India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is you pratically endorsing everything that the secretary has said as gospel truth.

As we all know BCCI Secretaries have a track record of being down the middle, fair, uncorrupt guys don't we.

As we all know modern Oz cricketers, ICC referees and CEO have a track record of being down the middle, fair, uncorrupt guys don't we.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but patriotism doesn't come in believing your players. I think Michael Vaughan is one of the best players we have ever produced and a magnificent captain, but I don't believe everthing he says. He's a human, why would he allienated himself within in his own side by telling the truth when he could lie and still fit into the side. It's a situation in which any player will back his own guys.

Clearly you cannot understand how much this issue has united us Indians.

I cannot believe Ricky Ponting after his disgraceful conduct appealing for a catch he never caught and then behaving like a arrogant SOB to our mediapersons when they asked him about that appeal.

I understand where the outrage comes from, although I am not outraged, as of yet. The reason is simple. To the public, the only evidence brought up by Symonds is the word of Ponting. The only evidence brought up by Harbhajan is the word of Tendulkar and Kumble. So to rule on one side can obviously found to be labeling one side as liars.

I'd like the details of the hearing to come out before making any decisions. I haven't found any "reputable sources and websites" that have presented any evidence, either.

I understand you've been through a lot with a lot of decisions not going your way, but it happens. All international sides come up against it at some point, it's just most of yours has come at once.

I understand Tendulkar is considered a god over there, but here he is just like any other human with an incredible skill. We have a more rational sense of being in this country in my opinion. Everyone is equal but some are more equal in skills. Tendulkar is the cricketing equivalent of a plumber over here who works cheap. Both will be as accepted as each other. It's an immensely poor analage but you may get where I'm coming from.

As we all know modern Oz cricketers, ICC referees and CEO have a track record of being down the middle, fair, uncorrupt guys don't we.:rolleyes:

I don't see any members in the current Australian side or management that have ever ben brought up on any kind of matchfixing charge or even including in word of mouth around it. Neither have I seen any of those ever involved in any scandal in their previous jobs.

The Australians also dont tend to get involved in issue to do with sledging because they are the architypes of modern mental warfare and tactics, but even they know they is a limit.

This is being totally turned into the Indians being angels and the Australians being devils.

Last edited:
Be a sore looser :p We have won most matches by playing brilliant cricket

Really, I don't recall India winning this match :rolleyes:. Oh that's right, you're the Indian supporting Australia for glory.

I reckon there is gonna be a shocking selection in the Indian XI at Perth. I can see it coming a mile away.

Were there riots in India? Burning some sort of a scarecrow with Bucknor's face at the top or holding up signs while burning posters? I'm just interested because we tend to play the blame game in India before fully analysing the result.

I understand you've been through a lot with a lot of decisions not going your way, but it happens. All international sides come up against it at some point, it's just most of yours has come at once.
You've once again ignored the whole point of manee's post so you can re-insert your little cliched, two-bits sentence about how all teams get their share of bad decisions. That's not what the post is about! Read it again!

I understand Tendulkar is considered a god over there, but here he is just like any other human with an incredible skill. We have a more rational sense of being in this country in my opinion. Everyone is equal but some are more equal in skills. Tendulkar is the cricketing equivalent of a plumber over here who works cheap. Both will be as accepted as each other. It's an immensely poor analage but you may get where I'm coming from.

Yes, I know, I live in England. He has played cricket for 18 years, not a mark on his disciplinary record and now he is accused of deception. It will not go down well in India and there is only so much pressure the BCCI can face. The Indian Media have just now launched a complaint against the BCCI.

Any aussie supporting the way your captain appealed for a catch off Dhoni's pad when clearly it neither touched the bat neither did he take it cleanly ( what a big cheater)

Any player would have appealed like that after that kind of deflection :rolleyes: but giving out is at the hands of Umpire, and that was not given out too . So not a big deal.

The Australians also dont tend to get involved in issue to do with sledging because they are the architypes of modern mental warfare and tactics, but even they know they is a limit.
What? Australians have been involved in almost every issue of sledging that has been turned into a controversy.

I don't see any members in the current Australian side or management that have ever ben brought up on any kind of matchfixing charge or even including in word of mouth around it. Neither have I seen any of those ever involved in any scandal in their previous jobs.

This is being totally turned into the Indians being angels and the Australians being devils.

Which clearly is the case here...and the umpires also included in the australian group

We consider Tendulkar as a man of integrity. He's played international cricket for 17-18 years and has proved his stature with his own conduct over and over again. So we all accept Tendulkar's word on this matter.

Plus, he clearly heard what Harbhajan said to Symonds, and then said that Harbhajan hadn't said anything offensive.

So the situation seems very clear to me... Tendulkar has been termed as an unreliable witness (a.k.a liar) while the Aussies have been believed.

I cannot believe that the stump mic picked up anything because everybody would have immediately picked up that on TV. But the fact is most of the commentators (including Aussie commentators) clearly did not hear anything.

The umpires also are stated as not having heard anything for themselves.

So what is the conclusion we are to draw from this situation?

Really, I don't recall India winning this match :rolleyes:. Oh that's right, you're the Indian supporting Australia for glory.

I reckon there is gonna be a shocking selection in the Indian XI at Perth. I can see it coming a mile away.

Were there riots in India? Burning some sort of a scarecrow with Bucknor's face at the top or holding up signs while burning posters? I'm just interested because we tend to play the blame game in India before fully analysing the result.

They only know riots and all nonsence :p they only want a issue and the Media is there to use that fools in their own way

We consider Tendulkar as a man of integrity. He's played international cricket for 17-18 years and has proved his stature with his own conduct over and over again. So we all accept Tendulkar's word on this matter.

Plus, he clearly heard what Harbhajan said to Symonds, and then said that Harbhajan hadn't said anything offensive.

So the situation seems very clear to me... Tendulkar has been termed as an unreliable witness (a.k.a liar) while the Aussies have been believed.

I cannot believe that the stump mic picked up anything because everybody would have immediately picked up that on TV. But the fact is most of the commentators (including Aussie commentators) clearly did not hear anything.

The umpires also are stated as not having heard anything for themselves.

So what is the conclusion we are to draw from this situation?

there isn't a conclusion, the Conclusion will be coming from tomorrow....one of the Mumbai forum there's topic to take out a massive rally agaist Buckener tomorrow.....I am joining if it happens....We will fight back...

I understand where the outrage comes from, although I am not outraged, as of yet. The reason is simple. To the public, the only evidence brought up by Symonds is the word of Ponting. The only evidence brought up by Harbhajan is the word of Tendulkar and Kumble. So to rule on one side can obviously found to be labeling one side as liars.

I'd like the details of the hearing to come out before making any decisions. I haven't found any "reputable sources and websites" that have presented any evidence, either.
sohum you forgot Ponting is not only the captain of Australian team.But he was handed another respectful job by ICC here.He was the first on field third umpire.Mark Benson consulted him Ricky quickly replayed that catch in his mind and gave Ganguly out.Technology at its best.:p

I dont see any members in current Indian squad or management have been brought up on any kind of matchfixing or even including in word of mouth around it. Neither have I seen any of those ever involved in any scandal in their previous jobs.
The inventors of modern day sledging doese'nt get involved with issues regarding sledging as then it would be against their invention, is'nt it?
Only when the other team seems to give it back then they make an issue as they could not tolerate it.
Aussies are very much angelic. Is'nt it?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread