayed in longer or got out next ball.

And ya I always said, Prasad cannot be a good bowling coach to Team India. If Wasim/Waqar can spot these defects in few hours, then what was Prasad doing for these long days? :p

I swear I suggested this a long time ago, I think we should convince Srinath to quit this referee business and train the pace bowlers!

Your making the claim it was fixed not me........ maybe India is just no good enough, has that crossed your mind?

India have been the best side to face Australia in the 21st century, apart from England which won the Ashes in 2005. No other team can even challenge them like we did.

Not good enough. Don't make me laugh. :D

What the hell?

You attempted to counter a huge mistake by the umpire by saying that Dravid won't have survived longer, so where does this Indian fans stop saying they could have won come from?

I didn't say anything about him getting out faster. I mis-wrote the post, I'm just saying the situations may have been different, he could've stayed a little longer or not, I don't know but there is no guarantee that India might've won. Anything could've happened if those decisions were right.

And I'm not the one complaining about the "what if's". I'm obviously happy with how the match was played by both sides. No point scratching into what might've happened.

Star Cricket showed it LIVE yesterday during the post tea session. Wasim spent some time with Pathan. Irfan was showing Akram on how he(Pathan) has learnt the inswings and outswings in recent times. He said that he will be spending some more time in today's(Day5) play too. I didn't see the match today though.

1) Its thumb's grip(that holds the ball) on ball. It seems, the thumb has to come acorss the ball but Pathan seem to be holding it in sides.

2) Even Waqar agreed on the fact that fast bowlers tend to get more pace as they(their body) lean backwards. Waqar and Wasim had a short discussion on our Indian bowling line up yesterday. It was interesting to hear as well.

I don't understand what you mean by 1) still. So, you mean that the thumb has to come from the seam to the side whereas Pathan holds it at the side and keeps it still?

Prasad can be a good bowling coach. You can't change bowlers' techniques whilst with the teams. It upsets rhythm and is a grave risk. Wasim and Waqar would be vital in the MRF Pace Foundation or even NCA.

India have been the best side to face Australia in the 21st century, apart from England which won the Ashes in 2005. No other team can even challenge them like we did.

Not good enough. Don't make me laugh. :D

So what your saying is your third best? After Australia and England?
To me = not good enough

To me = not good enough

No, he is saying that the Indian side of 2007 is the third best this century, behind Australia and England in the 2005 Ashes.

TV Replays which Channel 9 winn not show.

I remember seeing it on Channel 9 briefly, but it might have been on a video from another site - I cannot remember.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about him getting out faster. I mis-wrote the post, I'm just saying the situations may have been different, he could've stayed a little longer or not, I don't know but there is no guarantee that India might've won. Anything could've happened if those decisions were right.

Nevermind man, I don't think we would have won if Dravid was given not out, that's quite daft. However, we could have gotten a draw if he hung on in.

Anyway, let's just forget this.

Had a feeling Indian fans like myself would be in outrage over the horrible umpiring. Yes, Australia won by poor umpiring which mainly (exception of 1 case with Ponting) benefited the home side. Its sadly part of cricket. At least now those two might not umpire again in the next match. If i was the Indian team i would take this lose and work for the next match and absolutely white wash Australia. Let the team management work out everything else with the poor decisions and stuff. As for Harbhajan i'm beginning to think its a ploy by Ponting and co to remove him. There is no video evidence, the umpires heard nothing (and they're close) and the only witness is Symonds himself. Convenient to get rid of him considering Ponting is struggling against him. Conspiracy theory, i think so.

To me = not good enough

We have beaten England in England recently, so we're better than them and we could have easily won this match at Sydney had all things been even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread