India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
their is no proof that is why their is such a huge cry over this suspension and the hearsay word you are talking bout was used by one brad hogg against the indian captain.

The Hogg appeal is going to be heard and he may well be suspended too.

and everyone knows that even in the court of law you are not guilty untill proven otherwise.

He was proven otherwise else he wouldn't have been banned.

dude every indian will agree that harbhajan is a racist and all this argument will stop if any one of you can show some kind of proof.

The only evidence against him is hearsay. No video and audio evidence were provided at the hearing. So, you could be incorrect in speculating that he used the word 'monkey' in the first place and second, I would not call Harbhajan a racist. He should not be crucified with a label like that for the rest of his life simply for not understanding the complexities of your culture. I mean, if he had called someone a 'black monkey' or a 'black ****' like a few Australian players did to the Sri Lankans, then that would be blatant racism. Yes, he did make a mistake. He meant to be offensive, he meant to retort to whatever Symonds said to him. And he deserves to be punished to the extent that violates the Code.

With regards to Hogg, I saw that in a few of the closed threads, some English and Aussie members were complaining that the word '*******' is not offensive. That's a perfect example of the point that some of the Indian members are trying to make with regards to calling someone monkey. I feel like I'm rehashing old territory here, but in case you're not aware of the complexities of our culture, the word '*******' is considered to be exceedingly insulting and offensive to one's family and origin, i.e. descent. And since we're prosecuting people based on the connotations that a word holds in a particular culture, that would be in direct violation of ICC Code of Conduct, which specifically bans remarks against one's descent.

Personally, I'm not going to call Hogg this or that for his mistake in not understanding our culture, but on the same note, Bhajji doesn't deserve to be labeled as a racist. I definitely think he made a mistake if he called Symonds a 'monkey'.

The Hogg appeal is going to be heard and he may well be suspended too.

He was proven otherwise else he wouldn't have been banned.

he was banned just going by the word of the australian players present at the hearing.why wasnty the word of people like kumle and sachin taken??

With regards to Hogg, I saw that in a few of the closed threads, some English and Aussie members were complaining that the word '*******' is not offensive. That's a perfect example of the point that some of the Indian members are trying to make with regards to calling someone monkey. I feel like I'm rehashing old territory here, but in case you're not aware of the complexities of our culture, the word '*******' is considered to be exceedingly insulting and offensive to one's family and origin, i.e. descent. And since we're prosecuting people based on the connotations that a word holds in a particular culture, that would be in direct violation of ICC Code of Conduct, which specifically bans remarks against one's descent.

Personally, I'm not going to call Hogg this or that for his mistake in not understanding our culture, but on the same note, Bhajji doesn't deserve to be labeled as a racist. I definitely think he made a mistake if he called Symonds a 'monkey'.

I've said strongly in the "Is monkey offensive?" thread that I agree entirely with what you've written and Hogg should get whatever is coming to him.

he was banned just going by the word of the australian players present at the hearing.why wasnty the word of people like kumle and sachin taken??

Well Kumble was in the dressing room at the time...
We don't know what evidence convinced Mike Procter (maybe that will come out in the appeal) but we do know that something did.

Last edited:
Wow... Just now finished reading all the pages and replying to the posts that I felt needed to be replied to.

It has certainly left a sour taste in the mouth for all... But I dont want Harbhajan to live with the stigma of being called a "racist" for his life when he hasnt done a mistake (show me evidence that he has done it and I will call him racist too!).

Indian fans - its our nature to get easily fed up of all this. but trust me, once you get out of this, the opposite party will continue their whinging and it will look like we lost to them becoz we arent right. i am not yet ready to give up.

More than that sadly. Just one Indian on the poll thought it was racist. The "no" camp was also almost entirely Indian.

If there was no proof an ICC match referee wouldn't have banned him. As to what proof there is it hasn't been released and all talk of so-and-so's word against someone else's word is all heresay.

I believe it is racist in the context. In America it's been used as a racist term against Blacks and Indians/pakistanis that I know, but that's because I've been raised in Western Culture. In the Indian Context it isn't necessarily so.

irottev will like this.

Tendulkar is Gillespie's bunny. :D

:D

6 times from 8 matches.

Trescothick and Ganga are also Gillespie bunnies.

1. They shouldn't have banned Harbajan, there as no proof and even if there was it wouldn't have deserved a three match suspension.

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this comment. YOU SAW NO PROOF! You wern't out on the field. You didn't hear what the umpires and players heard/were saying.

He was banned at the hearing. There obviously was proof.

Last edited:
?
gillespie doesnt play anymore genius
BTW
benson and bucknor said they didn't hear anything from harbhajan
and symonds and ponting are good liars. And Gilchrist.

?
gillespie doesnt play anymore genius
BTW
benson and bucknor said they didn't hear anything from harbhajan
and symonds and ponting are good liars. And Gilchrist.

Yes he does.. hes 32 and plays for South Australia.. besides now he doesn't play for Australia it means Tendulkar will always be Gillespies bunny :)

When (if) the ICC ever realise their reasoning as to why they banned him then I'm sure the Australian's would be happy to oblige.

He does play. Just not for Australia at the moment, since he isn't quite as good as he used to be and Australia have a huge pool of amazing bowlers. With a tour to Pakistan coming up and a few of the players not wanting to go, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent an A side and Dizzy was a part of it.

Why would the Aussie team lie? Apart from Ponting, everyone else managed Harbhajan just fine. He was easy runs. And since he has a big history of doing things like this on the field, why is it so hard to believe?

I'm sure the ICC wouldn't ban a player without any proof. That's absurd.

..Proof is..That guy is banned. Face it, stop trying to deny it, get on with it and lets play Cricket and stop being crybabies and threatening to abandon tours etc.

I thought India were a tough proud nation or some B.S, then move on, accept it and go to Perth and show it to the Australians.

no but i ve been watching both of them.
Gilchrist going up in appeal so loudly and confidently when the ball didnt touch the bat in the dravid dismissal. Bloody damn good acting
Ponting without even seeing clarkey catch the ball saying that he caught it
and then mark benson going along wiht it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread