India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though there still seem to be some doubts if the series will go on; I believe that BCCI will not cancel the series.

I understand that the BCCI is very powerful, infact they are more powerful than the ICC. So even if they do cancel the series nobody can do anything to them. But right now everyone should just chill for a few days and rethink everything.

So assuming the series will go on:

Australia - Drop Hogg and Johnson, bring in Tait, Noffke

India - Drop Jaffer and Yuvraj, bring in Sehwag and Karthik, move Dravid to No.6

Dravid should play at No 3.

ok.......am not gonna speak about it anymore !!
gonna try to ignore it as much as possible !!! really tired....
just hoping that justice would be made before the perth test !

IF india play perth....then my lineup would be :-

1) sehwag
2) kartik(WK)
3) dravid
4) sachin
5) ganguly
6) laxman
7) irfan pathan
8) Kumble(CAPT)
9) RP Singh
10) Ishant Sharma
11) Pankaj singh

this would be really cool IMO ! 5 bowlers with two 6'4 will really
add a new dimension to the indian attack....plus, we have irfan
as a swing bowler and a handy lower order batsman !

i dont think the bcci would cancel the tour. i just think it will take a while.

if it comes out that harbhajan did not say anything racist that would mean that hayden, ponting and symonds were lying, shouldnt anything happen to them.

ok.......am not gonna speak about it anymore !!
gonna try to ignore it as much as possible !!! really tired....
just hoping that justice would be made before the perth test !

IF india play perth....then my lineup would be :-

1) sehwag
2) kartik(WK)
3) dravid
4) sachin
5) ganguly
6) laxman
7) irfan pathan
8) Kumble(CAPT)
9) RP Singh
10) Ishant Sharma
11) Pankaj singh

this would be really cool IMO ! 5 bowlers with two 6'4 will really
add a new dimension to the indian attack....plus, we have irfan
as a swing bowler and a handy lower order batsman !

good lineup, nice to see Dravid at No 3.

This will be my lineup if India plays at Perth.

1) Sehwag
2) Jaffer
3) Dravid
4) Sachin
5) Ganguly
6) Laxman
7) Dhoni (wk)
8) Pathan
9) Kumble (c)
10) RP Singh
11) Ishant Sharma

I think Dravid really needs to find some regular form as well for India, as he plays a crucial role in their team

Dravid was looking good/better in the 2nd innings at Sydney
Note : I haven`t mentioned about the rough decision here:cool: )

Agreed, he has been Indias light, he just needs some back up from his bowlers to be competitive with the Aussies. Especially on the Perth wicket.

Its just a pity we won`t have the services of out frontline bowlers Zaheer,Sreesanth or Munaf here.
They`d have been a handful at Perth and might even have played a role at Sydney.

Yeah, I completely agree with Sjdigitall, all there has been here is plain rudeness and impoliteness to us Indians who feel cheated and have been wronged in many ways.

Its a shame that none of you can sympathise with us and/or construct an intelligent post.

Move on dude.
Most of us now want the tour to go ahead and see some more of the fantastic cricket that we saw at Sydney.

yeah I think Sehwag should definetly come back into the team

Sehwag will be a key at Perth. He is someone who plays the crossbatted shots well.

He just won us the greatest finish to a test match I have seen. They won't and can't drop him.

Talking of avatars, Iam using your avatar as a wallpaper for my mobile.
And have you guys preordered your `Spectacular Sydney` DVD !

Last edited:
i dont think the bcci would cancel the tour. i just think it will take a while.

if it comes out that harbhajan did not say anything racist that would mean that hayden, ponting and symonds were lying, shouldnt anything happen to them.

Same here i don't think that BCCI will cancel the tour only if the match refree doesn't enforce the ban on Bhajji. There was a similar case against Pakistan wicket-keeper Rashid Latif druing the 2003 WC but he was not charged with any ban and he was completely cleared from any wrong doing since there was no evidence to prove his allegations. So i think the same should happen with Bhajji's case.
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/2-12-2003-35385.asp

Last edited:
OK, Australia is great, they are Gods, rest of the world is below them, they can be racist if they want to, and even law is below them.

The above line(s) will definitely make Australians happy. But that isn't true at all. And Ponting and co. do not have an ounce of sportsmanship.

And about the avatar: I am considering removing it, as some members feel that it is offensive. But its far better than Hooper's avatar who has labeled Bhajji racist, at least I'm not doing that.

Sorry Hooper.

I posted this as I couldn't stand posts on earlier pages and replies in a thread in the Feedback forums.

The bottom line is the only way to avoid an absolute fiasco is if india accepts the charge and moves on...just as every other team would or has in the past. Do you think the aussies, particularly the fans, enjoy being labelled racist based on evidence way less conculsive than what has been levelled at Harbajhan? It's garbage, but I think there is little doubt in this case and it is something you should accept and the best way to acceot it and make an example of him...which for some reason appears to be too difficult on the technicality that there isn't any audio evidence. Do you really think the players would make this stuff up? Get a life. At the stage of the match the best outcome for india was a draw....and as far as I know, reporting someone to an umpire doesn't automatically get you 10 wickets in 2 sessions.

I have no doubt Symonds took no offence to the word monkey because we are bred with thicker skins, but there is a bigger picture here - it was obviously used as a racial slur after what happened in india and whilst australians take sledging on the chin and is part of our sense of humour, we need to stand up for ourselves against people who constantly paint us as bad people - if you generalise us with constant BS, even though we don't take it personally, if you give us a chance to make you appear as hypocrits, you must realise that this is more satisying than sledging your wife/mother/whatever......and believe me it is satisfying. Sure there were disgusting umpire decisons, no one is saying otherwise...but that is cricket...there were also bad decisions for the aussies...and saying which decision cost the most is fairly impossible. But what makes india bigger than the game? Money you might say...but aren't we here to make runs and take wickets? Christ, maybe it is you who need to invest some of that money into graphite bats.

What india needs to do is concentrate on the next test match - get rid of Jaffer, probably even Yuvray - put in Sehwag and Ganbuir at the top order, who look good against australia...plug Dravid back at number 3 and hope to win the toss.perhaps then you can win some respect back from the cricket community. Putting yourselves onto a pedistal is something the aussies have never done...in your heads maybe...but I live here and my tax dollars have never bought them a ferrari...have never bought them a champagn trip down perth's main streets....have never actually prevented our media or fans from critising our weaknesses.....maybe you can learn a few things whilst your here...whether it's in the west aussie paper or in whatever paper you get on the flight home...you have a lot to learn. And oh my god...burning effigies in the streets is quite frankly disgusting.

i just saw now when clarke got out that he never even walked in the 2nd innings. that was purely out. lol

i just saw now when clarke got out that he never even walked in the 2nd innings. that was purely out. lol

I don't blame him. After Symonds' dismissal, it is probably a calculated decision to choose not to walk. People only walk for obvious decisions because they are sure they will be given out but in this case, Clarke wasn't.

It was more of an insult to the umpires than anything unethical.

I don't blame him. After Symonds' dismissal, it is probably a calculated decision to choose not to walk. People only walk for obvious decisions because they are sure they will be given out but in this case, Clarke wasn't.

It was more of an insult to the umpires than anything unethical.

I thought It was the fact that he as shocked he played such a shot on his first...:)

that was clearly an edge. if india do stay on i want pathan to play. serious this is bad for team india because the next two test they wont be in the right frame of minds if this does not get sorted out properly.

Clarke's sticking around after he been out was more a reflection issue. He was clearly out so he wasn't sticking around because he felt he wasn't. He was sticking around because it was the second time in the game he was out cheaply, and it had been a good oppourtunity to get his head down and get some runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread