India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manee, I would advocate dropping Dhoni for Karthik, but at least Dhoni has got a start under his belt. I hope they go with a side like the above for the practice match. Except get Karthik in somewhere.

India should not pull out of the series. The fact is that they lost due to umpiring decisions. However, it happens to each time at least once. Not to this extent but India still could have drawn the match with the bad decisions. Wasim Jaffer, Laxman, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni were all out fair and square and none of them scored the half century that should be expected from them in such a situation.

The most sweet revenge will be drawing the series from here. India cannot give up, they must fight. We have the undisputed best batting line up outside of Australia and we must reignite it. This means that we must bring back Virender Sehwag, drop Yuvraj and bring Dravid down to six where Laxman can flourish at three. I have rethought and think that Jaffer should stay in the team. He consistently scores bad scores and in another situation, he should be dropped but Karthik is the alternative and Karthik struggles against 145kph fast bowling of whom Australia have two.

Wasim Jaffer
Virender Sehwag
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
Rahul Dravid
Mahendra Dhoni (wk.)
Irfan Pathan/Vikram Singh (really not sure about this one)
Anil Kumble (capt.)
RP Singh
Ishant Sharma

It's gone way beyond just cricket. What with racism allegations and insinuations about India's team selection being caste-based I think this tour cannot continue as though nothing has happened.

TO be honest, what happened to the match today has taken a back-seat in my book in view of the serious allegations made by the Australian media and Ricky Ponting's blatantly insulting behaviour towards indian mediapersons which is a clear violation of the ICC code of conduct.

Manee, I would advocate dropping Dhoni for Karthik, but at least Dhoni has got a start under his belt. I hope they go with a side like the above for the practice match. Except get Karthik in somewhere.

I would in no way pick Karthik unless as an opener, I don't rate his keeping. Dhoni is arguably the world's best active wicket keeper.

I would in no way pick Karthik unless as an opener, I don't rate his keeping. Dhoni is arguably the world's best active wicket keeper.
Karthik is technically a far better keeper than Dhoni. Dhoni has just been in good keeping form of late.

Dhoni's keeping is very average and he isn't as agile as Karthik who can take some diving catches. Dhoni doesn't seem as agile as Karthik.

But if Karthik keeps, he cannot open as it would be too tough, so we still have to solve the opening issue.

It's gone way beyond just cricket. What with racism allegations and insinuations about India's team selection being caste-based I think this tour cannot continue as though nothing has happened.

TO be honest, what happened to the match today has taken a back-seat in my book in view of the serious allegations made by the Australian media and Ricky Ponting's blatantly insulting behaviour towards indian mediapersons which is a clear violation of the ICC code of conduct.

I am not a fan of the Australian's actions either. Allegations of racism should be dealt with on the field. They are grown men, they should handle disputes themselves unless it gets to an inexplicable point - which I don't think it has got to.

The caste-based article is interesting. I cannot comment or the truth of it though because I am not aware of castes and do not even know what caste of Sikh I am.

Karthik is technically a far better keeper than Dhoni. Dhoni has just been in good keeping form of late.

Or maybe he has improved?

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the Australian's actions either. Allegations of racism should be dealt with on the field. They are grown men, they should handle disputes themselves unless it gets to an inexplicable point - which I don't think it has got to.

The caste-based article is interesting. I cannot comment or the truth of it though because I am not aware of castes and do not even know what caste of Sikh I am

But after all that's gone on, I doubt whether Kumble and Ponting can even go to the toss together on the first day at Perth.

Had the Aussies dropped the racism issue it would have been different. But after holding the official hearing, the tension would be too much between the two sides. How can cricket ever be played in the right spirit after such episodes. It's only bound to get worse as the tour progresses.

It shows that the so-called 'banter' on the field which they regularly claim never hurt anybody actually affects them more than other teams.

Actually with Sreesanth's reputation it might have been even worse for India...

No. it can not get any worse than having 6-8 bad decisions going against you. Are you talking about sreesanth's firebrand and often childish behaviour? Hmm... then it needs a bit thinking as I guess insead of Ishant if symonds niccked sreesanth and if it's not given out sree might want to have a word with symonds or Mr. Bucknor.

Ask CA to try doing that, seriously, TRY DOING THAT! We dont mind. We dont need to play you at all. People are queing up to play us.

Exactly.Its us Indians who are running ICC and its high time BCCI should tell the world.

Dont believe it?Just look at ICL and IPL saga how some of the australian cricketers are dying to play in India.How this ICL vs IPL divided the cricket world literally.Why CA is organising 4 tests against india?Becoz they want dollars.We wont mind not playing them.We can play with Zim, atleast they dont cheat.:p

Dhoni and Yuvi have their own problems :pDeepika.:p

Last edited:
Exactly.Its us Indians who are running ICC and its high time BCCI should tell the world.

Dont believe it?Just look at ICL and IPL saga how some of the australian cricketers are dying to play in India.How this ICL vs IPL divided the cricket world literally.Why CA is organising 4 tests against india?Becoz they want dollars.We wont mind not playing them.We can play with Zim, atleast they dont cheat.:p

You always like to play with such countries where u can score easily :p soon BCCI will arrange with Kenya :laugh

Dhoni and Yuvi have their own problems - Deepika.
At least she'll provide some stress relief ;) .

Back to cricket, wouldn't it be great if India draw the series from here? I can't see it though, but the team must believe that they can. I think they'll play with a lot of heart the next match and this loss should unite the team (hopefully).

India are expected to lose, therefore they should just go for it. At least things can only get better from here on.

The news from NDTV (reports people on the ICF forum) is that Harbhajan has been banned for three Tests and the tour could be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread