India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been decided that with all the threads going on right now that are full of trolling, this thread will be reopened as the only source of discussion regarding India's tour of Australia and its controversys.

Flaming wars, trolling and intolerance will, as usal, not be tolerated, and that goes for both sides of the argument. Try talking about cricket a little bit if possible.

Cricket is cool, I cant wait for Cricket to be played at the Western Australian Cricket ground, good Cricket is expected from these two Cricket-mad, Cricketing nations.

;)

Matthew Hayden seems to still be injured, if he misses out, who should come in? Should an opener be picked or should Mike Hussey open instead?

If Hussey opens, I believe that his brother would be a good choice to replace him. Simon Katich could, in theory, either open or bat in the middle order too, since he's been red hot in the Pura Cup this year.

I can't wait for the match. Is India still going to play ACT Invitational XI?

No, CHRIS ROGERS. Has been in blistering form for WA recently!

Why muck around with the team dynamics when we have a ready opener in Rogers? Imagine it, it will be the first time in a while without Hayden and/or Langs as openers?!

Oh god not Katich, i dont know why, but i really dont like watching Katich play...

Jaques just needs a bit of time. If he got the support behind him and he didnt have to worry about keeping his place in the team then i reckon he can go a long way.

Totally forgot about Hayden's injury problem with all the drama. Chris Rogers would be an excellent choice, but I'd doubt they would make the change during this series.

Clarke opening seems like a disaster and Hussey opening isn't such a bad move. It would most likely be a stable, safe choice to whom they'd pick. Like Brad Hodge...or someone that comes to the Cricket.

Hussey to open and brad hodge middle order I wish, need a Victorian

I would try Rogers to see what hes got. Hussey is setted at 4 which is an important position to steer us out of collapses. Katich hasn't done too much opening so I wouldn't risk him there, middle order at best. If selectors did move Hussey I suspect Katich could get a go given he has more experience than Daivd.

Hussey to open and brad hodge middle order I wish, need a Victorian

Oh no no no, don't want to see that Hodge back yet! If I had to go a Victorian give me David Hussey.

Last edited:
I would also prefer Hussey, Hodge is a good player but I think it's time to give Hussey a go, he deserves the callup and the selectors might even give him a fair go since he's not born in Victoria.

I seriously doubt Rogers could be intimidating enough in the opener's position against India. I would like to see M. Hussey promoted to open with Jaques as he (the former) has some experience with that, and then bring in the highly overlooked D. Hussey for a test debut at number 5 below Clarke. Hence the team would look like this (with Brad Hogg also out due to possible suspension, injury, lack of penetration or unsuitable pitch):

M. Hussey
Jaques
Ponting
Clarke
D. Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Clark
Tait
Hilfenhaus/Noffke

But obviously the selectors will be likely to give Johnson another shot which is absolutely BS as the pitch will suit fast bowlers, hence he might fluke a few wickets and then get picked for the 4th test.

The batting would be quite green and the seniors (ala Ponting and Gilchrist) would have to anchor the innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread