India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the win, Symonds and Pup out performing Hogg by the looks of things. Hogg certainly didn't cement his spot after going so well with the bat in the first inns.

r u watching INDIA tv or not?

Every Indian news channel is full of this and the outrage is unbelievable among the former and current Indian cricketers.

They've interviewed a lot of people too.

Really, all this shouldn't have happened. Unfortunately it did.

For the good of all involved, the cricket should be called off. it's not as important as defending your country's pride against such a vituperative attack by the Australian media.

Ricky Ponting's insult to indian journalists just adds more fuel to the fire.

In my opinion Australia didn't deserve to win this test match, a draw would have been a fair result. I feel sorry for India as they continue to have hardly any luck in this series. If Symonds had been given out in the first innings we could well be sat here with the score at 1-1 but due to poor umpiring, I think the draw was the only fair result. To see this take Australia equal to their record makes it a little bit sickening in my view.

Also there were some questionable calls from Australia regarding their sportsmanship, personally I'd have no problem with them claiming everything/over appealing if it wasn't for the fact that Ponting always gets on his high horse and expects the rest of the world to worship Australia as being untouchable and always correct.
How much should I bet that the Australian fans on here won't slam into you just because you aren't an Indian fan, even though you've been saying the same things as many of us?

That's the understatement of the century.

You have got to be kidding me. That Dravid decision robbed us of even a respectable draw.

I am trying hard to control my emotions, but this kind of thing justifying the umpiring is getting really hard to handle.

I just went to sleep after all the heartbreak last night and so was easier to forget. But still it lingers in the mind.

I dont care if we lose at Perth and Adelaide. We got to play like we are not going to live in this world after the Adelaide test. Play fiercely, and try to blow away the opposition. These sort of losses where you didnt deserve to lose, should act as the tonic. I just want to blow away the whole Australian team to pieces now. The Indian team should feel like that.

Has anyone got a link to what the Australian media have been saying? I seem to have missed it all.

At the end of the day we lost period. Not fair and square, but we lost. So what if those decisions went against us, we should've been able to draw.

I still think that with our performance, we can hit back hard and maybe win at least 1 out of the next two matches.

Inspite of all those decisions, you expect us to draw?

Every Indian news channel is full of this and the outrage is unbelievable among the former and current Indian cricketers.

They've interviewed a lot of people too.

Really, all this shouldn't have happened. Unfortunately it did.

For the good of all involved, the cricket should be called off. it's not as important as defending your country's pride against such a vituperative attack by the Australian media.

Ricky Ponting's insult to indian journalists just adds more fuel to the fire.
Uhh... no the cricket shouldn't be called off. That would be a sissy way to approach the situation. The Harbhajan incident is still not decided so I think it could go either way. He's got a hot head, although seeing that Symonds is the person involved, I can understand how he could get worked up. As for the Aussie media calling India's team selection caste-ist, that's got nothing to do with the actual cricket. The media is always going to be saying **** that has nothing to do with anything. As for Ponting insulting the Indian journalist, that also has nothing to do with the cricket. People can read that and form or justify their opinions about Ponting as usual.

I don't see anything about why we should come back. There's a lot that has been written about this series and a lot that will continue to be written about this series.

Here's a link: I think the original article was in Sydney Morning Herald which claimed that the Indian team selection was caste-based:

http://www.cricketnext.com/news/caste-rules-indian-cricket-aussie-media/28703-13.html

Uhh... no the cricket shouldn't be called off. That would be a sissy way to approach the situation. The Harbhajan incident is still not decided so I think it could go either way. He's got a hot head, although seeing that Symonds is the person involved, I can understand how he could get worked up. As for the Aussie media calling India's team selection caste-ist, that's got nothing to do with the actual cricket. The media is always going to be saying **** that has nothing to do with anything. As for Ponting insulting the Indian journalist, that also has nothing to do with the cricket. People can read that and form or justify their opinions about Ponting as usual.

I don't see anything about why we should come back. There's a lot that has been written about this series and a lot that will continue to be written about this series.

Is playing cricket more important than defending one's country's honour and pride against such allegations as made against players and the team selection?

Last edited:
As for the complaint against the umpiring by the BCCI, I hardly think it's out of the blue. I would be surprised if they didn't, because the umpiring has clearly been well below mean. In fact, Cricket Australia should also send a complaint about the umpiring because if they don't, it just shows that they don't care because the umpiring didn't affect the Australian team aversely for the most part! The umpiring being poor is a fact.

i think pathan will play and someone please drop the most over rated indian cricketer of all time...yuvraj singh.

Yeah, drop him and ask him to go and spend time with Deepika (Bollywood actress who has now come to Australia to spend time with him!).

Is playing cricket more important than defending one's country's honour and pride against such allegations as made against players and the team selection?
If these allegations were made by the Australian team, then I would tell the team to pack up shop and come home. It's come from the media. If I was an Indian cricketer on tour in Australia, I wouldn't read the papers--or at least the sports pages. The media talks **** all the time and the players have to ignore that. As for the Bhajji incident, as I said, the hearing still hasn't been made. Harbhajan could well be guilty, so we shouldn't form opinions on that event based on whatever else has transpired from the media.

All I'm saying is that the spirit of this tour is completely gone and nothing can save it now.

Playing cricket would be farcical under the circumstances. Much like the infamous "Mike Deness" tour of South Africa.

If these allegations were made by the Australian team, then I would tell the team to pack up shop and come home. It's come from the media. If I was an Indian cricketer on tour in Australia, I wouldn't read the papers--or at least the sports pages. The media talks **** all the time and the players have to ignore that. As for the Bhajji incident, as I said, the hearing still hasn't been made. Harbhajan could well be guilty, so we shouldn't form opinions on that event based on whatever else has transpired from the media.

The racism charge is pretty serious by itself. And that was made specifically by Ponting and company.

Once the decision comes out of it, it would be hard for the tour to continue as though nothing has happened.

Last edited:
India do a pretty fine job on there own turf as well.
Sreesanth would get owned by the Aussie just like in the onedayers

We'll see to that. If there was Sree with his appeal bucknor might have given some decision in India's favor. India really needs to learn the appealing antics from their counterparts to get Bucknor give the correct decisions.

We'll see to that. If there was Sree with his appeal bucknor might have given some decision in India's favor. India really needs to learn the appealing antics from their counterparts to get Bucknor give the correct decisions.

Actually with Sreesanth's reputation it might have been even worse for India...

India should not pull out of the series. The fact is that they lost due to umpiring decisions. However, it happens to each time at least once. Not to this extent but India still could have drawn the match with the bad decisions. Wasim Jaffer, Laxman, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni were all out fair and square and none of them scored the half century that should be expected from them in such a situation.

The most sweet revenge will be drawing the series from here. India cannot give up, they must fight. We have the undisputed best batting line up outside of Australia and we must reignite it. This means that we must bring back Virender Sehwag, drop Yuvraj and bring Dravid down to six where Laxman can flourish at three. I have rethought and think that Jaffer should stay in the team. He consistently scores bad scores and in another situation, he should be dropped but Karthik is the alternative and Karthik struggles against 145kph fast bowling of whom Australia have two.

Wasim Jaffer
Virender Sehwag
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
Rahul Dravid
Mahendra Dhoni (wk.)
Irfan Pathan/Vikram Singh (really not sure about this one)
Anil Kumble (capt.)
RP Singh
Ishant Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread