India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
take Johnson out 1. His noballing is pretty bad atm and 2. he just ain't in good form

VRV i don't think he ill get place in the 11 squad..In south africa when the patch has grass with high bounce and all.he was struggling for his line and length.he couldn't swing the ball also.I wonder why he got selected.May be Punjab Cricket association recommendation????

how is the perth wicket now?????/anyone has any idea?????

He bowled well i n south africa,we only judge performance by wicketsbut he was doi ng the holding job,he is agreat prospect he hits the deck at 140-145
a nd should do well if he piotches the ball a further up at perth as the australian batsman are great cutters and pullers.swing alone does not make you a great bowler

Johnson bowled poorly in this test. Australia will stick with him thought and if he can get his inswinger going then he can be a threat looking at his pace.

Tait might have a case since he has the ability to run through a side with Brett Lee so Tait would be an option for Australia.

take Johnson out 1. His noballing is pretty bad atm and 2. he just ain't in good form

I reckon hes only in the team for his left arm, although he does get some nice inswing on occasions. I think the selectors just want to keep a mix.

I was reading a complaint has been lodged against Hogg for abuse to Kumble in the same article it was saying it wouldn't be a big loss as he is most likely going to be replaced with Tait. Probably the way I would go, Hogg got out bowled by part timers.

Hogg will definitely get his run, I don't think selectors have any other real choice, especially if they're going to be versing India. Johnson has to go. It's ridiculous he's in the team, even I can bowl more accurate than him. Tait looks like the popular option but some doubt over the Perth wicket?

I was reading a complaint has been lodged against Hogg for abuse to Kumble in the same article it was saying it wouldn't be a big loss as he is most likely going to be replaced with Tait. Probably the way I would go, Hogg got out bowled by part timers.

I dont see Hogg giving the Indian batsman much trouble in Perth, and we saw what damage both Lee and Tait could produce at the 20/20 against NZ.

I wonder if Clarkey might be under a bit of pressure if he doesnt peform in the next test?

Selectors won't drop Johnson unless he goes for 200 runs in an inns. Ideal lineup would be
Noffke/Hilfy
Tait
Lee
Clark

VRV i don't think he ill get place in the 11 squad..In south africa when the patch has grass with high bounce and all.he was struggling for his line and length.he couldn't swing the ball also.I wonder why he got selected.May be Punjab Cricket association recommendation????

how is the perth wicket now?????/anyone has any idea?????

VRV bowled well in South africa he may not have the wicket to show for it but he did bowl well and was unlucky,he hits the deck at 140-145 and should be handful at perth,his action is like makhaya ntini allthough he is much closer
and is open chested,i think he should play and bowl quick

I wonder if Clarkey might be under a bit of pressure if he doesnt peform in the next test?

No, as long as it doesn't turn into something big. Clarke averages 45 now in tests and has had an amazing time since returning to the test scene. I would leave him alone.

Well its unlikely changes will be made as the series is likely to be suspended. But to live in this fantasy i say Australia drop Johnson and put in Noffke. And Tait comes in for Hogg. As for India the BCCI realise the talent of Bose and he comes to Australia replacing Bhajji, Zaheer Khan miraculously comes to full fitness and replaces Sharma. Yuvraj is dropped and Kartik or Gambhir replaces him, Jaffer replaced by Sehwag, Dravid no. 3 and Ganguly 4.

Sehwag
Kartik/Gambhir
Dravid
Ganguly
Tendulkar
Laxman
Dhoni
Kumble
Bose
RP Singh
Zaheer Khan

Can't have it all i'm afraid.

I dont see Hogg giving the Indian batsman much trouble in Perth, and we saw what damage both Lee and Tait could produce at the 20/20 against NZ.

Yea spot on.

Clarke is a long way from being dropped, he made a 70 in the 1st test match and a lot of runs in the SL series to go with his match winning bowling spell.

He bowled well i n south africa,we only judge performance by wicketsbut he was doi ng the holding job,he is agreat prospect he hits the deck at 140-145
a nd should do well if he piotches the ball a further up at perth as the australian batsman are great cutters and pullers.swing alone does not make you a great bowler[/Q

In south africa also he didn't bowl more than 130 to 135 kmph. i know that in the australian pitches bounce is req..but hez unable to do that.that is not only my opinion other old cricketers also..he was considered to be fastest bowler after munaf.but both lost their pace..i m not againist him but that is true

I wouldn't worry about Clarke, just needs to maintain that 3 wickets in 5 balls and do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread