India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hardly Australia's fault the umpires were bad in the game. There might have been a bit of gamesmanship, but it happens, nearly every team does it.

Pulling out of the tour would be taking it way too far. The umpires could well be changed for the next Test as it's a fair way away, but to pull out of an important tour would be over exaggerating. Slating the Aussies in the media won't get them far either, what good will it do? Just stay out there and play to win, it's the best option. You never know, it could be 2-2 by the end of the series!
That's true, and that should be their approach. I don't think the Indian team has ever suggested pulling out--that's just the media speculation, especially by the Indian media who were reportedly snubbed by Ponting.

Well it looks like he has been banned for three matches so it must be true.

Click here
Cough cough. I really hope the ICC have some evidence here, just like I had hoped that Darrell Hair had some evidence, or the ICC is going to be slated just like Hair.

There was no evidence though, just the word of Symonds and Ponting.

MV Sridhar, the assistant manager, who spoke to the media before the decision was announced, said there was no video or audio evidence involving Harbhajan
Furthermore, if you view one of the videos at cricketcrowd.com, you will find that Mike Proctor himself said that the umpires didn't know about it and it was only looked at after Ponting registered a complaint.

Last edited:
Harbajaan what an aggressive idiot, never liked that rude little man.

@ ALL: Feel free to use my avatar :p

So, what playing XI would you guys put up for the Perth test? Pankaj Singh will probably come in for Bhajji, unless the management decides to use VRV for some unknown and illogical reason. Sehwag should come in for Jaffer and Karthik can come in for Yuvraj. They would work as a good opening combination, with Sehwag attacking at one end and Karthik holding up the other. We've had trouble getting good starts and I think those two are capable enough to provide some for us.

This would be something Id choose.

Sehwag- Bounce will help him out. Any erratic bowling by Johnson or Tait outside the off stump could be smashed away for four. Aggressive, and can chase down totals on day five.

Karthik- Brilliant in the field, a good batsman. No real explanation needed.

VVS Laxman - Has looked really good at number three. Hes in form, and he can really take the attack to the Aussies if we lose a quick wicket.

Tendulkar - Yeah.

Ganguly - Yeah.

Dravid- Not in the best form, and can provide stability in case of an early collapse. he wont be facing the new ball straight away, and the pressure of runs wont be so big at number six.

Dhoni - Batted decently yesterday. His keeping has bettered.

Irfan Pathan - Adds batting depth, experience, and another hes a good bowler. Can be subbed for Pankaj, but we lose the experience that Pathan holds, and batting depth.

Kumble - Yeah.

RP Singh - Impressed me at the SCG. Bowled well in spells, should work on his consistency though.

Ishanth Sharma - Was unlucky not to get some wickets. Bowled well. Should use the bounce of the WACA to his advantage.

I cannot believe Kumble is pointing the finger at Ponting - what a sore loser. Ponting offered Kumble a walking policy regarding nicks which is chose to decline.....so is he serious when he thinks that Australia should still hold their end of the bargain? He is kidding himself.
Can I see a source for this? That would be interesting news that I had never known about and would change my views on somet hings.

And there is extreme short sightedness regarding umpiring decisions - can you not remember that both Laxman and Sachin survived absolutely dead plumb LB decisons very early in their first innings? India can count their lucky stars that this even went into a 5th day. Sure LBs are a little more contentious than caught behinds, but I think India are still winning 2-1 when it came to critical decisions.
Symonds himself had 4 contentious decisions in the first innings alone. I'm not sure where you get the India are winning 2-1. There's an article on Cricinfo that summarizes all the poor decisions. Furthermore, it is not purely about decisions against one way or another. Just look at the sum of poor decisions. It is really unacceptable.

This is the worst thing about cricket today - any team can whinge till the cows come home when they are defeated by Australia and somehow events are twisted to make the Australians look like bad winners...then when Australians complain it is twisted to make them look like bad losers. The jealousy in international cricket at the moment is deplorable. We rolled the strongest batting line up in world cricket for the 3rd time for 200 or less yesterday yet somehow it is still our dirty tricks and not our skill that allows us to do this. They would've been skittled for less than 200 in the first innings if truly every decision went our way.

It was a fine performance from the Aussies - we should set the record easily at the WACA then can hopefully finish the drubbing in Adelaide. Its a shame, this was suppose to be a big challenge...it is only turning out to be a challenge off the field, same old story on the field.
Looks like you were watching a different game. You should have watched the coverage at Sydney instead of plugging the tape for Melbourne back in.

when i say 2-1 i ws referring to decisons that ended up costing the opposition team badly.
How is this measured? If we measure it by runs Symonds had 132, Ponting had 38 in the first innings, Hussey had at least a 100 in the second. That's a total of 260 which is already more than Tendulkar and Laxman scored in total.

This would be something Id choose.

Sehwag- Bounce will help him out. Any erratic bowling by Johnson or Tait outside the off stump could be smashed away for four. Aggressive, and can chase down totals on day five.

Karthik- Brilliant in the field, a good batsman. No real explanation needed.

VVS Laxman - Has looked really good at number three. Hes in form, and he can really take the attack to the Aussies if we lose a quick wicket.

Tendulkar - Yeah.

Ganguly - Yeah.

Dravid- Not in the best form, and can provide stability in case of an early collapse. he wont be facing the new ball straight away, and the pressure of runs wont be so big at number six.

Dhoni - Batted decently yesterday. His keeping has bettered.

Irfan Pathan - Adds batting depth, experience, and another hes a good bowler. Can be subbed for Pankaj, but we lose the experience that Pathan holds, and batting depth.

Kumble - Yeah.

RP Singh - Impressed me at the SCG. Bowled well in spells, should work on his consistency though.

Ishanth Sharma - Was unlucky not to get some wickets. Bowled well. Should use the bounce of the WACA to his advantage.
I like the look of this team though I'm extremely doubtful that Kumble would make so many changes.

Last edited:
Harbajaan what an aggressive idiot, never liked that rude little man.

@ ALL: Feel free to use my avatar :p

With the Anti-Aus avatars flying around. I feel this new one is more appropriate. I have added my own little message to it.

If we're going to use hearsay to judge a man guilty, I hope Hogg is charged as well.

Where is the proof that he said anything racist?!
Who needs proof if you've already judged someone to be guilty?

Everyone on here should read the book, "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. It is about two men who were charged with rape and murder and given a death sentence and a life sentence in prison without any concrete evidence whatsoever. While it is not on the same level of magnitude, the analogy still holds merit.

If we're going to use hearsay to judge a man guilty, I hope Hogg is charged as well.
It's just going to go down as "a bit of banter".

Last edited:
The Indians have got short memories; seem to remember them getting away with a draw at Lords' when Panesar had a couple of good lbw shouts, which I seem to remember being plumb!! The rain and bad light saved India. I class that game as an England win. Just hope Australia rub India's noses in it, and make it a whitewash. And I'm not anti-India, far from it, any country that loves cricket as much as them has got to be respected, but some of the whinging is unbelievable.

The Indians have got short memories; seem to remember them getting away with a draw at Lords' when Panesar had a couple of good lbw shouts, which I seem to remember being plumb!! The rain and bad light saved India. I class that game as an England win. Just hope Australia rub India's noses in it, and make it a whitewash. And I'm not anti-India, far from it, any country that loves cricket as much as them has got to be respected, but some of the whinging is unbelievable.

LBWs are always difficult to give, I myself have never complained about LBW decisions. Most Indian fans have not mentioned any LBW shouts either.

We have got the right to be frustrated. So much crap from the umpires, no luck whatsoever.

I dont care what the world thinks, let our voice be heard.

In the verdict - how he got charged.

I want concrete proof.

I am no Bhajji fan, but you cannot just ban someone without giving us a reason. Just because Ponting or Symonds said so doesnt mean he did.

Last edited:
In the verdict - how he got charged.

He got charged based on hearsay and the ICC being in a tough position in terms of being no tolerance to racism. Harbhajan is partially a scapegoat of the ICC, wanting to show no tolerance to racism.

I'm sick of the indians already - i hope the sore losers pull out of the tour cause their behaviour is deplorable. Maybe we can get Bangladesh over as a replacement - at least then we may have a slight challenge on our hands. And to think that the next time we play india at home all their "stars" are going to be retired - hahahah!!!! At least they are still good at whinging! Goodbye whinging poms, hello whinging papadoms!

What you actually meant to say was:

The Indians have got short memories; seem to remember them getting away with a loss at Lords' when Panesar had a couple of good lbw shouts against a lot of top order players... in fact I recall something like 6-7, 4 for one batsman alone... I also remember when a player actually knocked the cover of the ball and wasn't given out.... etc.

You've really come to the party late. Your argument was destroyed hundreds of pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread