India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usy is right there, especially for the aussies.

You do realise by adding that extra little dig at the end of your post that you've massively contradicted yourself don't you?

Bucknor should not be banned for life. What a ridiculous suggestion.

I don't think Gilchrist would have gone up like that if he did not think it was out.

How could he have thought it was out though?, Dravid's bat was hit behind his pad and it flicked his pad, so how could the think it was out?, unless they thought it was LBW which it certainly wasn't....:mad:

India 54/3 R Dravid 20* (54b 3x4) SR Clark 4.4-1-15-2

33.1 Symonds to Dravid, OUT, oh dear, looks like there's been another questionable decision there, Dravid given out caught behind when he padded up to it outside off, the bat behind his pad and nowhere near the ball
R Dravid c Gilchrist b Symonds 38 (152m 103b 6x4 0x6) SR: 36.89

Bucknor should not be banned for life. What a ridiculous suggestion.

I'd say he should not umpire in the rest of the series due to respect issues and even the fans but he should definately resume normal duties afterward.

How could he have thought it was out though?, Dravid's bat was hit behind his pad and it flicked his pad, so how could the think it was out?, unless they thought it was LBW which it certainly wasn't....:mad:

He was standing behind the batsman and was watching the ball, so he would likely have not noticed the bat being entirely behind the pad.

Last edited:
You really didn't have to add that at the end, you'll only wind people up by saying things like that.

Let's not try and wind others up chaps.

Hey mate, I'm not trying to. I said that after watching the video and reading the news articles. I was hearing so much from Indian fans that I wanted to see what happened? Did i do something wrong?

I just made my bottom line, known as conclusion.

Last edited:
He'd sacrifice the reputation of a career and his morals to equal a record which was not a certainty even after the dismissal?

Your secret is safe with me Stevie:)

Yes, Cricket is a team game....

Just a general word of warning usy. :)

It would be silly to warn someone for saying that, my words would rather bring peace amongst Aussies and Indian then any of other peoples words.

It is hardly Australia's fault the umpires were bad in the game. There might have been a bit of gamesmanship, but it happens, nearly every team does it.

Pulling out of the tour would be taking it way too far. The umpires could well be changed for the next Test as it's a fair way away, but to pull out of an important tour would be over exaggerating. Slating the Aussies in the media won't get them far either, what good will it do? Just stay out there and play to win, it's the best option. You never know, it could be 2-2 by the end of the series!

umpires are not up to world class standards..

3rd umpire also given wrong decision

clear thick edges not given.....why?????

Is it match fixing of the umpires with aussies or wat?

ponting,symonds,clarke,hussey they doesn't have game spirit at all

i thought gilchrist is more honest..after this match we have to change that also

Aussies ill do anything for win..like abusing,sledging etc..ALL CHEAP TRICKS !!

Thats why eventhough aussies are worl champions no one respects their team

As far as india and kumble is concerned...I m sorry for their team it is tough to come back but they can do nothing about it..
i think india ill make 4 changes in the next game like jaffar,yuvraj,bhajan ill be replaced by sehwag,karthik,Pathan and pankaj..
Hope india ill have luck from next time onwards...CHAK De INDIA

we should say LUCK DE UMPIRES

What a great game! Unfortunately marred by lots of controversy though I would rate this up there with Adelaide 06/07 Ashes win.

I honestly can't believe that some Indian officals and fans and thinking about pulling out of the tour. When England came to Australia and bowled Bodyline there was up-roar. Australia had to apologize to the English for using the world un-sportsman like when Larwood hit Oldfield in the skull. To pull out of the tour because of umpiring decision is rubbish. What is wrong with standing your ground and you nicked it? Yes, you should be out but it should be for the umpire to judge not you. If anything India was behaving un-sportsmans like by calling Symonds a monkey.

We shouldn't overlook the fact that we had five excellent days of cricket just because of some dubious umpiring decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread