India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to bring back a quote from pages and pages back, but that is the most arrogant and untrue comment I have ever seen.

Here are my views on the situation.

1. They shouldn't have banned Harbajan, there as no proof and even if there was it wouldn't have deserved a three match suspension.

2. India pulling out of the tour is just childish. Grow up and play some cricket.

3. This has been blown out of all proportion.

Oh, so pictures dipicting our religion in bad light is childish, eh?

We dont give a flying poo about the cricket. We have not been treated properly in Australia, and until things are sorted we are not going to be playing.

You then clearly know about racism, so why have you been one of the people who doesn't consider monkey a racist term to a black person?

I understand some of the others who actually live in India and arent living in multi-cultural societies where issues of race and comment take presidence. Yet you do.

You Indians speaking of breaking away from the ICC do realise that England, Australia (clearly) and South Africa really wouldn't give a toss if you decided to pull out over this. It'd for one make the decision making process within the ICC a lot less strenuous as it is the Asian sides that often have to be compromised to - explain England having to play Cricket virtually constantly 2 years to allow the Indians to have a break, because you refused to drop the issue and compromise. Each of these countries also hae huge rainy day funds for if a summer were ever to be washed out that would then subsidise the lack of Asian sides contributions, assuming that Pakistan would pull out with you as they most likely would because they'd consider it an issue of race as always -Sigh-.

It would however be interesting to see where Sri Lanka would stand in the issue.

race???i think that is what you are doing by speaking only of england,australia and south africa.

Why 2? They cant carry on for more than 6 months

The ECB alone has raining day runs counting over ?50 million. Australia has larger rainy day funds because as a general rule they don't have to call off as many international games and refund ticket holders. Similarly with South Africa.

race???i think that is what you are doing by speaking only of england,australia and south africa.

No. I'm speaking of the integrated countries that consider monkey a racist term. These countries would never support India in breaking away because the entire issue of them breaking is pivitolly balances around Harbahjan being accused of being racist.

No. I'm speaking of the integrated countries that consider monkey a racist term. These countries would never support India in breaking away because the entire issue of them breaking is pivitolly balances around Harbahjan being accused of being racist.

dude every indian will agree that harbhajan is a racist and all this argument will stop if any one of you can show some kind of proof.

I doubt that. Half the Indians on here have said they don't consider monkey a racist term.

See this

BCCI's calculation is that India's status as an economic powerhouse in the game should make ICC blink. Cricket Australia which stands to lose a lot if the tour gets scrapped was already trying to douse fires.

There were indications ICC, faced with a tough BCCI, may have expressed its willingness to drop Bucknor and Benson but was citing logistical problems ? there are only eight umpires on the elite panel and with three series on, it may not be possible to shuffle them in time for the Perth Test.

Moreover, since Bucknor, a Jamaican, cannot officiate in the matches featuring West Indies, the task gets even more difficult. But BCCI has argued that two more umpires can be accredited to the panel at short notice.

A pullout will not be without costs as a penalty of $2.53 million, suspension of engagements with Australia which are the champion team and disruption of the international cricket calendar will follow. But the board is not in a position to step back in view of calls for a strong retaliation.

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Its_India_vs_Australia_on_negotiating_table/articleshow/2681596.cms

I doubt that. Half the Indians on here have said they don't consider monkey a racist term.

but 1st give us some proof,i think calling anyone a money is wrong but prove it that someone actually did use that term before terming his a racist and suspending him and for that matter i think calling someone a bast**** is as wrong.

More than that sadly. Just one Indian on the poll thought it was racist. The "no" camp was also almost entirely Indian.

but 1st give us some proof,i think calling anyone a money is wrong but prove it that someone actually did use that term before terming his a racist and suspending him and for that matter i think calling someone a bast**** is as wrong.

If there was no proof an ICC match referee wouldn't have banned him. As to what proof there is it hasn't been released and all talk of so-and-so's word against someone else's word is all heresay.

There's no proof either way. Which is entirely the point at the moment! All we know is that Harbhajan said something to Symonds. He may well called him a Monkey, he may well have called him anything. Nobody has any proof to prove he didn't call Symonds a monkey, and we don't have any proof that he did.

More than that sadly. Just one Indian on the poll thought it was racist. The "no" camp was also almost entirely Indian.

If there was no proof an ICC match referee wouldn't have banned him. As to what proof there is it hasn't been released and all talk of so-and-so's word against someone else's word is all heresay.

their is no proof that is why their is such a huge cry over this suspension and the hearsay word you are talking bout was used by one brad hogg against the indian captain.

There's no proof either way. Which is entirely the point at the moment! All we know is that Harbhajan said something to Symonds. He may well called him a Monkey, he may well have called him anything. Nobody has any proof to prove he didn't call Symonds a monkey, and we don't have any proof that he did.

and everyone knows that even in the court of law you are not guilty untill proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread