India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, i do recall the last time we lost was i think the 2005 Ashes. And i recall no one BLAMED any of those things you mentioned for our defeat, although they did contribute.

But you see, those are NATURAL things, Australia played poorly in one or two matches in the ashes and people admitted it freely. once again, stop blameing others.

Spot on Steve.

We didn't blame umpires, we blamed the fact that we were in poor form and we were beaten by a better team.

Bucknor vs India

? Steve Bucknor: Umpired in 17 India Tests, India has won four of them
1992-93: India vs South Africa, Johannesburg
With South Africa reeling at 73-5, Indians appeal for Jhonty Rhodes? run-out. Bucknor refuses to take Third Umpire?s help. Replays show Rhodes, who went on to play a match-saving innings, was clearly short of the crease.
Result: Match drawn

1998-99: India vs Pakistan, Kolkata
Shoaib Akhtar obstructs Sachin Tendulkar as he fails to make it to the crease. Bucknor turns a blind eye and refers the matter to the TV umpire. As the red light flashes and Tendulkar walks to the dressing room, Eden erupts.
Result: Pakistan won

2003-04: India vs Australia, Brisbane
Tendulkar is given out lbw when the ball hit on a knee roll and the line was just outside the off-stump. The bowler was Jason Gillespie and India slips after a good start
Result: Match Drawn

2003-04: India vs Australia, Sydney
India is on the verge of history of a series win on the final day. Bucknor refuses a number of close leg-before decisions against the Aussies. India falls short of time. Skipper Sourav Ganguly in his post-series report to ICC gives Bucknor very poor ratings with adverse comments.
Result: Match drawn

2003-04: India vs Pakistan, Lahore
India is already on the backfoot in the series for the first time after an awful batting display. Five opportunities missed while bowling, four of them adjudicated by Bucknor. This forces Indian coach John Wright to complain to match-referee Ranjan Madugalle during the day?s play.
Result: India loses

2007-08: India vs Australia, Sydney

* Ponting was clearly out on 17 but was given not out. He went on to score 55. Now, ponting dint walk. Benson was the umpire here and he just watched ponting. Since he dint walk, benson ruled it in favour of Ponting.

* Next, Symonds was caught behind when he was on 35 or so. Steve "THE BLIND&DEAF" Bucknor ruled it not out. That evening, Symonds shamelessly told in the press conference that he had nicked it.

* This time it was the third umpire,Oxenford. Inspite of TV replays showing clearly that Symonds was out of the crease and was clearly stumped,he gave it not out. Dont know what he was doing at that time.

* Symonds again. And Bucknor again. This time, he was stumped and his feet was on the air. But, bucknor dint even go for the 3rd umpire. So lame umpiring.

* Jaffer bowled of a no-ball. Mark benson this time, not sighting the foot. Excusable though.

* In 2nd inns, Hussey nicked the ball to Dhoni and stood his ground. Clearly out again. But, Benson said No.

* Rahul Dravid given out caught behind. This was one of the pathetic decisions. The ball neither had contacts with the pad or bat. I wonder why gilly appealed cos he very well knew that dravid hadn't nicked it. So, after all Gilly is a cheater too. Bucknor was the one who gave this out.

* Sourav ganguly given out caught at slips. Clarke dint appear to have taken the ball cleanly. So, Dada stood his ground. And, guess what, that is when I came to know that there was another umpire in the ground and his name was Ricky Ponting. Benson, instead of asking the 3rd umpire or atleast the square leg umpire, asked Ponting whther the catch was taken cleanly. Ponting said yes. And, benson gave that out.
Result: India Loses

http://www.humsurfer.com/view/whats-cooking-steve-bucknor-vs-india

no its not. Your accusing people of provication, adults take responsibility for themselves. They dont say he provoced me into it!! I have not personally attacked you have i?

So you cannot digest my opinions, you dare accuse me of being an irresponsible person?

That's not a personal attack? I think it is and I'm proud of the way i've refrained from insulting you in return.

To all you Aussie posters on this forum: you're not going to bully me into submission. I stick by my views and I'll stick by them till I die...

Yes, I am an emotional character, but if you mistake that for weakness, you've got another thing coming.

Last edited:
May I also put in, Sangakarra's 192. Wasn't out but he was a good enough sport to drop it soon after because there was nothing to be angry about. Sri Lankan fans would've been angry for a bit and then dropped it.

Wow good find Scion Sid, people can see the brilliant descicions he has made in this match :)

So you cannot digest my opinions, you dare accuse me of being an irresponsible person?

That's not a personal attack? I think it is and I'm proud of the way i've refrained from insulting you in return.

To all you Aussie posters on this forum: you're not going to bully me into submission. I stick by my views and I'll stick by them till I die...

Yes, I am an emotional character, but if you mistake that for weakness, you've got another thing coming.

MAte just forget it. Do you want us to say INdia should have won? Tell me what you want me to here, i have not made a personal attack on you, but i object to you saying "i would keep saying it if he didnt provocate me". because thats rubbish..... You want accept my opinion as much as i dont agree with yours.... it simple as i said before let see what happens in Perth.

mate that is completely untrue, were is your proof?

Wheres your proof when you say same things about Indians?
No one said anything in last test match. In Future Cup where we were beaten no one blamed anyone. No in last Border Gavaskar trophy. Where the hell you got this Idea.
Last time India were downunder these were aussie remarks --
> India managed drwa at Gabba and we lost quick wikets in first innings because pitch was green.
> We dont have our best bowlers to bowl so we los Adelaide test match.

Man India has been playing without our pace lineup of (Zaheer, Sreesanth and Munaf).

MAte just forget it. Do you want us to say INdia should have won? Tell me what you want me to here, i have not made a personal attack on you, but i object to you saying "i would keep saying it if he didnt provocate me". because thats rubbish..... You want accept my opinion as much as i dont agree with yours.... it simple as i said before let see what happens in Perth.

Yes, looking forward to that. After Kumble and Ponting's statements in the press, it should be really fought in the spirit of the game :p'

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/content/story/329405.html
http://uk.reuters.com/article/UK_CRICKET/idUKSYD28063120080106?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

Last edited:
Wheres your proof when you say same things about Indians?
No one said anything in last test match. In Future Cup where we were beaten no one blamed anyone. No in last Border Gavaskar trophy. Where the hell you got this Idea.
Last time India were downunder these were aussie remarks --
> India managed drwa at Gabba and we lost quick wikets in first innings because pitch was green.
> We dont have our best bowlers to bowl so we los Adelaide test match.

Man India has been playing without our pace lineup of (Zaheer, Sreesanth and Munaf).

True, but Munaf is nowhere near one of out best bowlers....:p

There was one thing missed Scion Kid. The LBW shout when Kumble was bowling to Hussey who was on 45. Hit him middle of middle stump. Not given. Benson. Terrible decision. By the way was Dhoni out cause the whole crowd thought he wasn't after the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread