India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt Rogers could be intimidating enough in the opener's position against India.

We don't really need an intimidating player, just one that can get 100s. Jaques is aggressive as it is so we won't have to worry too much about the run rate.

I would try Rogers to see what hes got. Hussey is setted at 4 which is an important position to steer us out of collapses. Katich hasn't done too much opening so I wouldn't risk him there, middle order at best. If selectors did move Hussey I suspect Katich could get a go given he has more experience than Daivd.

Oh no no no, don't want to see that Hodge back yet! If I had to go a Victorian give me David Hussey.

fair enough, I like david hussey,makes us look more aggressive which I like to see. I haven't watch alot of domestic cricket since it was pulled from channel nine :(

Also need to consider the facts of the circumstances of the match. Someone with more experience seems to fill that need for me and the selectors wouldn't seem like the type to bring Rogers or David Hussey into such a game like this.

I think they should bring JL out of retirement!! Nah, doesn't really matter, good chance to blood someone new but most probably they will just push huss up to open and put hodge in at 4 - he batted pretty well in the 20/20 tonight and he has a 200 at the waca.

We got it all sussed in the bowling attack - Bring Tait in for Hoggy and if we need some spin the indians struggle against Roy and Pup. I have no idea what the indians will do - need to get rid of jaffer and yuvraj, they just aren't up to it at this level. They need some more pace as well cause their spinners will be fodder at the WACA.

My prediction - innings win for Australia...maybe even by a record margin...which would be fitting when cementing themselves as the greatest cricket team of all time with their 17th in a row. Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pomersbach might be going to watch this game too maybe they can give him a game again :P

Reckon he has the talent to make the team but obviously way too early now

just a quick question. even though h singh can play the next two matches are the indians waiting untill he appeal is heard before they decide wether they will play or not.

So is Hayden out of the match? Who's next in line? Chris Rogers?

I hope India make it to Canberra and give Sehwag some match practice. I hope Yuvraj is nowhere near the team.

So is Hayden out of the match? Who's next in line? Chris Rogers?

I hope India make it to Canberra and give Sehwag some match practice. I hope Yuvraj is nowhere near the team.

yuvraj should be sent home along with deepika.

Frankly I think India were in the right. The umpires robbed them and rightly the fans have complained, some to ridiculous extents but nothing harmful. They are also right that Bhaji should face a fair trial and that with conflicting evidence from biased informants it is difficult to make a judgement.

However when they stopped being wrong was when they tried to get the Umpires changed - you simply cannot try and influence who umpires as it sets a very dangerous precedence. Anyway I'd say with the amount of abysmal decisions made against India I'd say the Umpires would be more likely to give the advantage to India in marginal decisions to make up for that. But that's an aside.

Also their attempt to justify Bhaji's alleged actions by saying monkey isn't racist is laughable. Perhaps it isn't racist in native Indian, perhaps not, I don't know but recent history between the teams has shown (a tiny minority thankfully) Indian fans making monkey gestures towards Symonds, which were blatantly intended as offensive. With this having occurred I find it naive to deny the Indians weren't aware of the offence it could cause. Anyway why would Bhaji call Symonds a monkey (NOTE: I am not saying he did or didn't) if he didn't mean it offensively? If it is a nice or normal word in Indian, why would be call Symonds one? Also I find it bizarre that people are trying to make Symonds as the villain here, he thinks he was racially abused, which is a serious allegation, not something you just shrug off, especially if you want to eradicate racism as much as possible.

It is a shame because I have a soft spot for many of India's players and I have no particular liking for Australia, so much that Jardine is one of my heroes

Frankly I think India were in the right. The umpires robbed them and rightly the fans have complained, some to ridiculous extents but nothing harmful. They are also right that Bhaji should face a fair trial and that with conflicting evidence from biased informants it is difficult to make a judgement.

However when they stopped being wrong was when they tried to get the Umpires changed - you simply cannot try and influence who umpires as it sets a very dangerous precedence. Anyway I'd say with the amount of abysmal decisions made against India I'd say the Umpires would be more likely to give the advantage to India in marginal decisions to make up for that. But that's an aside.

Also their attempt to justify Bhaji's alleged actions by saying monkey isn't racist is laughable. Perhaps it isn't racist in native Indian, perhaps not, I don't know but recent history between the teams has shown (a tiny minority thankfully) Indian fans making monkey gestures towards Symonds, which were blatantly intended as offensive. With this having occurred I find it naive to deny the Indians weren't aware of the offence it could cause. Anyway why would Bhaji call Symonds a monkey (NOTE: I am not saying he did or didn't) if he didn't mean it offensively? If it is a nice or normal word in Indian, why would be call Symonds one? Also I find it bizarre that people are trying to make Symonds as the villain here, he thinks he was racially abused, which is a serious allegation, not something you just shrug off, especially if you want to eradicate racism as much as possible.

It is a shame because I have a soft spot for many of India's players and I have no particular liking for Australia, so much that Jardine is one of my heroes
Mate, there's a reason all the threads discussing this topic have been closed--members aren't able to discuss it maturely. I hope that this thread doesn't go that way again because it seems like the administration is looking for one final straw to make the thread mod-preview.

The news is that India will make it to Canberra for the practice match. I hope the turmoil over the last few days has brought the team together.

Last edited:
i hope we get to see pankaj singh in action,wasim akram had some good things to say bout him.

Mate, there's a reason all the threads discussing this topic have been closed--members aren't able to discuss it maturely. I hope that this thread doesn't go that way again because it seems like the administration is looking for one final straw to make the thread mod-preview.

The news is that India will make it to Canberra for the practice match. I hope the turmoil over the last few days has brought the team together.

Oh ok, my apologies. There are so many posts in so many places about this that it is just impossible to keep up :)

Oh ok, my apologies. There are so many posts in so many places about this that it is just impossible to keep up :)
Yeah. It's gotten a bit annoying. :D Oh well, looks like the cricket is back in gear, and it looks like it's gonna be one intense game for both the players and the spectators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread